• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

And the winner is ...

Who is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Because she's a copycat of Dante? Not entirely. The fact that she's got a British accent sets her out as a completely separate character, even if she does share a LOT of similarities with Dante.

The game itself - once you get over the Fly Me To the Moon theme song and automatically start to block it out (or sing along while you're kicking ass, whichever way you go) - is varied, exciting, fresh and FUN. I've never had so much fun dying about a hundred times before slaying one or the other big baddie...or goodie. Whereas, compared to DMC4, you hear me swearing and screaming and cursing and throwing a 'I-HATE-YOUR-STUPID-ARM-NERO-YOU-GIT' tantrum all the way down the street when I die.

And I've got to disagree with your theory about the numbers being in Dante's favour. Here's why:
Dante: Devil triggers.
Bayonetta: Activates witch time and kicks his butt anyway.

Plus, even if he does have like a storage house full of arsenal, it doesn't beat the fact that Bayonetta's own weapon sets are better than Dante's Pandora. Have you played the game Sparda? Do you have any idea what amount of combos you can string together with her limited weapons? It's INSANE. There's over 50 combos you can use for each weapon on its own, even more when you add another weapon on her person, and they're all hellishly effective if you do it right.

@Edsabre - the reason why so many DMC fans haven't played Bayonetta is mainly because they feel cheated by Capcom. Here we are all waiting for DMC5, and then Bayonetta gets released and it screams out 'I'm-gonna-rip-DMC-franchise-apart-y'all!' Plus, the fact that Bayonetta has some very obvious references to DMC without actually BEING devil may cry. Got a lot of fans worked up about it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^she's right about the Nero dying thing.

Jubileus isn't a pain in the butt like Sanctus is.

Actually, thats quite a good sales pitch Cv

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Only if you learn japanese.Which why I still haven't applied for platinum.

*Eyes sparkle*.Work as video game creative producer/planner...

Then again I love the university and being a university teacher is what I want...damn I really can't have everything.

Durante

Dead
I haven't played bayonetta yet i liked the video's of it,the gaming sites also gave it a high rating. But im sticking to voting for Dante due to me not playing it yet.

Sparda™

Have played the game Clair, and haven't been much astonished to what's been presented to me as a gamer.

There is positive feedback and negative one as well, so I guess you'll just have to deal with It.

About the versus thing, Dante has Quicksilver and Doppelganger, so Witch Time is just a joke in comparison.

Let's not forget Majin Dante.

Oh and the Sparda sword. So many options. :rolleyes:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
^you see that smilie...i could punch its lights out.
I always had that thing used against me on another forum.

Sorry Cv...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
^LOL

Although i remember reding that before it came out
There are alot of butt and breast shots though...
If Bayonetta is aimed at males, perhaps capcom do do a DMC aimed at females? (Oh wait... i think it already is)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
LOL

A male friend of mine said 'Oh well you only play that becasue of the pretty men!' when reffering to DMC once.

I was quite shocked - first 'cuz thats not true, but also because he, as a straight male recognised the prettiness.!

Also I thought my perving was descrete when playing. lol?!

Alastor005

SStylish
those who said that bayonneta owns Dante.... WHy do you post here guyz.? dont make this kind of topic again pls ...this is a forum with dmc fans you forgot ?.....and.... Dante forever :)!!!! GOGOGo pwn every badass :p

Meg

Well hold on now. You can be a Bayonetta fan and post here. My favorite game isn't even a DMC game, but I post here because I love the series as a whole. I also voted for Dante. :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Look I'm a pretty devoted DMC fan. If I had the cash and the time to source out where to buy all the DMC figurines, posters, games, trophies, mementos, attire(speaking of which, I saw a pair of boots today that looks exactly like Dante's), and all the smaller things like DMC toothbrushes and DMC bedding (yeah, well what do you think I meant when I said I'm a DMC fan?), then I would buy everything and anything DMC. Excluding dijounshi and yaoi and whathaveyou stuff. I'd buy Hideki and Reuben and Dan if I could too!
If I wasn't a big Dante fan, I wouldn't have gone to replace my DMC4 disc again and again and again.
Proof:
DSC07311.jpg

Those are all mine baby!

So, now that I've hopefully proven my obsessive fanatics with DMC and Dante in particular.
I still vote Bayonetta.
The facts are solid. Dante WILL get pwned by her.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
clairavance;218657 said:
Look I'm a pretty devoted DMC fan. If I had the cash and the time to source out where to buy all the DMC figurines, posters, games, trophies, mementos, attire(speaking of which, I saw a pair of boots today that looks exactly like Dante's), and all the smaller things like DMC toothbrushes and DMC bedding (yeah, well what do you think I meant when I said I'm a DMC fan?), then I would buy everything and anything DMC. Excluding dijounshi and yaoi and whathaveyou stuff. I'd buy Hideki and Reuben and Dan if I could too!
If I wasn't a big Dante fan, I wouldn't have gone to replace my DMC4 disc again and again and again.
Proof:
*snip*
Those are all mine baby!

So, now that I've hopefully proven my obsessive fanatics with DMC and Dante in particular.
I still vote Bayonetta.
The facts are solid. Dante WILL get pwned by her.

Wow, do you own 3 copies of DMC4 and 2 copies of Bayonetta? That's pretty hardcore. And you even have NG2, which is my 3rd favorite action game next to DMC and Bayo. You have some mighty fine tastes.

In the end, I guess this is a DMC board, so its only natural for everyone to be bias towards Dante. Its just...for me, when I read that Kamiya was making another hack'n'slash action game, I was like "zomg, it's gonna be like a new generation of DMC!!" and it really was. But it seems that some people just see it as the enemy. Well, if Bayo is the enemy, then Dante's chances arent looking good. Even in terms of gameplay, after playing Bayonetta, DMC4 feels slow and limited in comparison.

But maybe it's a good thing. Maybe Bayonetta's awesomeness is just what the DMC team needs to inspire them to take DMC5 to the next level. I sure hope so. :D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Edsabre;218665 said:
Well, if Bayo is the enemy, then Dante's chances arent looking good. Even in terms of gameplay, after playing Bayonetta, DMC4 feels slow and limited in comparison.

I second that. I haven't bothered getting back to DMC4 just yet, I'm still working my way through Bayonetta. The majority of DMC fans who have actually played both admit that Bayonetta was better than DMC.

When you play DMC4 after you played Bayonetta, Nero feels like a 90 year old grandma
^ 'tis the truth, and the truth hurts right?
They need to pickup the DMC franchise and blow our minds with something fresh and original. Like Bayonetta.

I think Zany and I really should go offer our services as writers to Capcom...or whoever the hell is in charge of the DMC series. We'd make Bayonetta seem tame when we're done with devil may cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom