• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Angels for DmC2

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
If anybody has read any of my previous posts on other threads, you could tell that my biggest issue with DmC is the lack of badass angel combat. I thought of some characters and have other threads similar. but this one is strictly for angel based characters. they can be angels that either fight or team up with Dante or even be Fallen angels or angels turned demon, even half angels.
1. name
2. backstory
3. weapon/abilities
4. how they affect the other characters
and..........................................................................GO!

crush

I get the feeling in DmC2 because they were cut off by Mundus by his hell gate and also of the risk of war in the human realm, they are a bit shallow in the knowledge of humankind.
This lack of expereience with humans lead to their faliure of their plan of making Vergil govern the world.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Since angels will be in it. Will there be presence of a God?
This is a really interesting question!
There would probably be a "angel king", like there is a "demon king". Unless angels rule themselves as an oligarchy or a democracy.
And we must also consider, do you think that this God would be like the christian God, an almighty being? Since I would like to see the angels as future enemies for Dante, I would rather have not such a representation of this God, because, well, he would logically be an unbeatable boss...:p
So I would personally prefer angels being represented as more powerful beings than humans, but not necessarily as emissaries of the Good.

EllDawn

This is a really interesting question!
There would probably be a "angel king", like there is a "demon king". Unless angels rule themselves as an oligarchy or a democracy.
And we must also consider, do you think that this God would be like the christian God, an almighty being? Since I would like to see the angels as future enemies for Dante, I would rather have not such a representation of this God, because, well, he would logically be an unbeatable boss...:p
So I would personally prefer angels being represented as more powerful beings than humans, but not necessarily as emissaries of the Good.
Instead of bringing God into it, they could just have rebel angels. Much like in the Prophecy films. They'll still be against demons, but also against Dante because he's trying to protect the humans.

REAPER 3142

Since angels will be in it. Will there be presence of a God?

I personally like the take on God from Supernatural. That God lost faith in his own creations and moved on. The Angels, feeling lost and abandoned are ruled now by the arch angels. they start fighting demons and try to kickstart judgement day on their own.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
My first Angel

Name: Emmanuel (pronounced E-man-uEl)

Backstory: Emmanuel was the Right hand of Michael (pronounced as My-Kay-El), leader of the angels. Though Michael respected humans and their independence, Emmanuel believed that humans needed to be contained. Emmanuel thought that humans potential could be dangerous, and only through Angel's superior power could there be peace between the two. To achieve this plan, which he called "New Eden", he gained the allegiance of Rodan, Michael's Half Wing son. Emmanuel had Rodan kill his father, and Emmanuel took over the Angels. His first order? Death to the abominations known as Nephilim, as well as any Half Wing or Hellion.

Weapon: Angelus, a English Longsword charged with Holy Lightning, that he can throw like a boomerang or shoot lightning out of.
Abilities: Body clone- an upgrade of Doppelganger, creating 3 to 6 clones of himself.
Striker-lightning infused punches and kicks
teleportation- instant teleporting
Super Strength- Able to cut through houses in one swing and throw the top half one armed.
Super speed: Faster than Vergil, without teleportation
Durability- can take a lot of damages
Fighting experience- Emmanuel has been fighting for time immeasurable, so he's pretty good.

Role in the plot: The Big Bad

REAPER 3142

My first Angel

Name: Emmanuel (pronounced E-man-uEl)

Backstory: Emmanuel was the Right hand of Michael (pronounced as My-Kay-El), leader of the angels. Though Michael respected humans and their independence, Emmanuel believed that humans needed to be contained. Emmanuel thought that humans potential could be dangerous, and only through Angel's superior power could there be peace between the two. To achieve this plan, which he called "New Eden", he gained the allegiance of Rodan, Michael's Half Wing son. Emmanuel had Rodan kill his father, and Emmanuel took over the Angels. His first order? Death to the abominations known as Nephilim, as well as any Half Wing or Hellion.

Weapon: Angelus, a English Longsword charged with Holy Lightning, that he can throw like a boomerang or shoot lightning out of.
Abilities: Body clone- an upgrade of Doppelganger, creating 3 to 6 clones of himself.
Striker-lightning infused punches and kicks
teleportation- instant teleporting
Super Strength- Able to cut through houses in one swing and throw the top half one armed.
Super speed: Faster than Vergil, without teleportation
Durability- can take a lot of damages
Fighting experience- Emmanuel has been fighting for time immeasurable, so he's pretty good.

Role in the plot: The Big Bad

NICE DUDE!!!!!! this is the stuff i want to see. good story. cool weapon. an opponent that Dante or Vergil cant just stare down and defeat. IT would be really cool to see the brothers team up to fight this guy maybe in like an abbandoned rundown city. just absolutley wrecking buildings, tossing eachother into cars or poles, leaving craters in the ground from such a huge battle. thats what i want.

IncarnatedDemon

That New Eden and containing of humans kinda sounds like Darksiders:

Eden was initially meant for mankind, but when it was given to them, the Nephilim attacked the paradise world under Absalom's leadership with the intent of claiming it for themselves as they possessed no world of their own. After the Four Horsemen and the Angels defeated the Nephilim, Eden was abandoned. The Garden or what remained of it, was hidden by Archangel Azrael. It is here that the Tree of Knowledge stands.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Name:..i dont know, Gabriel, Samiel something el
(note give him wings)
images

Back Story:

Lord General of the armies of heaven and father of Eva. He took great pride in striking down enitre legions of hell single handed. when Eva became a general in the army he could not have been prouder of her. his signature weapon was a scythe which he gave to Eva when she was promoted to general. as such when she and Sparda (insert awesome feat of justice similar to DMC) and ran off he became engulfed in a rage that even Mundus couldnt comprehend. he disowned his daughter and sought to rid the world of the demonic scum and the nephilim. he doesn't recognise Dante or Vergil as his heirs and would like nothing more than to tear their heads off with his bare hands.

crush

Name: "J" (Although it's obvious who he is)
Weapon: The sin. A large cross that has withered thorns linked to his arm.
Abilities: Life amplifier. The ability to heal and multiply life matter.
Combat: His attacks are mostly growing the thorns around "The sin" with his powers to make it a painful flail, much like a morning star.
It also doubles as his projectile weapon which he can capture enemies with it much like Demon pull/angel lift.

Background

Formally a nephilim who appeared around 2000 years ago which pernamantly stopped the plan of Mundus, but was sent to execution because Mundus framed him in breaking into a temple run by demons in limbo, in which the human race was tricked by propaganda and the advantage of the hell gate's concealment. (The Nephelim hunt that phineas mentioned) at his final hours, he mentions he had his cover blown by "some creep who sold him for a few pieces of silver".
After his death, his soul was worshipped as a saviour and was converted into a high angel. But has the lack of wings because he was formally more "human" than angel or demon. Which he reflects himself to Dante.
Because angels can't breach the barrier made by the demons and the severe injuries he got 2000 years ago, he gives Dante authority to save mankind in his place and gives his trademark weapon.
(Although Dante never notices it's "him" because of his frank attitude and treats him like some bloke, which he would regret afterwards.)

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
That is a really great idea!
I was just wondering, though, do you think that some Christian believer could find such an (awesome imo) idea a bit disturbing? Just asking, I don not want to accuse/offend anyone. :)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Name: Azrael - the angel of death
Weapon: Scythe
Abilities: Safeguard the Well of Souls
Story:
Azrael is an old friend of Eva. He knew of her relation to Sparda and watched over them. When he learns of Dante and Vergil, he keeps a distant eye on them. When angels start to hunt both brothers, Azrael decides to help Dante after witnessing Vergil's true colors. He'd do anything to help Dante prove his innocence to his fellow angels and that he's nothing like the nephilim in ancient times. And show them that Dante has Eva's influence.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Name: Azrael - the angel of death
Weapon: Scythe
Abilities: Safeguard the Well of Souls
Story:
Azrael is an old friend of Eva. He knew of her relation to Sparda and watched over them. When he learns of Dante and Vergil, he keeps a distant eye on them. When angels start to hunt both brothers, Azrael decides to help Dante after witnessing Vergil's true colors. He'd do anything to help Dante prove his innocence to his fellow angels and that he's nothing like the nephilim in ancient times. And show them that Dante has Eva's influence.

Sweet! Azrael is my favorite Angel!

Let's see if your image of him matches mine

Serious, seen-it-all outlook.

Badass.

Dark sense of humor.

Evil looking, but pretty nice guy.

crush

That is a really great idea!
I was just wondering, though, do you think that some Christian believer could find such an (awesome imo) idea a bit disturbing? Just asking, I don not want to accuse/offend anyone. :)

The religious front always spoils the chance of making Jesus look badass don't they?
One of the rare manga that has him in action is Hirano Kouta's "Drifters". You should see it. Although he is the antagonist
He owns a metal scaled Dragon to a pulp in one scene. And makes it into a "meal for thousands".

Top Bottom