• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I going crazy or do others agree with me?

So, here's the deal. A lot of DMC players I know say they are huge fans of the series, reading the comics/books (I haven't read them) and watching the anime (I have watched it). Now when ever a discussion arises on the infamous topic of "Nero is Vergil's reincarnation..." I always find myself having the exact same discussions.

Considering this happens a lot I'd like to know if I've somehow had a breakdown and I believe this to be true or it actually is and people are quite stupid. :p

But I always thought that Dante and Vergil were half Demon, this means they were only half as powerful. A full Demon had a true form in which they were most powerful in? Now I thought that it was suggested/announced that Nero was a relation of Vergil which would make him Quarter Demon? So I always thought that because Dante and Vergil are only half Demon they could only show a true Demon form from defeated Devil Arms and Devil Arms being the souls of defeated Demons. So they could only become the form of that Demon whilst possessing its soul.

That was the case for DevilMayCry3 anyway.

I'm not too sure if DevilMayCry4 was just lazy or after Rebellion, Dante was meant to be stuck with only one form. But anyway, since Nero was supposedly a Quarter of a Demon I always believed him to not be as powerful as a Full/Half Demon and only being able to Project the soul of a Devil Arm. Thus when finding the Yamato he was echoing it's Soul much like Vergil did, yet for some reason a lot of people seem to think that Nero was infected and Vergil was trying to take over...

Even die hard DMC fans I've spoken to seemed pretty shocked about my "theory" (their words) on Devil Triggers/Arms. So after a few years of being stumbled and confused I figured I'd ask to see whether I'm a looney tune or not.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nero is Dante's clone. They grew him in a test tube from a strand of hair. He got his devil arm in a freak fapping accident. The fapping was out of control. He had no choice but to surgically attach the demon arm.

I assure you this theory is better than anything Capcom would be able to come up with. I say we roll with that. He was able to use Vergil's sword because he said please.

ZeroLove

People say it has been confirmed that Nero is Vergil's son, but I have never seen an official source on it, so I don't know what to believe. But let's play pretend that he is. Who is the mother then? A human? A demon? Would Vergil even have sex with a woman, wether human or demon? Not suggesting that he is gay, just that sex isn't really a priority of his. What would his motives be for having sex with a woman? Would it benefit him to have a son? Maybe Nero was made so Vergil could take over his body from the afterlife? Kinda like what happens when Nero gets the Yamato, some kind of demonic essence or spirit takes over him. Is that Vergil?

There are SO many questions unanswered when it comes to Nero and Vergil. And I doubt we will ever get any answers.

People say it has been confirmed that Nero is Vergil's son, but I have never seen an official source on it, so I don't know what to believe. But let's play pretend that he is. Who is the mother then? A human? A demon? Would Vergil even have sex with a woman, wether human or demon? Not suggesting that he is gay, just that sex isn't really a priority of his. What would his motives be for having sex with a woman? Would it benefit him to have a son? Maybe Nero was made so Vergil could take over his body from the afterlife? Kinda like what happens when Nero gets the Yamato, some kind of demonic essence or spirit takes over him. Is that Vergil?

There are SO many questions unanswered when it comes to Nero and Vergil. And I doubt we will ever get any answers.

I'm pretty sure it was announced in the book released before/after DMC4 came out. So as to whether it's canon I'm not entirely certain, there was rumour though that his mother was a prostitute or something like that. But I completely agree there, Vergil seemed more focused on himself, gaining power and becoming the strongest. Letting his guard down to a woman doesn't seem like him but apparently the book takes place before DMC1 (I think).

That there is what I'm getting at though. The "essence" you see/hear is Yamato's soul. The same as in Devil May Cry 3 when you equip a certain Devil Arm you'd change what your Devil Trigger looked like and Beowulf looked the same for Vergil and Dante it's because they were projecting what the Devil Arm looked like in Demon form. I'm not entirely bothered on the whole Vergil/Nero relation part it's mostly about the Devil Arms.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Nero is Dante's clone. They grew him in a test tube from a strand of hair. He got his devil arm in a freak fapping accident. The fapping was out of control. He had no choice but to surgically attach the demon arm.
LMAO
i have a better ending to his DB because he's not original Demon he cannot access natural Demon form and has mutated his arm permanently
I assure you this theory is better than anything Capcom would be able to come up with. I say we roll with that. He was able to use Vergil's sword because he said please.
He was able to do that because he is a clone of vergil maybe ?

Top Bottom