• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any love for Vergil at all?

somekidfromthe90's

And it seams like ninja theory is doing everything that true devil may cry fans don't want.
awjeez.jpg

true vergil fan

I just hope he turns out like DMC 3 vergil, he was my favorite character and it looks like they're gonna ruin him by trying to humanize him. Dante didn't really change that much but the new devil trigger system is just stupid. And I don't know if it's true but I heard dante was gonna have magic spray paint wich is just stupid in my opinion. I don't like how the combat focus on airial combat either.

I don't like how they're trying to humanize vergil, he was fine the way he was. Now he dosen't resemble his old self at all. And he was raised by rich people and became a cyber terorist. The old vergil was a ruthless killing machine who would not accept failure. And I can even look past them being half angel even though it's totally wrong. What bugs me is their personalities and the new combat system that focuses on alot of airial combat, including devil trigger, wich now drains faster while your on the ground. And a shape shifting rebellion is rediculace, and yamato looked better with white and gold, makes you wonder if vergil will even fight the same, my guess is proably not. And since when did vergil care about saveing the world, when he was gonna open a portal to the demon world he didn't care about the consequences, he just wanted to obtain sparda's power and kill mundus.

maybe he wouldn't charge in to mundus' lair but he wouldn't be hideing either, he'd kill every demon he could until he belived he could win, and you seam to forget that although vergil is smart he's also arogant as hell. As for Arkham, he only worked with him because he needed him to open the portal, he always intened to kill Arkham the moment he was no longer useful and he never trusted the man, but as you saw he underestimated him and his trechary. He only worked with dante because he had no choice and maybe he dose care a little about dante because he did warn him that the portal was closeing but vergil is to proud to admit he cares for dante at all and he certainly didn't care about humans. And a good example of vergil's arogance would be whe he fought mundus saying my fater did it, so I should be able to do it to. And not only that the new vergil is a cyber terorist warning humans about deons, the old vergil would have just started killing them off one by one.

the old vergil lost his humanity the day his mother died, and I liked him that way, thats what made him so cool. I can only hope something horible happens to the new vergil to make him more like the original, but I will say this I'm hopeing they don't kill him off like they did in DMC1, I'm hopeing they free him from mundus, but so far I'm not impressed with the new vergil. I probably wont rush out to by the game because what if your all wrong and the game turns out horible, I'd feel like I wasted my money, I'll probably just barrow it or rent it and if it sucks I'll never buy another devil may cry game. I just get the feeling this game is gonna kill the devil may cry series, like people are gonna hate it so much that another game will never be made.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't aprove of the DmC, I was willing to give it a chance even though they changed dante's looks, but thats not even the issue. It's so different that you can't even call it devil may cry anymore. And the new vergil is nothing like the original, his entire personality is different, he dosen't even deserve to be called vergil. The original vergil wouldn't be hideing behinde a mask he took mundus on knowing full well he didn't have the strength, he was ruthless, fearless, and merciless. He would do anything for power and cut down any who stood in his way. He didn't care about the future of mankind, they were all worthless incects in his eyes. And he would never ask dante for help, he was far to proud for that, he'd rather die than admit he needed help. And it seams like ninja theory is doing everything that true devil may cry fans don't want. My hope was after DMC4, that they'd make a DMC5 and explain what the hell happened to vergil and why yamato was broken.

Why? Why would you bring this back? We get it. Some people hate Vergil. But for the love of God;
36j54k.jpg

DragonMaster2010

I just hope he turns out like DMC 3 vergil, he was my favorite character and it looks like they're gonna ruin him by trying to humanize him. Dante didn't really change that much but the new devil trigger system is just stupid. And I don't know if it's true but I heard dante was gonna have magic spray paint wich is just stupid in my opinion. I don't like how the combat focus on airial combat either.

That's Kat. Dante's partner.

I don't like how they're trying to humanize vergil, he was fine the way he was. Now he dosen't resemble his old self at all.

MediaHandler.ashx

Dude, they practically look like twins.

And he was raised by rich people and became a cyber terorist. The old vergil was a ruthless killing machine who would not accept failure. And I can even look past them being half angel even though it's totally wrong. What bugs me is their personalities and the new combat system that focuses on alot of airial combat, including devil trigger, wich now drains faster while your on the ground. And a shape shifting rebellion is rediculace

How is that "rediculace"? (Ridiculous)

, and yamato looked better with white and gold, makes you wonder if vergil will even fight the same, my guess is proably not. And since when did vergil care about saveing the world, when he was gonna open a portal to the demon world he didn't care about the consequences, he just wanted to obtain sparda's power and kill mundus.

I probably wont rush out to by the game because what if your all wrong and the game turns out horible, I'd feel like I wasted my money, I'll probably just barrow it or rent it and if it sucks I'll never buy another devil may cry game.

2014: DMC5. Tell me you won't.

I just get the feeling this game is gonna kill the devil may cry series, like people are gonna hate it so much that another game will never be made.

Doubt it, because the game, shockingly, looks fun. Even if it doesn't meet the "standards" of a DMC game, it will be a top seller in possibly story and hack n' slash...maybe.

true vergil fan

I'm just voiceing my opinion, hopefully it'll make a difrence but probably not. Now let me ask you, why are you so quick to accept the new vergil or the new game at all, dosen't bother you at all that they're makeing serious changes to an old classic, to the point that it's not even the same game or story anymore?

I'll admit the game looks fun, and I'm not talking about new vergil's looks I'm talking about his personality. Maybe I'm not being fair but DMC3 was in my opinion the best devil may cry game ever and I feel like they kinda ruined vergil by trying to humanize him, but then again they might be going somwhere with this, maybe they'll make it all fit together better, because the old games had preaty big time gaps with little to no explination. I just don't like it when they try to humanize a bad ass like vergil I thought he was fine as the semi evil bastard, in fact thats why I liked him, at least he still has yamato, I'd have been ****ed off if they took that away, I just hope he can actually use it and that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty. I still don't see why he needed to team up with a bunch of humans, I thought he was supposed to hate humans.

EllDawn

I'm just voiceing my opinion, hopefully it'll make a difrence but probably not. Now let me ask you, why are you so quick to accept the new vergil or the new game at all, dosen't bother you at all that they're makeing serious changes to an old classic, to the point that it's not even the same game or story anymore?

I, for one, took a while to fully accept the new game. I still planned on getting it because I was willing to give it a chance. And if you ask me, there are series that are much better than DMC. I wouldn't call it a classic, I call it a fun series that gives me demons to kill when I'm in a bad mood.

I accepted the new Vergil because he seems to have more layers than the original. With him, because they made him more human, you're likely to question if he is going to be like the original, or if they're going to make him more of a hero. And since humans have unstable emotions, making him more human also gives a higher chance for him to become cold hearted. I can see several directions for him, and I'm curious about where he's going to end up.

As I said before, it was obvious with the original. With the changes they've made, no one knows for certain what he's going to do.

true vergil fan

well im just saying i have been a fan of dmc since the very first game and loved. the original story was great and it had some gaps in it but this is were they messed up. they sould have used this new game to fill those gaps and had new events unfold. that is what the true dmc fan wants. im am very unhappy that they would slap the true fans in face with this new crap. lets just hope they dont sign resident evil over to ninja theroy and let them butcher it like dmc

EllDawn

First of all, there's no such thing as a "true fan." That's just something people say. Second, DMC was losing fans so Capcom was trying to get a new take on the series so it wouldn't die completely. Yes, there were plot-holes. That was the fault of the people who wrote the story for DMC.

In my opinion, RE could use something different. Most of the ones I had tried to play became monotonous because it felt like the same story. 4 was the one I enjoyed the most because of how different it was. It's getting to be the same with Silent Hill, which is depressing. I love that series.

The fact is Capcom was losing and they were desperate to save what had been one of their biggest titles. It wasn't to insult the fans, or to screw with a series. They put so much in it that they needed to do something that would make up for the loss. This is the result. And so far it's looking pretty good, in my opinion.

true vergil fan

ok first of all dmc was never a big titel it simply doesn't have the fan base of a bigger titel like resident evil and its bad business to run try and run off the fans who enjoyed seeing the true dante wup azz .and let me tell you there are a lot of people who hate to see dmc so bucher and messed with if the ever do to resident evil what they did to dmc they'd lose so much money because resident evil fans wouldn't put up with that

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
And I don't know if it's true but I heard dante was gonna have magic spray paint wich is just stupid in my opinion.
False. Kat's the one with the spray paint.

including devil trigger, wich now drains faster while your on the ground.
False. The devil trigger depletes at a constant rate regardless of Dante's position.

And since when did vergil care about saveing the world
And since when did you invent a time machine? Who's to say Vergil doesn't have an ulterior motive?

the old vergil lost his humanity the day his mother died
More poppycock from you I see. Tell me, would a person without any sense of humanity allow an opposing enemy to live? Vergil would have cut Dante's head off if he didn't have any semblance humanity within him and Vergil wouldn't have saved Dante from being attacked by Arkham.

I'm just voiceing my opinion, hopefully it'll make a difrence but probably not.
Head over to the Capcom Unity forums. You'll fit right in.

Now let me ask you, why are you so quick to accept the new vergil or the new game at all, dosen't bother you at all that they're makeing serious changes to an old classic, to the point that it's not even the same game or story anymore?
That's because it isn't the same game or story doctor clueless. Is the word "re-imagining" or "reboot" not in your vocabulary?

well im just saying i have been a fan of dmc since the very first game and loved. the original story was great and it had some gaps in it but this is were they messed up. they sould have used this new game to fill those gaps and had new events unfold. that is what the true dmc fan wants. im am very unhappy that they would slap the true fans in face with this new crap. lets just hope they dont sign resident evil over to ninja theroy and let them butcher it like dmc
You don't even fully know the character you're a fan off and yet you're talking about this 'true fan' nonsense. Text book definition of irony right here.

ok first of all dmc was never a big titel it simply doesn't have the fan base of a bigger titel like resident evil and its bad business to run try and run off the fans who enjoyed seeing the true dante wup azz .and let me tell you there are a lot of people who hate to see dmc so bucher and messed with if the ever do to resident evil what they did to dmc they'd lose so much money because resident evil fans wouldn't put up with that
Capcom has already screwed up Resident Evil. It's called RE5. I wouldn't put it past them to screw up DMC. Oh wait! It's called DMC2 and DMC4.

P.S STOP MULTI-POSTING. YOU'RE DELIBERATELY DOING SO AND IT'S AGAINST THE RULES TO DO SO WITHOUT A VALID REASON. "I DIDN'T KNOW" ISN'T A VALID REASON JUST SO YOU KNOW.

EllDawn

With DMC not being a big title in the first place, that gives them even more of a reason to try and bring in more money, and more of a loss when some previous titles flopped. They already butchered it, now they're letting someone else try to make something better. They're trying to make money, and bring in more fans, because that's what's going to keep them in business. They can't just keep releasing RE games and hope that each one is going to be a hit. DMC was one way to make money, and since that was going down-hill, they're searching for new ways to use it. It's not something to be made personal by the fans since there's no real betrayal. The first game was released in order to make money, and so were each of the others.

true vergil fan

ok resident evil 5 stuck with the story and didnt mutate there main character in to a shadow of his former self. this new dmc isn't devil may cry its mimicing and mocking it so yeah this new dante could never messuer up to the old and the same is true for vergil. ninja theroy has ****ed on devil may cry and its fans do you really think they'd be as cool as the original no there shadows of there former glory and you and all the people who just love the new dante well you may be happy with it but me and the other 75% of devil may cry fans say were geting screwed but you just go ahead and take it with a smile lol

DragonMaster2010

No. Cause DMC got stale to me and needed something new. That's how I saw it.

I'll admit the game looks fun, and I'm not talking about new vergil's looks I'm talking about his personality. Maybe I'm not being fair but DMC3 was in my opinion the best devil may cry game ever and I feel like they kinda ruined vergil by trying to humanize him, but then again they might be going somwhere with this, maybe they'll make it all fit together better, because the old games had preaty big time gaps with little to no explination.

I doubt that since this is kind of an alternate universe game. It could be possible that they could fill small gaps.

I just don't like it when they try to humanize a bad ass like vergil I thought he was fine as the semi evil *******, in fact thats why I liked him, at least he still has yamato, I'd have been ****ed off if they took that away, I just hope he can actually use it and that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty. I still don't see why he needed to team up with a bunch of humans, I thought he was supposed to hate humans.

I don't think he's made this organization to save the humans. I notice this when Kat was captured and he was willing to leave her behind or let her die for his own goals. However we still don't know his goals so maybe he'd want power like the old Vergil. But that would also be too predictable and make new fans believe that Vergil's character is really simple and narrow minded. Vergil's mind was always warped with wanting nothing more but power, a little variety wouldn't hurt.

DragonMaster2010

ok resident evil 5 stuck with the story and didnt mutate there main character in to a shadow of his former self. this new dmc isn't devil may cry its mimicing and mocking it so yeah this new dante could never messuer up to the old and the same is true for vergil. ninja theroy has ****ed on devil may cry and its fans do you really think they'd be as cool as the original no there shadows of there former glory and you and all the people who just love the new dante well you may be happy with it but me and the other 75% of devil may cry fans say were geting screwed but you just go ahead and take it with a smile lol

284074845_640.jpg

You'd be happier here.:troll:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dislike the batman-cyber terrorist origins of Vergil but i did like the fact he was more of a trickster character than he was before.

DMC5 is gonna be tricky because it depends how capcom approaches pushing the series forward.They have to be bold and badass, not wimpy and pull a another DMC4.

EllDawn

You mean the same 75% that believed DMC was losing what made it good? Most fans got angry about Nero and what the novel gave for his back story, denying that it was canon when it wasn't up to them. It was up to Capcom. Just as this is.

Honestly, fans that are going to complain about every change shouldn't be listened to by those trying to give their best. It's disheartening. If any of the great authors today were to listen to what their fans said, their work wouldn't be theirs any more. If you don't want to play the game, don't. In the mean time, don't try making the rest of us look like idiots because we're willing to accept something different.

Top Bottom