• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you guys want in Devil may Cry 6

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
5 does try to tie the various stories together. I'm hoping 6 does a better job.

A crossover with the upcoming animated series would also be cool. It's supposed to run for 5 seasons and more likely to come out before 6.

I thought it was a mistake to not have 4 and the anime not tie together so this could be another shot.

right now the animated series seems to be another reboot. So maybe a DLC that's a multiverse story could be fun.

Last edited:

Taramafor

A flashback with Virgil when he was still with Nero's mother. Which in turn can lead to Nero making a big entrance halfway through the game. Where he's more improved then ever. It will get the player to see Virgil's softer side.

Dante being called out more. He's a bad listener and murders people when he's judgemental. Nero can sort him out there. Virgil too. The stage is already set for it in some ways. That Dante vs Lady cutscene in DMC3 is still one of my fav moments. He's not as bad in 5, but he's got room to improve too.

The focus would be on Dante and Virgil for the first half of the game (picking up from where 5 leaves off). Then it shifts more to Virgil for the past memories. Just for a bit. Then it shifts to Nero. Work in whatever plot is needed for Nero's mother and Sparda making a comeback. Involving whatever big threat there is. The player would have to fight Sparda first of course. But then something bigger comes along. Something that is a threat in a more subtle and sinister way. Much like how Legacy of Kain games do it.

I get the feeling Virgil's been planning something big. To face some bigger threat. Bigger then Mundus. The next game might raise the stakes. It's possible Virgil was sacrificing everything to face whatever it is.

The tree leads to hell. Legit. Vikings/norse would call it Yggdrasil. Which means Dante and Virgil are going to hell. Perhaps the heart of hell. That sets things up for a grand showdown.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I was thinking about how to involve the girls a bit more, and figured that you could potentially solve a few problems by introducing a character like Phaser Ryugu into DMC6.

For those of you who aren't into children's card games, Phaser is a human who absolutely hates aliens (in a G-rated form of racism kind of way) and both founded and commands the MIK (a parody of the Men in Black) which is dedicated to monitoring and countering the aliens who have infiltrated Japan and are posing as humans.

Considering the monumental shift in setting during the events of DMC5 whereby the apocalypse basically happened and humanity became irreversibly aware of the existence of demons, it makes total sense that every country would dedicate resources to creating an anti-demon force. You then introduce the face of this anti-demon organisation through a Government Demon Slayer who acts as a foil to Lady in that this person lost family members to demons and has an intense prejudice to anyone loosely affiliated with demons. Therefore he naturally targets Trish and is interested in capturing Nero because of his demonic heritage.

How this character ends up could go a variety of different ways, but I would be most interested in seeing him challenge Trish philosophically on some of the conventions in the franchise, like what is the line of logic that permits her to freely hunt and kill demons (as we see her do in DMC4) when she herself is one. Ultimately I think it would be preferable for such a character to resist becoming a straight up hero through redemption, considering the sheer threat that demons have been shown to pose, he should either die an antagonist or learn to tolerate the heroes' existence as a necessary evil but will hunt them down if they put a toe out of line.

This was a bit of a ramble, but I think it goes to show that despite DMC5 feeling like it could have ended the series, there's still paths open if you think of interesting ways to connect the dots.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking about how to involve the girls a bit more, and figured that you could potentially solve a few problems by introducing a character like Phaser Ryugu into DMC6.

For those of you who aren't into children's card games, Phaser is a human who absolutely hates aliens (in a G-rated form of racism kind of way) and both founded and commands the MIK (a parody of the Men in Black) which is dedicated to monitoring and countering the aliens who have infiltrated Japan and are posing as humans.

Considering the monumental shift in setting during the events of DMC5 whereby the apocalypse basically happened and humanity became irreversibly aware of the existence of demons, it makes total sense that every country would dedicate resources to creating an anti-demon force. You then introduce the face of this anti-demon organisation through a Government Demon Slayer who acts as a foil to Lady in that this person lost family members to demons and has an intense prejudice to anyone loosely affiliated with demons. Therefore he naturally targets Trish and is interested in capturing Nero because of his demonic heritage.

How this character ends up could go a variety of different ways, but I would be most interested in seeing him challenge Trish philosophically on some of the conventions in the franchise, like what is the line of logic that permits her to freely hunt and kill demons (as we see her do in DMC4) when she herself is one. Ultimately I think it would be preferable for such a character to resist becoming a straight up hero through redemption, considering the sheer threat that demons have been shown to pose, he should either die an antagonist or learn to tolerate the heroes' existence as a necessary evil but will hunt them down if they put a toe out of line.

This was a bit of a ramble, but I think it goes to show that despite DMC5 feeling like it could have ended the series, there's still paths open if you think of interesting ways to connect the dots.
It's a good idea for a secondary antagonist.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's a good secondary antagonist.
Yes, I should clarify that when I called him an "antagonist" I did mean in the form that Lady (for maximum foil potential) takes throughout DMC3 where she is a reoccurring nuisance to Dante rather than a world ending threat like Arkham raising the Temnen-Ni-Gru is.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yes, I should clarify that when I called him an "antagonist" I did mean in the form that Lady (for maximum foil potential) takes throughout DMC3 where she is a reoccurring nuisance to Dante rather than a world ending threat like Arkham raising the Temnen-Ni-Gru is.
I got that impression. No worries.

Taramafor

Considering the monumental shift in setting during the events of DMC5 whereby the apocalypse basically happened and humanity became irreversibly aware of the existence of demons, it makes total sense that every country would dedicate resources to creating an anti-demon force.
Didn't that already happen in DMC3 though? It's a big freaking tower. With demons pouring out. One doesn't just not notice that. If there was ever a time to start having a anti demon force it's then.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Didn't that already happen in DMC3 though? It's a big freaking tower. With demons pouring out. One doesn't just not notice that. If there was ever a time to start having a anti demon force it's then.
You might think so, but clearly not as even years later during the events of DMC4 you still need a secret password when calling Dante's shop so he knows it's a job involving real demons. :unsure:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All civillians were gone, likely evacuated when the tower rose. Lady dante vergil and arkham were the only humanoid beings in the whole game.

Taramafor

All civillians were gone, likely evacuated when the tower rose. Lady dante vergil and arkham were the only humanoid beings in the whole game.
Yea, but... Can we play as a dragon?

I really like dragons ok. I'm actually being one in a hell sim on Second Life actually. And they do get worked into D&D and hell. So I can see it working with DMC.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well if you like dragons you can use one in the mundus fight in DMC1

Also nothing to stop you submitting it as an idea to the dmc devs

Top Bottom