• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Axel is my favorite KH character. He reminds me of Spike- a villian with depth and he keeps you guessing.

Days revealed he and Saix used to be friends and were working together to undermine Xemnas before disagreeing over what lines they would cross. That made him more interesting and he's now a dark foil to Sora.

It's also the only retcon that worked and taught me how to manage retcon, incorporating fantasy and characterization.

I would've added Larxene to complete the trio.

**** I thought of a new fanfic.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I wonder if I should try making graphic novels. I'm not good at drawing but hey, gotta start somewhere.

... also I guess I sort of challenged myself to it because my immediate first thought was "Bruh, no one reads graphic novels around here" – I still identify as an Artist, not an Entertainer, but if I'm starting to think stuff commercially I need to re-think my position in that spectrum as well as my needs and wants as a writer.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wonder if I should try making graphic novels. I'm not good at drawing but hey, gotta start somewhere.

... also I guess I sort of challenged myself to it because my immediate first thought was "Bruh, no one reads graphic novels around here" – I still identify as an Artist, not an Entertainer, but if I'm starting to think stuff commercially I need to re-think my position in that spectrum as well as my needs and wants as a writer.
Comic still need a script and you could cut out the middle man by drawing it yourself. Unlike writing, you could use fan art in a portfolio. So you could draw a fan Comic for DMC and use that to get a job.

The writing studio I sent you does an online comic writing course. You should check it out.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Comic still need a script and you could cut out the middle man by drawing it yourself. Unlike writing, you could use fan art in a portfolio. So you could draw a fan Comic for DMC and use that to get a job.

The writing studio I sent you does an online comic writing course. You should check it out.
Honestly, I'm more into writing than drawing but as I'm a very visual writer, the idea of drawing my scenes intrigues me.

I will check it, thanks for the tip. My time zone is often a problem tho :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly, I'm more into writing than drawing but as I'm a very visual writer, the idea of drawing my scenes intrigues me.

I will check it, thanks for the tip. My time zone is often a problem tho :D
No problem.

Most comic writers in the states don't draw their own work. They usually team with an artist. So you'll fit right in.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Among the very best moments of parenting: my 1yo daughter has learned to give stuff to others, so she carries her toys to me one by one and waits until I reach my palm towards her to give her toy to me. Then she immediately proceeds to fetch a new one.

Also she sometimes tries very hard to share her pacifiers with me by pushing them to my face. :LOL:

Such a little treasure she is. :love:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Annoyingly, I bought a new set of earphones recently but they've barely lasted a month before they've started leaking sound something fierce and now I'll have to look at getting another set of replacements.

Though I suppose a few days without blasting loud music constantly into my ears might alleviate the tinnitus in my ears for once. :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought rewriting the One Piece anime filler arcs with Sabo or Law's crew instead of Luffy and the others.

It's one of my bad habits as a fanfic writer- I'd rewrite existing plots with a different character.

It started when I thought about rewriting Dragon Ball GT with Goten and Trunks traveling with Pan instead of Goku.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So. Therapy's over. My last session was today.

I feel... different. I should, I guess. Things that were so important and shook my world so much earlier are no longer defining my every reaction. I no longer label myself with that stuff.

Worth every cent. But I'm also happy it's over.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

The new JSA comic had a bunch of members who were the children of supervillians. I'm a sucker for rebuilding a legacy type story. They should pop up in Black Adam's inevitable sequel.

I'm interested in most of the new faces at DC and Marvel.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My husband's dissertation has been published. He included our daughter and me in acknowledgements.

I think my heart just melted and flowed on my cheeks from my eyes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm curious about Tosin a new character in Black Panther. But other fans really hate him and his writer. I'm getting flashbacks to when I started out complain about Nero and Sora ... lol.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the new look for Trigun's new anime. I never finished the manga so I'm hoping it streams on Netflix one day.

I've been a KH fan since I was 10 and I had a hard time letting it go. The recent games didn't appeal to me for a number of reasons. I've been trying to figure out how to use this frustration in my own writing.

It's similar to how I try use my dissapointment in nero in my own characters.

But I haven't cracked KH yet. I wrote a YA idea called Umbran Tales but I'm having second thoughts about the YA part.

I had a problem capturing ages in my short story so maybe that affects it?

I woke up early to pray and I couldn't go back asleep yet.

Lol.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My thesis instructor told me my academic written English is "remarkably good".

I don't know if it was my thesis draft he read...

Top Bottom