• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Blade8513

@Judge @DragonMaster2010 : Lol I should have checked back in sooner, I ended up starting DE first, ill be forever finishing the HD Collection since I put it down in the middle of DMC1 and even that game where I left off is leagues harder than DmC so I decided I would go ahead and knock out the DE then jump back into the HD Collection since its going to take me forever to finish the first 3 games lol

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Judge @DragonMaster2010 : Lol I should have checked back in sooner, I ended up starting DE first, ill be forever finishing the HD Collection since I put it down in the middle of DMC1 and even that game where I left off is leagues harder than DmC so I decided I would go ahead and knock out the DE then jump back into the HD Collection since its going to take me forever to finish the first 3 games lol
Or, you can just swap back and forth like I do. Playing both DmC and the older titles like I do.

Blade8513

Or, you can just swap back and forth like I do. Playing both
DmC and the older titles like I do.

I would if I had the skills lol see DmC was the first game in the series I actually played when it came out, and then I got the HD collection and DMC1 straight kicked my ass lol I might do better if I just stick to one at a time until I improve :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I would if I had the skills lol see DmC was the first game in the series I actually played when it came out, and then I got the HD collection and DMC1 straight kicked my ass lol I might do better if I just stick to one at a time until I improve :)
The HD Collection isn't bad, but they changed things. DMC 1 is generally a bit easier than its PS2 original.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I actually just bought the HD collection. It was on discount on PS3 and I thought well, I guess I said I'd play them sooner or later. I actually want to start with the 2nd one, just to see what all the fuss is about. But then again, someone here mentioned his favorite Dante was in DMC1. But then again, DMC3. Ah, I'll just start it up when I can and see what happens.

I want to upload all boss fights of DE on GMD on YouTube, but I refuse to do so without a proper capture card. I've been uploading in 30fps 720p and that's just... no.

Judge

I actually just bought the HD collection. It was on discount on PS3 and I thought well, I guess I said I'd play them sooner or later. I actually want to start with the 2nd one, just to see what all the fuss is about. But then again, someone here mentioned his favorite Dante was in DMC1. But then again, DMC3. Ah, I'll just start it up when I can and see what happens.

I want to upload all boss fights of DE on GMD on YouTube, but I refuse to do so without a proper capture card. I've been uploading in 30fps 720p and that's just... no.

I would play 1 to 3 in that order. DMC1 is my faviourite of the old games, but the combat is not as proficent as DMC3, so you'll be disapointed if you start with DMC3 and end with DMC1. You won't enjoy DMC1's combat as much.

DMC1 is awesome though. The atmosphere is what sets it appart from the others imo. Dante is awesome in that game as well.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I would play 1 to 3 in that order. DMC1 is my faviourite of the old games, but the combat is not as proficent as DMC3, so you'll be disapointed if you start with DMC3 and end with DMC1. You won't enjoy DMC1's combat as much.

DMC1 is awesome though. The atmosphere is what sets it appart from the others imo. Dante is awesome in that game as well.

Really? I did start with 3 since I'd like to play it in the right order. But I think I should be fine if I 'lower' my standards in terms of gameplay. I think I might like DMC1 regardless.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I mean, I quite like the old DMC games. But the camera angles man...
DMC1's camera was pretty hard to get used to, but because of the simplistic nature of the combat (and exploitive nature of the bosses), I never found it to be that much of the problem...especially with the significant role your firearms played.

DMC3, on the other hand...SIGH...
You'd think that a faster and a more demanding combat system would mean acquiring a better camera...but, no. Same obnoxious RE camera angles, made all the more nauseous by how fast Dante moves, causing it to swerve and jive like the camera-man's a drunken swine.
welcome to the early 2000's.
...unless your name's Ninja Gaiden.

Judge

True the camera was pretty shocking for the previous games. Offscreen deaths from enemies was annoying, yet like another person said, DMC1's simplistic nature made that tollerable.

Something else I'm giving up on. Gods Must Die mode, I simply don't have the patience to Parry enemies anymore, I'm going to go through as Super Dante, just don't have the patience to do it properly now.

8BitHero

Scrub
True the camera was pretty shocking for the previous games. Offscreen deaths from enemies was annoying, yet like another person said, DMC1's simplistic nature made that tollerable.

Something else I'm giving up on. Gods Must Die mode, I simply don't have the patience to Parry enemies anymore, I'm going to go through as Super Dante, just don't have the patience to do it properly now.
On the topic of the camera, I'd like to see the camera zoom adjustable in DmC. Being able to see a bit more of the screen would be very handy.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
VGchartz (take it with a grain of salt, folks.) updated for DmC launch week in US.

1 3DS The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D 25,486
2 3DS
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 21,638
3 PS4
Grand Theft Auto V 20,615
4 PS4 DmC: Definitive Edition 19,226
5 XOne Assassin's Creed: Unity 18,415
6 3DS
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. 18,268
7 XOne
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 18,248
8 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS 17,238
9 PS4
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 17,215
10 XOne
Grand Theft Auto V 16,908

So yeah, at least double the total sold in Europe in for PS4 alone. Hoping XOne version sold 7-10K.
Not a shabby start, DmC: DE's best chance at a great lifetime total is consistency, so here's hoping for a solid year-round progression.

I'll reserve making a thread of sales until NPD or Official Word from Capcom.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Another VGChartz update:
76K physical sold in the first week. At least 100K physical total sold by the second week.

(As of March 21st)

PS4 Total Units
North America: 0.03m 38.1%
+ Europe: 0.03m 41.8%
+ Rest of the World: 0.01m 20.1%
= Global 0.07m

XONE Total Units
North America: 0.02m 60.8%
+ Europe: 0.01m 33.9%
+ Rest of the World: 0.00m 5.3%
= Global 0.03m

(I'm assuming that @sssensational was solely responsible for 1/3th of Europe sales.)

Glad to know (despite initial sales impressions of selling under 10K in Europe) it was able to hit these numbers. Hopefully these are the numbers that Capcom (and DE's allotted budget) set out for.

The past few months has had my DMC hype at an all time high, pretty much this:
H02Ma1J.gif

But with this news and Vergil's gameplay...
s3ou1t.gif

Year of DMC indeed!!!

Last edited:

Judge

Vgchartz don't always get sales right, so it could be higher than that. That also dosen't account for digital sales which might have done okay.

Top Bottom