• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you guys want in Devil may Cry 6

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
His silhouette and text would do, there is no info other than he rebelled and had sons and then died.

So backstory on his time as a demon, and the years before he disappeared and the boys went different paths would be cool.I would even go a step further and show mundus before the fruit, maybe taking over from argosax etc.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I kinda like the idea of Eva or Sparda coming back as antagonist in a future game.

DMC reunion- a reborn Eva leads a faction of angels fighting against humans and demons alike.

Taken from My rewrite of the reboot-

"I'd probably rewrite the reboot to be a canonical entry called DMC Reunion.

Dante's son Tristan was kidnapped when he was 12. Dante finds him 5 years later in Limbo City.

Tristan is a criminal secretly working to overthrow the demon that rules the city. The demon bad guy was Mundus's court magician trying to use Limbo City's human population for his ascension to Mundus's spot. Dante's victory over Mundus back in the first game caused an upheaval in the Underworld.

There is another faction with angelic powers working but there is skepticism about their origins. One of their leaders looks and acts like Eva."

It's not a retcon as Eva was originally human and died. She was recruited by angels after death.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
At this point, given the sheer scope of the demon invasion, I think DMC6 should just go full El Shaddai and have the Watchers descend to take over the Earth and Nero has to defeat them to stop divine wrath from just nuking humanity from the face of the planet. ;)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Bring back flight properly, maybe in a boss fight

That part in the mundus fight is epic, and by now dante and vergil should both be easily able to do the same as the sparda dt in their sin devil trigger.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Berto's comment in the other thread made me think of Nero as an antihero. So having a character more like Sho from Persona Arena would be great. I would've had Nero go through a stronger character arc so this is a way to do that here.

Sho had ties to Strega a villianous group of teenagers from Persona 3. So i'd bring in a group like that as well too. Nero never had no real interest in the order but having a character turned back on their friends for a greater good would be my pitch.

I call it "children of the qlipoth" as they were orphaned during the Qlipoth attack.

Another comparison is Denji from Chainsaw man.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anything for DMC6 to have the theme of "Number of the Beast - 666"!

Nero vs a former knight of the Order of the Sword who's like Alexander from Hellsing & Guts from Berserk.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
The rival for Nero will be named "Caligula" or "Cali" for short like the Hindu goddess Kali.

A former Holy Knight of the Order of the Sword turned mercernary after being banished by Credo for trying to assassinate/murder Nero in psychopath & sociopath blood due to discovering his secret of being a demon, as well as envy towards him in Kyrie's attention. He was infatuated for Kyrie and tries many times to court her, but Credo always pushes him away. Thrown out into the streets, he watches the events happening in DMC4, where Sanctus unleashes the Savior until Nero uses his Devil Bringer to crush them both.

Leaving Fortuna, he decides to go into a scientific approach when fighting demons in order to prove humanity's superiority over them. In secret, he watches events going on in Red Grave City, watching Nero, Dante & V, while forming his own group of demon hunters & huntresses as a cult to exterminate all demons on the planet.

He would have no interest in the Ascension Ceremony the Order had used.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I am hyper biased as I've been going through Dark Souls again, but I would not be opposed to humanity not automatically respawning in after the Qlit tree seemingly wiped out a large chunk of society and so DMC6 being semi-post apocalyptic might be cool to explore, as well as Vergil's actions actually having consequences for once.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I pitched Dante having a son named Tristan.

I'd want him to look like this fanart of Yozora from KH. Someone did fanart of Yozora as a Machinist from FF14

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I actually would be down for soldiers and human devil hunters attacking the player now demons are exposed, and having non lethal movesets and weapons to knock them out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I actually would be down for soldiers and human devil hunters attacking the player now demons are exposed, and having non lethal movesets and weapons to knock them out.
You could retool Royalguard around subduing opponents non-lethally. So you could have optional objectives around capturing demons for experiments or subduing a human opponent.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya royal guard could work, or blunt devil arms, but they would still have to use a tiny fraction of their strength too or risk turning humans into paste lol.

Ethan Tangent

I want nero and Dante to confront each other and even though we ain't getting a alastor back goddamn I love that sword and it's just wishful thinking

Top Bottom