• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A rival for Nero next game?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any thoughts of Nero having a rival of his own next game? How would you picture it since Dante & Vergil.

My thoughts would be a new Devil Hunter who's prejudice to demons & hybrids. Imagine him with a sword in the style of a chainsaw. In styles of Deathstroke, Punisher & Ash Williams.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A demon-human hybrid that was raised in Hell and fights to prove himself to his demonic brethren, thus making him an obvious foil for Nero.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Something new, that doesn't came from the underworld, an entithy so powerfule that not even dante and vergil can defeat him...
Some mitological entity like death itself or some other kind of things

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone named Weiss ;).

Honestly its should be someone with a sense of humor and wouldn't take Nero seriously (at first).

Nero feels wounded tight and more of a bull in a china shop so having to face someone who could mess around with him is interesting.

That doesn't mean Nero can't joke around etc but compared to Dante he's still a novice.

Meg

Oooo yes I love this idea. A human demon hunter that lumps Nero in with all other demons would be interesting. He could be hunting Nero and show up through out the game. I wouldn't make him the main antagonist though. I'd love to see another main villain that's a super powerful demon. Maybe one that Mundus could only seal away because not even he could kill it. Or Mundus himself could try to make a comeback. Either one would work, but I'd like to see a brand new character as the bad guy instead of another dude Dante already defeated.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Either completely new villain or somebody connected to the church where he grew u. I think Mundus isn't good idea, because it will put Nero back into Dante's Shadow.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The demon gunsmith Machiavelli. I found him interesting and hope he can make an appearance.

His mom is probably a one-note Eva rehash but having her still be alive and Nero unsure if she's trustworthy is an interesting story.

Someone who hunts Nero out of obligation. Having Nero kill his/her father and they decide to hunt Nero out of duty. This could be either human or demon.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since Nero's Red Queen being like a motorcycle...
latest

How about someone wielding a sword that's like a chainsaw?
51HDEd-5QsL._AC_UY700_.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping Nero has a rival as cool as Trafalgar Law from One Piece.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero was suppose to have a Sherlock Holmes vibe. Maybe the rival will have something like that.
V was like that so sure.

You would have to give them a gimmick. Something to make them fun to fight/play as or watch.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Someone who is complete opposite to him personality-wise, so they really get on each other's nerves. Also, I would like to avoid having that rival be villain-by-default; maybe merely someone who wants also to protect humanity but has a completely different approach, which leads to conflict.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Someone who is complete opposite to him personality-wise, so they really get on each other's nerves. Also, I would like to avoid having that rival be villain-by-default; maybe merely someone who wants also to protect humanity but has a completely different approach, which leads to conflict.

Yeah. I imagine someone like Joseph Joestar & Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man. Someone who cheats in his fights & demon hunting prowess. Nero gets upset with that and that he isn't taking it seriously as he does.

Ravenash77

I feel like with Dante and Vergil in hell they would keep anything too big downstairs with them. I wanna see Nero going against an Angel! Imagine an angel that’s been cast out of heaven but never reached he’ll and has been trying to get back for centuries. With Nero’s Devil trigger resembling an Angel he thinks he might be the key.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I feel like with Dante and Vergil in hell they would keep anything too big downstairs with them. I wanna see Nero going against an Angel! Imagine an angel that’s been cast out of heaven but never reached he’ll and has been trying to get back for centuries. With Nero’s Devil trigger resembling an Angel he thinks he might be the key.

Well the problem is no angels, no God, no Jesus - no heaven in DMC according to Itsuno. Which sucks.

Ravenash77

Well the problem is no angels, no God, no Jesus - no heaven in DMC according to Itsuno. Which sucks.
Well if you read manga I’m pretty sure they mentioned that once demons and Angels were the same entity. There is no clarification as to what happened but... the only description of angels in the devil may cry series is that they were beautiful creatures with crystal wings.. sound familiar?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well if you read manga I’m pretty sure they mentioned that once demons and Angels were the same entity. There is no clarification as to what happened but... the only description of angels in the devil may cry series is that they were beautiful creatures with crystal wings.. sound familiar?

thats true

Any other ideas for a rival for Nero? Needs to be someone who’ll take him on in a sword fight. Even a brawl if someone got bionics like Nero once.

Ravenash77

thats true

Any other ideas for a rival for Nero? Needs to be someone who’ll take him on in a sword fight. Even a brawl if someone got bionics like Nero once.
Well I like the idea of Dante’s daughter being his rival. Or at the very least an equal that doesn’t agree with him.

Top Bottom