• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've gotten used to feeling anxious so now that I'm optimistic I'm worried about it fading fast.

But maybe the test is how to have persistence rather than giving up?

People say I got a good head on my shoulders. So now I should use it more.

Khalid (the guy in my profile pic) was the first character I really created but he's the one I'm most lost on.

I guess my problem was he was based off all the problems I was dealing with and haven't really resolved. So I needed some distance to really figure out who he was.

Recently I started seeing him more like Noctis and dressed like the 14th Doctor. He's been psychic since he was 5 so I figured he'd grow more aloof as he got older.

I also realized I've created many characters hiding something.

Maybe I'll write an optimist one day?

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Apparently someone is making a game with zombies in medieval times while a war rages on.

I mean... I like the idea of setting it during a war, the death toll is a good excuse to bring zombies into the mix but... Bro, good luck to any of them tryna bite into a knight covered head to toe in full plate armor.

Idk dude, ultimately I think zombies in an era where soldiers were actually armored would be completely non threatening.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
We truly live in clown world.

The other day, an advert was banned for portraying "racial stereotypes" because it was a recruiting ad for prison officers in which said officer was white and the inmate was black. Except that no actors were involved in the ad, both roles were played by a real prison officer and inmate (and was one of many variant ads featuring many different ethnicities) so they were not "portraying" anything other than reality. The funniest (if you can really call it that) part was one of the justifications for the ban was that the inmate had a comb in his afro and so was depicting a "black stereotype"...but then you recall that's a real person being themselves so the people getting offended basically are telling a black man to be "less black". :confused:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Someone shared fanart of Cloud and Tifa's future kids and it made me wish we got FF7-2 instead of FF7R.

Oh well.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"You should check it out if you haven't already." - The Nostalgia Critic after having reviewed and (because of his review style) completely spoiled a good movie.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Autumn starts to affect my mood again, but I'm confident I'll make it. It's been significantly better for two autumns already. And I've got it covered, I've got physical, social and mental safety net prepared.

It's fine. Still it frightens me though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

It got me thinking about what my star wars self insert would be.

I'd be a force sensitive kid who wasn't chosen as a padawan. So I'm returned to my family and have to adjust as a regular citizen.

I end up missing all of the Clone wars but still have to run from the Empire.

I end up with teaming up with Quilan Vos who ends up training me anyway. I'm a padawan at 21...lol.

This was fun. Lol.

Edit- I pitched on YouTube and the video uploader loved it. She told me it felt like a real story she'd read so now I know what to pitch if I get scouted by Disney...;).

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
*Defendant rams through an entire Christmas parade with a 1/12 ton SUV, represents himself in court.*

"I don't know why God planned for this..."

Buddy, I don't think the 'God hardened Pharoah's heart' argument has been validly used for about 2000 years now. Not even war criminals convicted in Nuremberg gave that one a try.

Goldsickle

YOUTUBE: "Here's some new extended gameplay footage of the Dead Space remake!"

*The player for the gameplay video continues to shoot Necromorphs in the head and body, wasting ammo.*

ME: "Make it stop... make it stop..."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
They say that Empires last only around 500 years on average, and after looking at the news and seeing that Americans in Pennsylvania elected a literal dead man to be their state representative...yeah, I think the writing might be on the wall. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Andor episode 10 was a banger. Best Star Wars yet. Best bloody prequel too.

Both my Time Lord Victorious novels came in the mail recently. I got something to do while the storm hits Florida.

I might've caused a Twitter fight over whether or not Luna from FF15 is boring. I gotta find a better outlet for my fan interests.

David Tennant also being the 14th Doctor got me excited for the 60th anniversary. I'm also skeptical because it's also a pragmatic business decision. But if the specials rock I'll be fine. Not gonna lie, new Doctor's always bring hype because it's fun to think of the possibilities.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One of my friends from college reminds me of a sitcom character. Not a specific one but our dynamic feels like out if a sitcom.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
A random memory hit my head: the moment during my lab assistant studies when I was holding a presentation, made a little demo on 'golden rain reaction' with lead iodide ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rain_demonstration ). Beautiful as heck! ... and I told my classmates to search "golden shower" in Google to see some more.

Never ever EVER in my life have I cursed my poor memory that much than during those long minutes of laughter.

Also: *insert the meme for a new core memory*.

Goldsickle

"Oh my god, what's up with all these remakes these days? It's like we're suddenly getting remakes nobody wanted!" - People who didn't grow up in the 80's and 90's.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Oh my god, what's up with all these remakes these days? It's like we're suddenly getting remakes nobody wanted!" - People who didn't grow up in the 80's and 90's.

It's less than that and more-

It's more a commercial venture than a creative venture.

It's a time sink that should be spent on other projects.

There's disagreements over which games should get remade.

I'm mixed on remakes myself because I think remaking games is more valuable than movies or books but more time consuming. So it's a trade off.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

It's more a commercial venture than a creative venture.
Every remake has its own back-story.

For example, in RE2 remake's case, it was a dream project from the producer for years before he finally got the courage to submit his pitch to Capcom.

My point is how remaking games has always been a thing for a long time.
Some people are only realizing it now because a few games they were paying attention to are getting remakes.

Top Bottom