• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alucard (Hellsing) vs Dante (Original)

Who would win Dante or Alucard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
The problem of this VS is that Alucard at full is omnipotent, omnipresent and omni-somethingelse... While we havent really seen Dante at full.

Both characters are strong, but Alucard is just way too overpowered, he recognizes it, his boss recognizes it, EVEN Random characters recognize it.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

Okay Schrodinger recognises himself an empty vessel, but couldn't recognise himself because of all the souls Alucard absorbed, Alucard a vessel that's full.
Alucard rid himself of those souls so he & Schrodinger wouldn't die, thus emptying the vessel that was full.

Exactly. I apologize if I'm not coming out clearly as I'm not from an English speaking country but as you said, he emptied the vessel to stop Schrodinger's self doubt and thus coming back into this world. You are not considering the fact that ONLY and ONLY Alucard can interact with Schrodinger --supposing they can interact. It's not Schrodinger anymore as a self entity, it's Alucard with Schrodinger's power. It is like Ichigo fighting hollow-ichigo inside his own realm, his mind. Only way to interact with Schrodinger is to get devoured by Alucard and reach his inside realm.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm not sure how powerful dante truley is. i know that allucard is omnipotent adn can pull his body together after it's blown to bits. but if all i've seen of dante is his limit...then i gotta say allucard all the way

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
He is no god.
A higher life form yes but no god.
Yes he can die.
A shred of doubt & he's done.
Completely erased from existence.
IDK what's "God" in your dictionary is but isn't God also an higher form of life anyway ? He can exist anywhere and cannot be killed... well that's pretty close to being God if you ask me considering Original Alucard already had like a seemingly infinite amount of lives.

Hypothetically speaking you still have to create loopholes in logic to seriously make him even die at this point LOL

So Alucard cannot use Level 0 but cannot die either LOL that means he just becomes a punching bag for dante(DMC2).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Alucard omnipresence vs Dante. Alucard Stomps.
Just because he's omnipresent doesn't mean he can overpower Dante.. Integra was stil able to knock Alucard back with her gun so Dante would pretty much figure out a way lure alucard into a trap possibly a demonic one unless we're talking about a caged fight to the death that is.
Alucard pre omnipresence vs Dante. Dante wins.
its 50/50... Lvl 0 is pretty much like Nightmare Boss fight on a bigger scale.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol the level 0 mode is only strong because of the millions of familiars that Vlad tepes summons. But his familiars are nothing special compared to what Dante have battled through out his life time. Except Schrodinger of course.

Also, the level 0's greatest weakness is once Vlad tepes or Alucard is killed while in this mode then that's it. It's GG. I mentioned this many times before and i'm gonna do it again. Dante have far better feats in terms of speed, strength and weaponry than Alucard can ever be. Alucard only stomps in terms of regeneration and is way much harder to kill.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Except Schrodinger of course.
Schrodinger is not a fighter just an absurd plot device.
Also, the level 0's greatest weakness is once Vlad tepes or Alucard is killed while in this mode then that's it
Wait doesn't he have like a million other souls to accommodate for that ? well he tricked walter.
Alucard only stomps in terms of regeneration and is way much harder to kill.
He can only regenerate as long as the souls inside his body don't run out :O AND we all know that nature of DMC games is to kill almost endless enemies :D

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

1. No Alucard emptied the vessel of souls because Schrodinger couldn't recognise himself from the rest of the souls. Schrodinger would've fallen apart if Alucard didn't.

True. When Alucard drank Schrodinger's blood, he got both - his strength and his weakness. It was his weakness that took Alucard 30 years to get himself back and understand Schrodinger's strength.

2. You don't need a million souls to instill doubt.
Self doubt exits in everyone.
This is pure philosophy. Though true, but it has no place in this case.

3. I already assumed them as they are one & so as one Alucard has Schrodinger's weakness.
Basically yeah, they are one. I mean, look at it in this way- Alucard is Alucard with a disease called Schrodinger with its strength and weakness and it took Alucard 30 years to overcome the weakness and exploit its strength.

And that's the loophole in killing them both.

A. An abundance of souls where Schrodinger/Alucard can't separate his consciousness from them. He then dies.

B. Since Alucard rid himself of souls so Schrodinger would survive & they became Schrodinger/Alucard.
Any self doubt & Schrodinger/Alucard ceases to be.
Gone from existence not reality but no trace anywhere as in like they never existed at all.
Any self doubt can literally cause him to unmake himself.

This is what you're just oversimplifying. You are basically saying that in presence of, say a thousand souls, Alucard wouldn't be able to separate himself from them....and this is simply not the case. Had it been so, he would never have come back!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

1st way he can die.
2. It has every bit of a place here.
Anyone can have self doubt, it would be extremely ridiculously impossible for Scrodinder/Alucard to be immune to that. It's like saying he has no thought process. And only takes a moment to question yourself & everything could fall apart.
I don't even know him & i don't who he is lol.

Alucard has to question his existence. It's just not a case self-doubt. Alucard is not a two year old guy who is gonna be puzzled doubting his own existence if he stands besides a mirror. He's not, you know, stupid. He solved the puzzle called Schrodinger n came victorious.

2. He didn't overcome the weakness if he's still vulnerable to it.
He recovered from nearly dying the first time, he's not immune to it.
He overcame the weakness by COMING BACK. Yes, he's not immune to it but it doesn't matter. See, the last line I quoted from wiki a few posts above -- he killed his every soul so he could exist with Schrodinger's power which leads us to.........

2nd way he can die.
3. No i'm saying Scrodinder/Alucard can't allow himself to absorb millions of souls anymore because the Scrodinder part of him couldn't handle the collection of consciousness from millions of individual souls individual thoughts, identities mixing with his.
Alucard would have to rid himself of those souls again to survive.

So Alucard can never absorb millions of souls again otherwise he runs the risk of dying.

^this. The only way he can be killed- by absorbing millions of souls and make the blood of Schrodinger inside him go wild making Alucard disappear again.....and this isn't happening.

So, as Rockman said, he's stuck with one soul which can't die.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
I know he fused with Schrodinger, that's why i said that. And so if a million souls of individuals can kill Schrodinger, then obviously Aludinger can die by the same weaknesses.

OMG it's like people saying Superman in unkillable when there's Kryptonite out there.

Unkillable means absolutely nothing NOTHING in existence can kill it
The anime gave you two.

So i'm being clear about this, two ways Aludinger can die.
A million souls in which he can't recognise his own consciousness from them.
And self doubt where he questions his own existence.

The Kryptonite is there people geez.

The problem with that logic is that the only one that can kill Alucard is Alucard himself if he wanted to, so your kryptonite example doesn't work here. I don't see any reason for him to consume more souls since he doesn't need them anymore.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
af00df96c9.jpg

I feel like deja vu.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I'm not saying Aludinger needs to, i'm saying it would kill him if he did.
So he's killable, he can die, the souls are his Kryptonite, the end of Aludinger, no more, nothing, fin.

When there's an element that can kill Aludinger exits, that means it's possible to end him.
Doesn't mean he is unkillable, just means the element is out of reach.

True that. The possibility is still out there. But the question is "Can DANTE kill him?", not "Can Alucard be killed?". This means we are imagining a scenario where Dante forces Alucard near his kriptonite. Now it's up to Dante to figure out a way to trick Alucard to absorb those souls again. Kinda difficult way to kill him, not impossible, but GODDAMN DIFFICULT.

So yeah, I'd say Alucard wins.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I feel as though threads like this will never have a plausible answer. Dante vs. Alucard will be one of those fights that will never have an answer no matter how hard people try.

Personally, I'm leaning more towards Alucard. Pretty much nothing can kill him, he's got all these different forms of himself, and he's got these other attacks that I'm not sure Dante could match. Dante can die if constantly battled, and even if he uses DT, its not like every DT is the same and depending on DT's like DMC1 or DMC3, its a very questionable battle.

I don't know, I tend to try and avoid Dante vs Alucard threads.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
True that. The possibility is still out there. But the question is "Can DANTE kill him?", not "Can Alucard be killed?". This means we are imagining a scenario where Dante forces Alucard near his kriptonite. Now it's up to Dante to figure out a way to trick Alucard to absorb those souls again. Kinda difficult way to kill him, not impossible, but GODDAMN DIFFICULT.

So yeah, I'd say Alucard wins.

I don't understand. If by "killed" you mean erased from existence for a WHILE, I see that happening, but completely killed, as in die?? I don't see how?

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I don't understand. If by "killed" you mean erased from existence for a WHILE, I see that happening, but completely killed, as in die?? I don't see how?
Guess you're right.

I didn't mean Dante had to kill Alucard, i'm saying it is possible.
However that doesn't Dante can't beat the vampire cereal out of Alucard without killing him.
So I think Dante can win.
Alucard gets his vampire cereal beaten out like...every time he fights? Then he comes back and wins. If Alucard isn't strong enough to kill Dante after he gets beaten and the two just end up healing themselves over and over....maybe that could be a stale. It all depends, then, on Dante's ability to endure a veeeeery long lasting fight.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Just wanted to remind you guys that DMC 2 Dante was able to kill the embodiment of despair which is more of a "concept".

Top Bottom