• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Devil May Cry should've been under Hideki Kamiya's direction

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
It was supossed to depict Dante inheriting Sparda's powers. Here's concept art of how Sparda looked according to Kamiya

DMC_Graphic_Edition_Sparda.jpg

That is an interesting drawing of Sparda. So this is his human form...
Actually this is concept of the ruler of the castle. At first he was supposed to be Spencer who had two sons, both infected with the T-Virus, which is where his powers would come from, and then, when it was a treasure hunter, he became the ruler of the castle. I don't remember an instance where they specifically said that this was the preliminary designs for Sparda.
That's rather confusing...
The first novel had a Castlevania like feel. It didn't have castles but it was pretty dark and gritty.

Of Course but Capcom happened :(
Dark, gritty, and, not to mention, gothic themes are applicable for a Castlevania theme.

Yes. Blame Crampcom for ruining it! I feel like the series we see now is also their mistake..

Im not a fan of mundus being the villian of every game tho because it might loose appeal after a while
Good point. :/
Maybe the villain would've been someone associated to Mundus and/or Sparda...!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That is an interesting drawing of Sparda. So this is his human form...

That's rather confusing...

Dark, gritty, and, not to mention, gothic themes are applicable for a Castlevania theme.

Yes. Blame Crampcom for ruining it! I feel like the series we see now is also their mistake..

Good point. :/
Maybe the villain would've been someone associated to Mundus and/or Sparda...!

Well the game started out as a pitch for a RE game so the story went to many different iterations. You should look up how Vincent Valentine came to be and the earlier ideas for FF7:blink:.

Did you know Sora's earlier design was him as half lion that wielded a chainsaw?

Im wondering Kamiya got the rights for the franchise today would he still do the series the same way?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Im wondering Kamiya got the rights for the franchise today would he still do the series the same way?

Nope.

Considering the majority of the people who worked on DMC1 are either elsewhere (Mikami at Tango and is about to retire after Evil Within), still at Capcom, or dead (Noburo Sugimori who was the scenario writer for DMC1 as well as the author for the DMC3 manga).

Bayonetta and Wonderful101 are the type of games Kamiya makes nowadays.

If Kamiya made DMC today it won't be much different than his current titles (granted it will be dark and gothic since its about darker themes such as demons compared to angels and aliens) so be prepared for QTEs up the wazoo, BS game design 101, multiple boss encounters that makes DMC1/4 looks like playdoh, and press X to not die. But on the bright side the gameplay will be great (so were the pass DMC games), over the top, most likely explosive (PG loves their over the top explosions), riddled with corny American jokes, and uber vulgar language that actually makes DmC looks like a kids show.

Not saying he and PG can't make a great DMC game. They probably can or just can but can they or will they make it like DMC1 or similar to DMC1...........nope not really (well at least I think so). I mean in terms of style it might be more akin to DMC4 considering he used DMC4 as a reference when making Bayonetta and it seems more than just DMC4's gameplay rubbed off on Bayonetta.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
when you play as sparda on the legendary dark knight difficulty in dmc1 he has yamato as a weapon

Well, yes, that would be a costume. Costumes don't necessarily exist in the same timeframe. I mean, Sparda is gone in DMC1, so playing as him makes it clear that it's not 'canon', so to speak. The Yamato's gone too, until it's found by the Order of the Sword in DMC4, presumably after they opened the first hell gate.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Ok so lets say with the next dmc game we started over and with this thread as a kind of request line we went back to the intended i guess "format" what would be expected? and does that mean we are scrapping DmC (much like Ninja gaiden 3 was scrapped and then redone as Razors Edge?)

Because in that case it would go

DMC 5- Sparda (main character) (demon realm and mundus the villains)
DMC6- A cross between the reboot DmC and DMC3
DMC7- DMC1 re made with awsome graphics
DMC8- Would have dmc4 replaced and remade with no plot holes
DMC9- Would replace dmc2 and finish off the cycle

keeping in mind the whole time that the game was supposedly supposed to mirror that of castlevainia in terms of gothic theme and plot

MigsRZXAStylish

Ok so lets say with the next dmc game we started over and with this thread as a kind of request line we went back to the intended i guess "format" what would be expected? and does that mean we are scrapping DmC (much like Ninja gaiden 3 was scrapped and then redone as Razors Edge?)

Because in that case it would go

DMC 5- Sparda (main character) (demon realm and mundus the villains)
DMC6- A cross between the reboot DmC and DMC3
DMC7- DMC1 re made with awsome graphics
DMC8- Would have dmc4 replaced and remade with no plot holes
DMC9- Would replace dmc2 and finish off the cycle

keeping in mind the whole time that the game was supposedly supposed to mirror that of castlevainia in terms of gothic theme and plot
That would be possible. Kamiya may unite the fanbase in one banner if that is the case!

DMC5 would've been like Sparda and Mundus as friends/allies. Then later, we see Sparda getting disillusioned, questioning Mundus' intentions. This is the development into his Legendary Dark Knight actions where he betrayed his kind because he pitied mankind for their hardships and having emotions and stuff.
DMC6 idea is awesome.
DMC7 won't be just DMC1 remade with awesome graphics, but also DMC3-styled gameplay and Reuben Langdon voicing Dante doing DMC1 Dante's lines. Have you watched/heard how he said the "Fill your dark soul with light" quote? He said the "light" part in a squeaky voice.
DMC8 is what I agree with. Maybe it would have longer number of missions too, but shared evenly between Nero and Dante. The final missions would be the two together cooperatively.
DMC9 would definitely end it all with a good night rest! :D

Speaking of that, I should have a good night rest too! I should wake up good later! Ja ne!! :D

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
That would be possible. Kamiya may unite the fanbase in one banner if that is the case!

DMC5 would've been like Sparda and Mundus as friends/allies. Then later, we see Sparda getting disillusioned, questioning Mundus' intentions. This is the development into his Legendary Dark Knight actions where he betrayed his kind because he pitied mankind for their hardships and having emotions and stuff.
DMC6 idea is awesome.
DMC7 won't be just DMC1 remade with awesome graphics, but also DMC3-styled gameplay and Reuben Langdon voicing Dante doing DMC1 Dante's lines. Have you watched/heard how he said the "Fill your dark soul with light" quote? He said the "light" part in a squeaky voice.
DMC8 is what I agree with. Maybe it would have longer number of missions too, but shared evenly between Nero and Dante. The final missions would be the two together cooperatively.
DMC9 would definitely end it all with a good night rest! :D

Speaking of that, I should have a good night rest too! I should wake up good later! Ja ne!! :D

Glad you agree i was worried i hadnt captured what it is you would want from the series should remakes be possible so im glad i atleast hit the nail on the head decently :)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
interesting concept. i would have loved to see it come to fruition but i wouldn't have it any other way than it is now

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well i think there was a fear that if Kamiya gained the rights to the series, he might throw out everything outside of DMC1 and start fresh a la a soft reboot.

Sidebar- The difference between a soft reboot and a hard reboot is that soft reboots you pick and choose what you keep and throw out the rest like i could decide to keep DMC3 and remove everything else. Where as Hard reboots are throwing out everything and starting from square one.

If he did do that, i wouldn't mind since I didn't get the sense capcom really cared enough given how disjointed the franchise is and i'm legitimately curious as to how he would have done the franchise and these characters.

I think it would be best if the author of the first two light novels joined him to help him out on plot and characters and too insure continuity etc. Plus the second novel brings in this artifact that has the ability to travel dimensions/timelines so easy way to crossover into Bayonetta.

MigsRZXAStylish

Yeahi wouldn't mind that kind of reboot either. But i'd only like a reboot if it will put the story from dmc1 novel out.

We need to see Gilver who is Vergil lol.
I feel like the novel is more canon as DMC1's prequel than DMC3 (despite it being my most fav DMC game)...

And yeah we definitely want to see the video game version of Gilver AKA Vergil.

Now that you're here ID, what are your thoughts of my theory of the DMC series if it was still under Kamiya-san's direction that it would've been a cooler version of the Castlevania series? I asked you this because I sensed parallelisms between DMC1 and the Castlevania series as well as talking about this with DMCGamer1989.

IncarnatedDemon

I haven't played castlevania, so i do not know.
But i think if Kamiya was directing dmc2(which is where story went off the rail) it would been a pretty decent game.
He is a creator, and creators are passionate individuals.
And he is currently working for Platinum Games, and he's done alot good things for his company.

So my thought on Kamiya continue is positive.

MigsRZXAStylish

I haven't played castlevania, so i do not know.
But i think if Kamiya was directing dmc2(which is where story went off the rail) it would been a pretty decent game.
He is a creator, and creators are passionate individuals.
And he is currently working for Platinum Games, and he's done alot good things for his company.

So my thought on Kamiya continue is positive.

Just put DMC back to its beginning roots in the first game. Dark, gothic, but less somber...

He is a good guy, but let's not get on his bad side. I still remember the tweet in which he said that he got ****ed off about DmC like 10^I don't know what power times according to him.

Well, gotta have a good night's sleep now!

Top Bottom