• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone getting the anime on DVD?

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I just got the first DVD of Devil May Cry today and I can't wait to get home to watch it! Anyone else getting it?

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
Dante Redgrave;66435 said:
*got his copy with DMC4 CE* I still don't know why Reubon had to go until the stage name of Justin Clause...

Yea I know. Maybe he didn't want anyone to know it was him.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I probably will, when I get a little extra money. I didn't get to see the whole thing before they took all the fansubs down. :(

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I watched it two times already and I think it's really cool.

"Next time you open shop, make sure to add strawberry sundaes to the menu."

Dark Love

Order of R.L.C.
I noticed the "Justin Clause" in the credits too after watching the first episode. It puzzled me until I realized that it comes from Just Cause, which is the name of the company that Reuben Langdon is the co-founder of.

BTW, ADV needs to update their website. I went on to see about the free case for the vol. 1 DVD that came with my CE and there is nothing at all about DMC on the site when I search for it.

CAYDEN

Oh man I was so disappointed in the anime series. I kept on watching it and it got worse and worse and I was so hoping it would get better. Am I the only one here that didn't like it?

Dark Love

Order of R.L.C.
CAYDEN;66945 said:
Oh man I was so disappointed in the anime series. I kept on watching it and it got worse and worse and I was so hoping it would get better. Am I the only one here that didn't like it?

No, you're not the only one. Many have said their disappointment in the anime. Personally, I never bothered with it past the first episode because I knew it wouldn't live to fans' expectations.

Even my best friend who's never played any of the games or knows anything about DMC at all felt that it was disappointing too, especially when it came to certain parts of Dante's personality, which was different from how he was described to her by others who have played the games.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Yeah i got it with my collector's edition. i think its pretty cool, btw is it the same people that made deathnote?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Bandoor;67215 said:
Yeah i got it with my collector's edition. i think its pretty cool, btw is it the same people that made deathnote?

No, but it was created from the same company. MADHOUSE;)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
So far, there are rumors floating around that AVD has DROPPED the series, which seems odd, since they just started releasing it, and it's only 12 episodes long, which means by june, the whole series would be out. I just sent ADV an email asking about it, but still...I'm hoping it's not true. Reubon's acting alone made the anime at least twice what the japanese was.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
CAYDEN;66945 said:

Same here:

1. Dante will not get punked by a little girl.
2. Dante is not poor.
3. Dante does not have bad luck with woman.
4. Lady's voice sucks badly.
5. Lady and Trish sorta treat Dante like crap especially Lady. And I doubt Lady gets more work then him.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i dont know guys..i got my copy of of dmc4 collectors edition, wich means i got the first 4 episodes as u guys know..and, i didnt see to much wrong with it..i mean yeah..its nothing like the game..and he does seem to get picked on alot by lady and trish...but come on...its not really all that bad...i actually like the anime..it may not be what u expected from a dmc based anime but..its still pretty good in its own right

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I watch the whole series...it is quite good,but not the best...still,not many video games adaptation to anime can beat DMC anime...

Son of Dante 33

i got it with dmc4 ce it was good i knew it wasnt going to be the best anime but it was ok it wasnt any fullmetal alchemist or anything but it was good. i plan on getting the next 2 discs wen they come.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
if i must say,the only thing i will get this anime on DVD is because of Reuben Langdon,and the high quality animations...;)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i dont think any other videogame to anime adaptions can beat dmc..lol, i havent seen any so far that catch my eye..but then again there's alot of anime period that i dont like that other ppl say is great. perfect example..full metal alchemist for whatever its called..alot of ppl love it..its just not my kind of anime..im not saying it isnt done well i will give it props for having atleast something to add to the anime world..i just dont like it for some reason...but as far as dmc goes there are quite afew flaws in the anime but i look past them and just take it to be a really great adaption to the series

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i will admit it is a great anime in its own right..it just seems like the main character is TOO conflicted for me..there's just too much emotion and personal issues with him that trouble me

Top Bottom