• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on bringing Lucia back in DMC6

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Lucia deserves the same treatment Nero got. Update the Amulet System or a new system?

lucia_by_doylesyu_dcpla3q-pre.jpg

to-hsu-luciadt.jpg

Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRRR00

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Outside of a remake you could invent a reason for the others to visit Dumary islands or vice versa she could take a job outside.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Considering how both Trish and Lady have been nothing but glorified cameos in their own games I'd rather not. It's either all or nothing and every single game just adds more characters and it's getting too crowded with every subsequent game.

It used to be the James Bond thing. New game, different girl. But then DMC3 got popular and people wanted to see what happened to Lady and that lead to having Trish around again and now it's twice in a row.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
While their significance in the story is pretty much meaningless, I think it would still be cool to have them be playable. It adds tons of replay value to the game to have more than one playable character, on top of the difficulties shuffling enemies around.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wouldn't mind, but only if she plays an actual role and has something of a character arc.

The worst thing would be to do would be how DMC5 treated Trish and Lady.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'd like it better if they didn't like each other. Bickering women are funnier than women be shoppin'. Catfights over nothing would be gold.
You could always make them rivals or something. My suggestion was for them to be the stars, they don't have to get along completely.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe have her back as a DLC, or to play through the campaign in the same missions again

But from a story perspective her arc is over, she wouldn't have much to contribute to the story now

She isn't in the same league as dante nero and vergil

She is like lady and trish, the b team

I would like her back as a cameo and for gameplay purposes, but that's it

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Bickering women are funnier than women be shoppin'. Catfights over nothing would be gold.

Being a female myself, having to deal too much with an overly-dramatic attention wh%re lately, and on behalf of every single girl who spent their childhood playing war with the boys and solving disputes with real violence rather than screaming and scratching Barbie's face with the tips of their fancy nails, I would like to say

giphy.gif

Unless the game would be a "Make them suffer in the most ridiculous ways you can ever imagine just to laugh at the female nonsense" simulator.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd be open to a Lucia based dlc in the future. I don't know if she should come back full time but checking in every now again is fine.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
"Make them suffer in the most ridiculous ways you can ever imagine just to laugh at the female nonsense" simulator.
It's not as though I'm suggesting a Battle Royale/Saw situation, just a bit of comedic rivalry. These characters don't have much going for them now, they barely pass a glorified cameos, and having them get along is just going to turn the whole ordeal and any interaction they have into a snore fest. Adding rivalry, friction or a bit of drama is only going to keep them from getting boring. More Bride Wars less Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd give her a new system because i forgot how the amulets work.

They change elements right?

You could keep the amulets and still give her something else.

3 elemental amulets
3 movement amulets
3 passive buff amulets

Electro, Flame and Frost Hearts for elements
Quick, Flying and Aqua Hearts for movement
Healing, Offense and Chrono Hearts for passive buffs

Honestly, with that kind of kit, it'd be interesting to see, say, swapping elements on the fly and giving her the option of doing more damage or healing faster in DT, or slowing down time, along with the ability to fly a la Air Raid. Like, she wouldn't have separate weapons, but she'd have different movesets for each element, kind of like an expanded version of King Cerberus.

windleopard

Considering how both Trish and Lady have been nothing but glorified cameos in their own games I'd rather not. It's either all or nothing and every single game just adds more characters and it's getting too crowded with every subsequent game.

It used to be the James Bond thing. New game, different girl. But then DMC3 got popular and people wanted to see what happened to Lady and that lead to having Trish around again and now it's twice in a row.

Crowded? The last game had three main playable characters and four supporting NPCs (five if you count Kyrie who wasn't even on screen). The Devil May Cry cast is nowhere near as large as the ones from franchises like Resident Evil or Metal Gear even if you leave out characters that only appeared for one game.

It's not as though I'm suggesting a Battle Royale/Saw situation, just a bit of comedic rivalry. These characters don't have much going for them now, they barely pass a glorified cameos, and having them get along is just going to turn the whole ordeal and any interaction they have into a snore fest. Adding rivalry, friction or a bit of drama is only going to keep them from getting boring. More Bride Wars less Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

Characters getting along is not inherently boring. And really what reason is there for them to have a rivalry? Vergil and Dante have one due to being on opposite sides of the good and evil spectrum and issues from their childhood and Nero's conflict with Dante in 4 was due to him not knowing who Dante was and what side he was on.

Characters getting along is not boring.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Crowded? The last game had three main playable characters
That's already two too many. The more characters you play as the less the lead actually gets. There is not need for 3 or 5 or so on playable characters. 1 Should've been enough, 2 is pushing it, 3 is a crowd.

and four supporting NPCs (five if you count Kyrie who wasn't even on screen).
Of which we could've gotten rid of most and nobody would've been the wiser. Remove Trish and Lady and the story wouldn't be any different and Morrison hardly contributed to squad. Nico is the only one that has any excuse to be there so she can make arms but the rest of the didn't do anything that was so critical that they had to be there. Make the Artemis and Cavalier plain bosses and what's left for them?

The Devil May Cry cast is nowhere near as large as the ones from franchises like Resident Evil or Metal Gear even if you leave out characters that only appeared for one game.
DMC5 is nowhere nearly as large as RE6 was, nor any MG game, to accommodate any large cast and any other RE game at least had the cast contribute in some way, be it to just bite the bullet. These forced cameos offer nothing beyond fan service and they cheapen the characters. Both Trish and Lady were these iconic figures in their respective games and made legitimate impact on the story but there is nothing left of those traits, they have all but nothing to do here and they deserved better than a glorified cameo.

Characters getting along is not inherently boring.
Inherently and intrinsically, no, but this is them getting along and it's nothing. At lease with a bit of friction it adds adrenaline to the situation and it is a definite step up from them just being there, which is what we have now. There is nothing wrong with a rivalry, either. Some characters have become iconic because of their rivalry.

And really what reason is there for them to have a rivalry?
Pick one. Anything would be fine. Work, a fight for the office, a trinket, a philosophical difference of opinion.

Characters getting along is not boring.
Welp, here it's not doing them any favors and it's boring.

Top Bottom