• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you buy a Next Gen DMC3?

Would you buy a next gen DMC3?

• Total voters

Frazz

General gamer
With Capcom stating that they want to re-release various games from their past I was wondering if a DMC3 Next Gen is on the cards and if so would you buy it? I would because I'm a sucker for all things DMC related! Also what would you like to see in a PS4/X1 version? I'd love to have the style switching of DMC4 added and have Dante carry 3 weapons on him at a time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If they improved on it and added some stuff to both characters and implemented the style switching to the d pad then yes I would give my left arm for it

however it if was just a slight update I wouldn't as I already have the hd collection

Frazz

General gamer
Oh snap, that's right, they would absolutely have to implement Style Switcher, and tweak the enemies to fit the style switching.
That's what I meant in my original post as I think it would make the game much more dynamic! I would imagine that quicksilver and doppelgänger could be inputs like darkslayer in DMC4 where you press the d-pad twice to access them. If they added darkslayer to DMC3 with the DMC4 Dante yamato moves then that would be cool! I would rather Capcom make DMC5 but if they want to remake DMC3 then they should make these style improvements.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I already have the PS2 version, the HD collection and the PC version so not really, unless there were actual additions to the game. Style Switching would be a must, some Vergil improvements would be nice to see, Hell and Hell and maybe a new boss?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Would gladly get it as I have personally for PC DMC 3 SE, but if next-gen one got new addons and some improvements, would again play it and buy :)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
99% of the reason I hate DMC3 is because of how poorly it's aged and how fiercely it clung to clunky mechanics and primitive game design. If Capcom were to remake the entire game in the MT Framework engine---with DMC4's fluid controls and camera---I'd definitely be willing to give the game another chance.

I'm well aware that there's no fixing the story at this point, but as long as the game was fun, I wouldn't care. I could always just mute my TV.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Would gladly get it as I have personally for PC DMC 3 SE

Oh that's another thing. If the game was to be rereleased again, for the love of GOD, make a functional goddamn PC version. No audio file murdering performance BS, an actual range of graphical options, native support for modern gamepads and keyboard and mouse controls.
I got a feeling that to achieve all that, they'd need to screw Ubisoft and do it themselves.

Sometimes when I think about it, I still get upset today... the best DMC is the one with the worst PC version. And not even just in the franchise. It's one of the worst PC ports ever made.

Oh, and how about releasing a modding tool on PC, Capcom? Should be about time you start thinking about that, eh? You know, helping people to create awesome mods like Style Switcher?

Besides, if they actually DID implement that mode into the game "natively" and allow Dante to carry 6 weapons at once, its combat depth would potentially be even superior to DMC4, thanks to the fact that DMC3 Styles are more buffed than DMC4's and Dante's got more weapons to choose from.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It could work well especially if they did it with 4's mechanics and style switching and then added nero as a playable character and allow him to fight vergil in mission 20

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
You mean like a Special Edition of a Special Edition? We'll call it DMC 3: Ultimate Edition

I prefer the Ultra DMC3: Ultimate Special Dante-finitve Edition

@Foxtrot94
I'd say that just using the style switcher and letting you carry 3 guns and weapons at once would give it more depth than DMC4. Aside from that, wouldn't having 6 weapons at once be super annoying to cycle through?

Dev's tools for mods would be nice.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Double tap right d pad for quicksilver and double tap left d pad for doppleganger and then keep the normal one taps for the regular four styles like dmc4 , then have your three devil arms and your three guns and it is perfect just speed it up a small bit more and amp up the aggression , and one last thing give it LDK mode and missions for lady for her side of the story climbing teminigru

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Double tap right d pad for quicksilver and double tap left d pad for doppleganger and then keep the normal one taps for the regular four styles like dmc4 , then have your three devil arms and your three guns and it is perfect just speed it up a small bit more and amp up the aggression , and one last thing give it LDK mode and missions for lady for her side of the story climbing teminigru

I think Vergil going through Temen-ni-gru would be more interesting. We could have Dante as a boss and we could see how he caught up to Dante after falling somewhere when Arkham activated the tower.

Top Bottom