• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2010 - 2013.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wasn't that's for sure. I thought they had killed Dante, wondered what they were thinking doing this and really hated it.

But when it came to the trailer of Dante flying through the air naked with pizza and that hunter demon, I began to think this was Devil may cry and started to really like it.

purpleapples

if by alright, you mean with the new game, then yes, yes i was admittenly i wasnt ecstatic about it being a reboot however i still thought it looked interesting and having played all the others(and loving them) i was definitely giving it a go, now having played it and the dlc i can say I REGRET NOTHING (if i made any mistakes with grammar or spelling i did this on the xbox which is surprisingly annoying)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Who was actually alright when they first showed the trailer in 2010?

First reaction:

ooooo

[learns more about Devil May Cry from friend]

[later]

...wtf? WTF!?

I really did hate for a while, until I got into Enslaved, then my hate just faded. But yeah, that debut traile wasn't good, at least on the character design for Dante. I'm glad they didn't make him look so skinny and ill like he was back then, it was terrible when you compared that one to the classics.

EllDawn

I really wasn't sure of what to think when I saw the first trailer. Then I didn't really like it, but decided I'd give it a chance. That changed when I saw the second trailer and I kind of warmed up to the idea of there being a reboot, and let myself adjust to the new Dante.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The action looked pretty cool and the idea behind it seemed like they were taking it in darker direction. When I saw Dante I was like "the hell?" And I started cracking a few jokes about his junkie looking appearance. I didn't really have a major issue with it. I mean, it was just a teaser so I was like hmm, let's just see how this works out. While everyone else was complaining about hair.

Seeing it was a Devil May Cry had my reaction more or less like this.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I was ****ed, really ****ed, but ten I got over it, and thought, well something is better than nothing. I may have accepted this dante but that doesnt mean Im too fond of him. Whom I didnt like and still dont is vergil.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I was a bit skeptical and little depressed that they planned on taking the DMC series in a new direction. But I was never exactly hateful of it, I just wasn't sure and didn't like the look of it. But when they started releasing more game-play videos and Dante's face started to change for the better, I opened up more and more to this being a unique and enjoyable Devil May Cry game.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Honestly, at first I was shocked and hated it. I thought they were destroying what DMC was.
I even refused to buy it at first, but then one magic day I noticed a small detail (if I tell you what it was, you'll laugh at me, and I'll never hear the end of it), it got my attention and decided to give it a chance. I looked for some footage on Youtube, and by chance I found the infamous "bigger d!ck" scene. I laughed my a$$ off and decided to watch all the cutscenes, though I was still skeptical.
I had to admit that I liked the environment design, and that I had just fell in love with the new Vergil, so in the end I HAD to buy the game. I loved it ever since.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Honestly, at first I was shocked and hated it. I thought they were destroying what DMC was.
I even refused to buy it at first, but then one magic day I noticed a small detail (if I tell you what it was, you'll laugh at me, and I'll never hear the end of it), it got my attention and decided to give it a chance. I looked for some footage on Youtube, and by chance I found the infamous "bigger d!ck" scene. I laughed my a$$ off and decided to watch all the cutscenes, though I was still skeptical.
I had to admit that I liked the environment design, and that I had just fell in love with the new Vergil, so in the end I HAD to buy the game. I loved it ever since.
what was the small detail? tell me OR.ILL.NEVER.SLEEP. @.@

Top Bottom