• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Devil May Cry should've been under Hideki Kamiya's direction

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
P* were the ones who pushed for the game to star Raiden after the events of 4. By that point since the game hit so many speed bumps I'm guessing it was just "whatever" moment. It's not like Kojima was a major player in the game's development anyway since he's been busy with The Phantom Pain.

And in doing so you f#cked sh!t up P*. I know I'm not a huge fan of Raiden so it doesn't affect me that much but it does bug me. I like consistency and continuity in this stuff. Raiden was DONE after MGS 4. He had his resolution as well as like, every other character pretty much being the final chapter there.

He got crippled and really f#cked up after stopping Outer Haven from crushing Snake and also found out Rose had his kid while he was away battling. The dude was retiring and was gonna just live out the rest of his days with his family. MGR just says "f#ck that lol" Oh, wait you don't know about that stuff? That's right. Because you aren't a Metal Gear fan so maybe you should stop talking like you know what's right and wrong for that franchise.

*gathers composure*

Sorry about that. I think I'm cool now.

IncarnatedDemon

Hideo Kojima would have preferred Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to feature Gray Fox rather than Raiden, but the famous Metal Gear Solid creator allowed the silver-haired star of Metal Gear Solid 2 to take the leading role because he wanted the younger members of his team to take control of the game.

"It was my staff in Kojima Productions that insisted on Raiden," said Kojima in an interview with IGN, "and I respected their idea. I wanted to really focus on production than development, and they wanted to come up with a really cool hack-and-slash title with some Katana action and Raiden in it, and I thought ‘okay, that’s fine, I respect that’."

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No crap. Kojima has been wanting to make a Gray Fox game for a long time. I followed MGR's development from the very start. I'm a Metal Gear freak so anything Metal Gear I'm usually on top of.

Kojima has a thing where he doesn't like working with protagonist younger than him because he can't relate with it well. Artist things. We all have our quirks to try and perfect our craft. I'm usually my harshest critic and will rip apart drawings violently and start from scratch even if one little thing messes up.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No crap. Kojima has been wanting to make a Gray Fox game for a long time. I followed MGR's development from the very start. I'm a Metal Gear freak so anything Metal Gear I'm usually on top of.

Kojima has a thing where he doesn't like working with protagonist younger than him because he can't relate with it well. Artist things. We all have our quirks to try and perfect our craft. I'm usually my harshest critic and will rip apart drawings violently and start from scratch even if one little thing messes up.

Oh sh*t don't remind me of that. I suffer from this all the freakin' time. If I see the SMALLEST mistake in my art, I just rip it all up and do it again by scratch. I f*cking hate it sometimes!>_<

IncarnatedDemon

P* were the ones who pushed for the game to star Raiden after the events of 4.
"It was my staff in Kojima Productions that insisted on Raiden," said Kojima

IncarnatedDemon

Kojima about MGR:
... Of course, this isn’t a game by me, this is a game by Platinum. There are some things about the story that I may have done differently, but I think the end result is something that neither studio could have made on their own. It’s a synergy of the best parts of each studio and I think the end product is very satisfying.

So in essence, if Platinum had said no to this offer, then Rising would not have existed. But in the end, Platinum did take over, they did a great job, and we have a great product as a result.
As far as Rising 2 is concerned, I really do have that in my mind, and I want to make it, and if we do make it it would definitely be with platinum. I don’t think anyone else could do it. And of course, my ulterior motive is that if Rising 2 came out, then guaranteed it would sell! Which means that I wouldn’t have to worry about that with Ground Zeroes. I can just do whatever I want [Laughs]!

"To be honest, I didn't think we'd have it go this well," he said. "When I first asked Platinum Games for help, it was a pretty forced request, in that I felt if I couldn't get them to take it then the project would be canceled."
Also Kojima made a trailer for Rising, and recently made a comment on twitter saying Rising is looking good on pc.

Rising was a success, the question is how big success it was.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Source? P* requested the changes. They had to go back and rewrite the story because of this in significantly less time as well.

You really aren't a person to rely on when it comes to anything Metal Gear. This isn't meant to be some kind of insult but you are a hack n slash fan. Not a Metal Gear fan. You haven't played any of the other games and you don't even understand most of the stuff in the series. Quit acting like you do.

It's fine that you aren't a big Metal Gear fan. It's just that you're trying to argue Metal Gear with me. It's gonna be nothing but a strawman. Don't doubt my Metal Gear prowess. It's one of my favorite franchises.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Source? P* requested the changes. They had to go back and rewrite the story because of this in significantly less time as well.

You really aren't a person to rely on when it comes to anything Metal Gear. This isn't meant to be some kind of insult but you are a hack n slash fan. Not a Metal Gear fan. You haven't played any of the other games and you don't even understand most of the stuff in the series. Quit acting like you do.

It's fine that you aren't a big Metal Gear fan. It's just that you're trying to argue Metal Gear with me. It's gonna be nothing but a strawman. Don't doubt my Metal Gear prowess. It's one of my favorite franchises.

Ouch. that was kind of hurtful, man.:/

IncarnatedDemon

I have respect for any MG fan except you. But your critique of MGR, where you talked about how you liked the sound of Battle-stealth i have registered and i thought your opinion was good.

But your disoriented about MGR by some. And i may not be big MG fan, but...i respect the serie and the fanbase of MG.
I have played MG, i just haven't played alot.
And what i played of it...i liked it.
It was MGS2 with Liquid Snake talking about mother russia i believe or something.
I simply did not go out and buy other games.

I have many times given sources, and i am quite fedup with giving sources. If you don't believe me, then live in ignorance or what the hell you want.

There are sources. Do a simple google search with the lines or setences in quotes. Look i did the search for you:
https://www.google.no/search?site=&source=hp&q= "It+was+my+staff+in+Kojima+Productions+that+insisted+on+Raiden%2C"+said+Kojima&oq=+"It+was+my+staff+in+Kojima+Productions+that+insisted+on+Raiden%2C"+said+Kojima&gs_l=hp.3...10269.10269.0.11031.1.1.0.0.0.0.108.108.0j1.1.0....0...1c..30.hp..1.0.0.m2lxwU6M5Tc

For rest of quotes, do the search yourself.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So on topic- i dont really know since Im not versed in his work outside of Bayonetta

Viewtiful_joe_soundtrack.jpg
View attachment 635
the_wonderful_101-1-11.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i know what he's done, i just never played anything else because of happenstance

Alright I'll sum it.

Viewtiful Joe, a Gotchaman or Super Sentai parody/cartoon that is literally about a spandex wearing average joe (his name as well) turned into a hero and fights evil in a.....movie screen and everything happens like its a movie. Some fourth wall breaking and cheesy superhero Saturday morning cartoon plot elements later its a beat em up like Streets of Rage but in 3D....or 2.5D.

Okami, a Zelda esque adventure game but with a slightly better combat system about Japanese mythology told through the aesthetics of a Japanese Sunday Morning cartoon. It is loaded with Japanese mythology and references through its characters and various events. It was praised for its beautiful aesthetics and design and overall experience being a pleasant one but that wasn't enough to save it. Considered Capcom's lowest selling game of recent memory but it got a psuedo-sequel, Okami in MvC3, and a HD re-release.

Wonderful 101..........Pikmin meets Viewtiful Joe mixed with that current PG flare (QTEs AND OVER THE TOP CINEMATICS/SET PIECES GALORE).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Alright I'll sum it.

Viewtiful Joe, a Gotchaman or Super Sentai parody/cartoon that is literally about a spandex wearing average joe (his name as well) turned into a hero and fights evil in a.....movie screen and everything happens like its a movie. Some fourth wall breaking and cheesy superhero Saturday morning cartoon plot elements later its a beat em up like Streets of Rage but in 3D....or 2.5D.

Okami, a Zelda esque adventure game but with a slightly better combat system about Japanese mythology told through the aesthetics of a Japanese Sunday Morning cartoon. It is loaded with Japanese mythology and references through its characters and various events. It was praised for its beautiful aesthetics and design and overall experience being a pleasant one but that wasn't enough to save it. Considered Capcom's lowest selling game of recent memory but it got a psuedo-sequel, Okami in MvC3, and a HD re-release.

Wonderful 101..........Pikmin meets Viewtiful Joe mixed with that current PG flare (QTEs AND OVER THE TOP CINEMATICS/SET PIECES GALORE).

so i guess it'll be something lighthearted with references to mythology then.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC5 if kamiya does it

Well there is one thing you can expect.

Innuendos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
images

ALL OF BAYONETTA

and hyper active cheesy Saturday morning cartoon jokes (just play any Kamiya game outside Bayonetta and you'll see)

Then there is constant boss re-encounters. You thought DMC1 (as well as DMC4) and Bayonetta was bad pfffttt Okami dominates in that department and Viewtiful Joe was no slouch. Capcom were the pioneers in boss re-matches starting with MegaMan but Kamiya games really takes the cake.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I come back here to see my thread going all off-topic...
Bayonetta, MGS/MGR...

What the hell is this? This is why I don't come here so often like I used to!

BTW, nice change of theme here... :)

Top Bottom