• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alucard (Hellsing) vs Dante (Original)

Who would win Dante or Alucard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
care to explain?
I'll try the best I can. It's not going to be in depth since its been ages since I've seen the anime, but I believe the primary thing that makes Alucard extremely powerful is his regeneration ability. Granted I know Dante has the same ability but from what remember, Alucard regenerated from being shredded to pieces.

Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure how strong Dante's power is either. He did get shot in the head by lady and shook it off like it was nothing. Hmmm, now I'm not quite sure lol.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I'll try the best I can. It's not going to be in depth since its been ages since I've seen the anime, but I believe the primary thing that makes Alucard extremely powerful is his regeneration ability. Granted I know Dante has the same ability but from what remember, Alucard regenerated from being shredded to pieces.

Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure how strong Dante's power is either. He did get shot in the head by lady and shook it off like it was nothing. Hmmm, now I'm not quite sure lol.

Exactly we cant be sure of dante's regeneration abitlity and honestly regeneration is usualy an ability centred in the brain so easy fix cut off the head, now dante in dmc 1 has just finished his adventures in the tower with vergil he has the quicksilver and doppelganger ability as well as his weapons hes earned from that trip i believe that (in an in game fight) quicksilver agni and rudra and rebellion hed have to dt quite a bit and blast him with E&I a lot not saying this wouldnt be a long drawn out fight but i think hed do okay

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm quite sure that Alucard wins but I unintentionally voted for Dante in the poll. He has much better regen and stamina, also inmortatility and familiars.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I'm quite sure that Alucard wins but I unintentionally voted for Dante in the poll. He has much better regen and stamina, also inmortatility and familiars.

Is that Gyro Zeppeli on your sig?

TerrorA

Yeah, he's one of my favorite JoJo characters. I really wish more people could read the series *sigh*.

I like Giorno or Jolyne but I did love Gyro! Too bad he inherited the Zeppeli curse.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Alucard was defeated by Van Helsing a man.
Dante was never defeated by any human.
Actually Alucard can only be defeated by a human who's as strong as alucard that is what he was expecting from andreson he wanted to die sooo badly.
So i think according to DMC's philosophy and Hellsing's philosophy Dante can defeat Alucard.... but the chances are very slim because of this >
How can Dante defeat this BOSS ? idk he can defeat mundus in hell so its still a game on.
And who says we've seen Dante's full power anyway.
True that in DMC2 with Majin DT he is 2x times stronger than Sparda D so just imagine DMC 2 dante using Sparda DT.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Alucard was defeated by Van Helsing a man.
Dante was never defeated by any human.
This really doesn't matter.
Alucard being immune to sunlight decapitation or being staked through the heart & high regeneration is pointless while spending enternty getting sliced to pieces by Dante.

While Alucard can unleash level 0 he is also most vulnerable in that state & i'm sure it's nothing Dante hasn't dealt with before. I mean hasn't Dante killed Demons of various sizes & abilities from hell dimensions before.......kinda his job.
Are you seriously implying that Alucard can't defend himself? He has centuries of combat experience, shape-shifting, precognition, intangibility and hypersonic speed.
And who says we've seen Dante's full power anyway.
He's still young.

Since you're talking about the unseen Dante full power then we could talk too about Schrondinger Alucard, that has omnipresence and inmortality...

TerrorA

.True that in DMC2 with Majin DT he is 2x times stronger than Sparda D so just imagine DMC 2 dante using Sparda DT.

Would he need it? He's dropping demons of Mundus' power (Argosax the Chaos) and above (the Despair Embodied) without it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Would he need it? He's dropping demons of Mundus' power (Argosax the Chaos) and above (the Despair Embodied) without it.
This is alucard we're talking about :/

Dante never stood a chance against mundus as the inventory itself clearly states that except for Sparda sword every other Devil arm is practically useless so they might as well be useless against Level 0.

The biggest threat Alucard has is that he has almost infinite lives.

TerrorA

This is alucard we're talking

Dante never stood a chance against mundus as the inventory itself clearly states that except for Sparda sword every other Devil arm is practically useless so they might as well be useless against Level 0.

Yeah, DMC1 Dante. By 4, much less 2, (the furthest in the timeline), people were claiming he surpassed Sparda himself.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah, DMC1 Dante. By 4, much less 2, (the furthest in the timeline), people were claiming he surpassed Sparda himself.
Well yeah but still his regular devil arms are pretty much useless against Level 0 only his Rebellion&sparda sword can do serious damage to someone like alucard and Dante doesn't carry any holy weapons either.

In DMC 2 he surpassed sparda but its still not enough to defeat something like Level 0 all Dante has up his sleeve is a Majin trigger + Sparda powers.

EDIT: The problem is that the only version which can defeat Alucard that is DMC 2 Majin/Sparda DT fusion is just theoretical.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I honestly really didn't see anything impressive about Alucard's level 0
A bunch of dead Ghoulies pop out & run about killing humans, it look like World War Z.
I mean seriously what exactly do you think Dante would do in that situation?.
There is no end to Alucard he has infinite lives.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

That's failure.
Schrodinger is poison to Alucard. Once Alucard absorbed Schrodinger (after Schrodinger simply decapicitated himself and willingly allowed Alucard to absorb his soul and powers), Schrodinger's soul was unable to recognize himself because he's mixed with millons of other lives. Because of that, he cannot be omnipresent but rather he becomes nothingness, being present nowhere. And by extension, Alucard is also unable to recognize himself and so he fades away, being eradicated from existence.

Mix with a billion souls & Schrodinger kills himself due to confusion of who's who.

You're forgetting one thing. He came back after 30 years by killing every soul he devoured except one - the Schrodinger's. By killing every soul, he was able to become self-aware and thus coming back into existence. Now, he can't be killed until and unless he is made to believe that he doesn't exist. And this annoys me!!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

LMAO!
That's Schrodinger's biggest weakness.
Get him to doubt he ever exited & he's done LOL.
As intelligent as Dante is he'd convince Schrodinger he never really exited & was a fantasy of his own delusion.

Or throw a jar of ants at him & watch him fade away because he couldn't handle the conscience thoughts lol.

Do you exist, you don't exist, do you exist, you don't exist.
Are you the manifestation of yourself or someone else?
How do you know your not the manifestation of someone else when you never met them ?
How do you know your not just the fantasy of a fantasy of someone you've never met ?
How do you know i'm not Schrodinger & you exist because i let you.

Oh please, ask him enough random stupid questions & he'll disappear faster then the last free cookie at a bake sale.

Oversimplification. Did Alucard know that Schrodinger would be a poison for him? Though my memory is foggy, I don't think he knew which might have been the result of self doubt n stop existing. But the key point is, HE CAME BACK. He killed every soul of his to ADAPT- I'd say- to the poison, Schrodinger. He was shown telling his master that he was now everywhere n nowhere which implies that he perfectly ADAPTED to the poison and knows his new found power.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

He is only immune to Schrodinger & Schrodinger is only immune to Alucard as long as Alucard doesn't absorb a thousand souls.

Why would he do that? He has a soul that can't be killed.

The individual consciousness was too much for Schrodinger to handle & was killing him & since Alucard absorb Schrodinger, Alucard was dying to. NOT DEAD but dying, if they died then they wouldn't exist.
Taken from wiki. Sorry, I found it realy hard to explain without any help.

"He explains that as
long as Schrödinger can recognize himself, he
exists everywhere and nowhere; but because
he is absorbed by Alucard, he became a part
of Alucard and was thus no longer a separate
entity that could recognize itself. Thus,
Alucard, now containing Schrödinger, can no
longer stay in phase with the rest of reality
and is becoming "a set of imaginary numbers",
existing on some level but not in reality.
Integra shouts an order at Alucard not to
disappear, but as his numerous eyes continue
to close, he tells Integra that there is nothing
he can do, and bids her farewell as he closes
his final two eyes. All that is left is a
bloodstained Hellsing pentagram in one of the
cobblestones in the street.
In the final chapter, Alucard re-appears in
Integra's bedroom after a 30 year absence. He
approaches a sleeping Integra and leans
down, apparently with the intention of biting
her. Before he can do so however, Integra
wakes up and unloads a handgun into him,
knocking him to the floor. The commotion
alerts Seras, who kicks open the bedroom door
and turns on the lights. The two women find
themselves staring at Alucard, who is sitting
up against the wall regenerating. Integra, now
as an old woman, asks him to explain what he
was doing this whole time, and he tells her
that he was killing his own lives except for
one so that he could exist with Schrodinger's
powers.

When something fades in oblivion there's nothing left. Schrodinger Alucard didn't get there yet, close but not there.

The vessel is at it's strongest when it's empty
When it's filled then it's flawed, cracked & collapses in on itself.
Alucard was smart enough to empty out the souls before they died.
However Schrodinger mixed with Alucard is still flawed because there's two where there should be one.

Dante doesn't have that problem.
Dante wins.
I didn't get this part. :(

Eh so he technically has one soul left which cannot be killed ?
Yup!

Top Bottom