• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is Dante getting old?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm actually the opposite. I really want Kamiya to come back. Not a fan of Itsuno, sadly.
I mean, gameplay wise i'd love for Kamiya to come back and fix the Style switching but on the other hand i would hate to see DMC becoming more like bayonetta in terms of tone&story.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm actually the opposite. I really want Kamiya to come back. Not a fan of Itsuno, sadly.
I mean, gameplay wise i'd love for Kamiya to come back and fix the Style switching but on the other hand i would hate to see DMC becoming more like bayonetta in terms of tone&story.

Well, personally, I don't know about either of them by themselves. In an ideal situation I'd want Kamiya's gameplay but Shinji Mikami's tone and atmosphere. That's what I've always advocated for my ideal sequel to DMC.

Aisen66

is because dante eats too much vodoo pizza he doesnt care if is poisoned he loves the taste of goat,s blood on a strawberry milkshake

Goldsickle

I'm thinking that when Dante's human body gets too old and unable to support him, that's when his demon side takes over and he will be constantly in Devil Trigger all the time and only sometimes reverts to human form, which is a reverse how things has always been.

Dio Brando

when dante is in his demon form he is immortal when it comes to age meaning he wont get older but dante chooses to not live like a devil thats why hes getting older

bonanakid

Heyo, this might be a little late, but even if Dante is getting old, he is aging like fine wine. I also agree with the above statements about having this age thing as a drawback for being a mixed blood. It's a good way to show some humanity especially when it comes to the half-blooded characters (ehem ehem Vergil, take notes yes).

BlackAngel

I was wondering about that, too. Since he's a half-demon, he could've aged a whole lot slower for like thousands of years, at least.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I was wondering about that, too. Since he's a half-demon, he could've aged a whole lot slower for like thousands of years, at least.
According to Kamiya (and there's nothing since the first game to dispute this) Dante ages in human form but not in his demon form. Basically he ages because he chooses to live as a man.

Top Bottom