• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I hope my grandpa feels better.

What to eat for lunch?

Why am I so clingy in relationships?

I read a few KHs mashups with Bleach, RWBY, and Doctor Who.

I've been procrastinating on my oc list. My dislike of Nero started to seep in so I'm second guessing myself.

It got me thinking about how to do legacy characters better. Those are characters like Robin, Miles Morales, She-Hulk etc. I don't mind the concept but I feel Marvel and DC'S approach is too outdated.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I am so glad i am not the only one who dislikes nero ^^^^^
UNITE...;)

He's more of a misfire to me. There are alot of cool ideas in his concept art but the final product is a let down. Plus I outgrew shonen anime in college so he just got me at the wrong time.

Re6 did him a lot better with Jake. But both series stumble with the "my dad is a supervillian," trope. Better luck next time Capcom. ;)

On my fanfic read- the KH/Bleach mashup works the best. A mashup is a crossover that merges both franchises and characters.

Surprisingly it's harder to imagine Sora as the Doctor than Ichigo. But that's probably the appeal.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ I've grown to love Nero in recent years, but I think how hard Capcom is trying to force him into the position of main protagonist is a mistake. Like...he's well written, but he's not written in such a way that he can support an entire game on his own, which is my biggest turn off regarding him. He, like Lucia, is written like supporting a character without strong enough characterisation or traits to stand on his own. :/ It'd be extremely disappointing to lose Dante as the MC (I say, constantly wavering between loving Dante and wanting to yeet him off a cliff) in favour of...dude who's just kinda there, which is Nero's vibe, imo. (Sorry for that tangent.)

--
Thinking:
I shouldn't work on DMC fic for NaNo, I should work on my actual work for NaNo. And yet this fic plot bunny will not stop following me. T-T -prods bunny- If I write about Vergil, will you leave??

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought about NaNiWriMo but it would be too ambitious for me right now. I rather become more consistent first and start entering contests before attempting it.

Good luck tho.

@Shadow
I don't mind retiring Dante because he lost his luster by 5. But I rather hope for new writers because I'm not a big fan of Bingo and Itsuno's take anymore. Which is I'm excited for the upcoming animated series more than DMC6. Althought I'd check out both eventually.

For Nero, I'd probably lean into Fortuna and the Order more. Those are strong concepts that 4 should've tackled better. Same with Lucia and Vie Di Marli, Uroborous etc.

EDIT-

Jake's ending in Re6 was bonkers and I loved it. Dude needs a spinoff or to be the lead of RE9. I'm not picky. ;)

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Just like how I didn't mind Raiden in MGS2, I didn't have a problem with Nero.

In fact, I was already thinking about a "grab/throw" move in the series ever since I saw Dante pick up a Marionette off his shoulders and slams it to the ground back in the very first game.
Took them a while but we finally get a character that can do just that and I really like doing combos where the final move is a Buster.

People nowadays remember Raiden as some sort of meme factory, thanks to Metal Gear Rising but totally forget how there's so much vocal hatred towards him back in 2001.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, I miss the adverts of old, they always made me laugh and knew how to make their products memorable.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of an RE6/Rwby fanfic crossover where Jake and Qrow have to teamup to survive.

Another version is Jake, Sherry, Helena and Piers meet at Beacon. Which could be a sequel to the former.

Or Jake saves Weiss from Raven's Bandits and tries to extort her family connection.

Winter might be a better option for that one.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Rebel Dynasty I understand. The Broly movie has crazy inconsistent art. I remember when the fans were praising it simply because it wasn't the usual artist drawing the movie. Yeah it turned out super well...
. Nevertheless it sounds like you liked Super. Will you attempt the Manga version or nah?

In other news:

My life is stagnant. What to do, what to do?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My daughter's got a playdate on Saturday with a baby boy 2 months younger than her.

Just the thought of it is absolutely adorable. :love:

And her mom is nice too. It's good to meet some fellow mothers. Just one of my friends has kids so I don't talk mommy stuff that much with anyone.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I did some more brainstorming on my ocs . 7 of them are ready to go while 2 are undercooked. Next step is plotting/outline.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow Yup, a lot of my NaNos have been WIP edits (including the current one; I don't have the brain for writing fresh material atm). ^^

@Sparda's rejected son Hard to say. I won't rule it out, but I probably won't actively look for the manga, tbh. Some mediums for story-telling are better suited to specific story types--and I figure stuff like DBZ and DBS work best in anime form. ^^

CT: Back on a BotW kick, and I'm about 80 Koroks away from finding them all. (Just to get a golden poop, of all things. But when I really enjoy a game, I play it to its fullest).

+ The single most bizarre and unnerving thing I've seen in a long time: the decapitated head of a wasp still functioning/reacting when interacted with...including attempts at biting anything that came near it. Freakier still was leaving it alone for a couple hours to do other things, thinking it would be dead the next time I looked at it... And it wasn't. Suffice it to say, a mercy kill followed.

Like I cannot convey how very unsettling it was. It could even move itself to better face a perceived attack. I've heard of the body carrying the head off, but until this, not of the head itself functioning independently. Nightmare fuel. O_O

Top Bottom