• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Aren't all gamers?
Sup.
banana_zpsc8f83400.gif
Not all gamers are that way, Zero...just the ones who take this side and that too seriously.
EDIT: I always have the worst time to post. Seriously.

ZeroLove

Sup.
banana_zpsc8f83400.gif
Not all gamers are that way, Zero...just the ones who take this side and that too seriously.

Yeah, I explained myself in the previous post. ^^

The sad part is every game i'm intersted in this year is dealing with undeserved amounts of hate online, the MGS forums hate on MGR, Tomb Raider is dealing with theyre own haters and DmC...well you now how thats been. I miss the days when people just played games and enjoyed them instead of acting lie a bunch of entiteld brats who bitch and moan about everything....a then probably still play the game.
Ah well, the internet does bring the worst out in people...

Wait, wait, wait. Now publications are all about depth? With DmC it was nothing but praise for the streamlined mechanics and increased "accessibility". Now it's "It's not deep enough... 7/10".

Gaming Journalism shouldn't be taken seriously to be honest, even if they do praise your favorite game. they're just fun to read and laugh at I guess.

Terrutas

I'm very hyped for it. My problem is i'm broke.
This is what every post in this thread should've been like,answering the simple question the title presented. not starting a fight or arguments over opinions,my god.

not that I have a problem with it. just hate the negativity everywhere

berto

I Saw the Devil
That it does....why am i even here i'm 30 and im on a video game forum...
You and me both.

I'm here because I like DMC but none of my friends like it and I'd lime 6o talk with others about it. But every now and then? I get like you do: what am I doing at 30 in a voideo game forum.

Calypso Dynamo

You and me both.

I'm here because I like DMC but none of my friends like it and I'd lime 6o talk with others about it. But every now and then? I get like you do: what am I doing at 30 in a voideo game forum.
lol alright glad i'm not the only one.

ninjaa93

dmc fans are dmc fans or atleast we shouldnt separate are own fanbase why not call it a disagreement amoungs fellow fans. For example nobody says your a dmc2 hater/Fanboy just because dislike/like THAT one game of the overall series or the DevilMayCry property. I understnd dmc vs gow or cod vs battlefield but DMC vs DmC should have never been planted in DevilMayCry fans heads. Rivalry we other games,teams, political views is common.

But as for this DevilMayCry fanbase we are kinda missed up... as for metal gear rising i believe it boils down to what is the better hack n slash, and a hack'n'slash fans view on them not just dmc on dmc crime.

Jerry Wirerammer

The demo left me kinda "meh" tbh. I'm gonna give it a week or two, look at some videos and see how much more there is to it. If it turns out to be even half as good as Bayonetta I will probably pick it up.

WorkenOnMaLeft

The sad part is every game i'm intersted in this year is dealing with undeserved amounts of hate online, the MGS forums hate on MGR, Tomb Raider is dealing with theyre own haters and DmC...well you now how thats been. I miss the days when people just played games and enjoyed them instead of acting lie a bunch of entiteld brats who bitch and moan about everything....a then probably still play the game.
I should get this, and ****ing put it on my wall or something

WorkenOnMaLeft

The demo left me kinda "meh" tbh. I'm gonna give it a week or two, look at some videos and see how much more there is to it. If it turns out to be even half as good as Bayonetta I will probably pick it up.
When you say "good as bayonetta" youre refering to the combat right? Cause everything else was god awful, even for that style. I reaaaaaaaaaally tried to like it but.... yea.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most gaming journalists are not really 'gamers'

a4qOpfu.png

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/

"Boo Hoo! Pressing forward on the analogue stick and pressing the attack button at the same time is so difficult points off for difficulty ;_;"

sd04geG.jpg

I've seen plenty of people evade attacks without parrying, Raiden even circles around an enemy when he's dodging, nearly the same identical animation as Travis Touchdown. I hope no one lets gaming journalists form their opinions for them.

All I get from those images is "Holy crap! This is not like Angry Birds at all, too damn hard!"

Agent47_89

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most gaming journalists are not really 'gamers'

a4qOpfu.png

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/

"Boo Hoo! Pressing forward on the analogue stick and pressing the attack button at the same time is so difficult points off for difficulty ;_;"

sd04geG.jpg

I've seen plenty of people evade attacks without parrying, Raiden even circles around an enemy when he's dodging, nearly the same identical animation as Travis Touchdown. I hope no one lets gaming journalists form their opinions for them.

All I get from those images is "Holy crap! This is not like Angry Birds at all, too damn hard!"

All I get from your post is smugness.

Judging from the demo the parry is iffy, not as hard he's making out it to be but the demo enemies were thick so maybe there's harder enemies on the full game. And the camera is quite crap and you do get hit from unseen enemies, even DMC had hidden enemies attack less.

Still better than MGS4.

All I get from your post is smugness.

Judging from the demo the parry is iffy, not as hard he's making out it to be but the demo enemies were thick so maybe there's harder enemies on the full game. And the camera is quite crap and you do get hit from unseen enemies, even DMC had hidden enemies attack less.

Still better than MGS4.

Don't give a **** if I'm acting smug, I can call a gaming journalist out on his on her bullshit if I want. Casual gamers should not be allowed to review games. Some poor soul is going to think gaming journalism is legit when they let these guys pretend they know what their talking about.

It's like if some reviewer complains about getting the alert status in Metal Gear Solid 3 all the time because it didn't tell him or her where the patrol guards are and how unfair it is that the enemies were off screen then the reviewer goes on to complain how the jungle makes things get in the way. Actually that's what a Modern Day journalist would be like.

I'm sorry about my attitude but this stuff really annoys me.

Soupie

Hey, chill. The game still has overall good reviews. There will always be a consumer that dislikes whichever product that's brought out to them. It's simply how the world works.

Hey, chill. The game still has overall good reviews. There will always be a consumer that dislikes whichever product that's brought out to them. It's simply how the world works.

Haha, believe it or not...I'm not as angry as my post made me out to be. Was just expressing my opinion on gaming journalists i was a bit off topic. In another thread it said a reviewer mentioned there being no weapon switching when there is, people get paid to put their opinions out there and it's not right if they overlook things. if it was something minor then sure, i'll let it pass.

Ooops, going off again. Ignore me.

Top Bottom