• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you buy a Next Gen DMC3?

Would you buy a next gen DMC3?

• Total voters

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
IF they improved the graphics
I haven't bought a Next Gen Remaster and I never will.
Also xMobilemux, The problem with a lot of "next gen remasters" is they are rereleasing games that JUST got released on the 360 and PS3 like two or three years ago. The best thing to do with remasters rather than making the game into a cash cow, and upping the FPS cap, is take games, that were a massive hit, 6-10 years ago and completely reboot them into a suitable modern game.

But then again that is just me, you know?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The best thing to do with remasters rather than making the game into a cash cow, and upping the FPS cap, is take games, that were a massive hit, 6-10 years ago and completely reboot them into a suitable modern game.
The last time they did that we got the generic turds known as Tomb Raider and Thief, I'm not looking forward to any modern reboots of classic franchises.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
The last time they did that we got the generic turds known as Tomb Raider and Thief, I'm not looking forward to any modern reboots of classic franchises.

I am not talking about reboots, I am talking about what they did with Halo Anniversary

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I am not talking about reboots, I am talking about what they did with Halo Anniversary
The only reason they did that with Halo is because it's a massive franchise that every moron with an Xbox will buy, something small and forgettable like Devil May Cry isn't going to get a graphics overhaul.

I'd love more than anything to see Tomb Raider 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and even DMC3 get a graphical update ONLY, but that's not going to happen because it'll cost money that they won't make back and it's pretty much a guarantee that they'll be f***** up with modern gameplay and they'll suck.

I'd rather have backwards compatibility and no remasters PERIOD.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, I wouldn't even mind if you could only switch between two styles, but as great as 3 is, one style is really cromping my... playthrough.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
..Yes yes I would. What can I say, it's my favorite game. That being said, I would at-least want some touch ups to the visuals.

berto

I Saw the Devil
and the lack of effort to make menus widescreen was rather disappointing :/
The menus would have to be remade from scratch since the game since I'm guessing they are stills that are 3:4. The ones in DMC1 are probably a loop video whose source is no longer there. Remaking them would not be considered an upscale but rather a rework since I'd wager that legally making new material rather than editing the original is not upscaling but reworking. The studio that upgraded the games probably didn't want to attempt to remake the menus or maybe they didn't have permission. It might've been a different story if Capcom themselves did it but even then the RE HD remake didn't get their menus readjusted either, and that's Capcom's flagship.

My biggest issue with the menus are the ones in DMC1 and it's because of all the little things they screwed up, like how the guns sound off, how the DT runes don't disappear when you are viewing an item.

Top Bottom