• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Arm Coding"

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
If it does make a comeback, they'd better do it like DmC's Definitive Edition, and simply make so not using the right weapons/arms or whatever, simply does less damage and enemies won't react to getting hit.
Swinging around the scythe on some blue enemies and having a red enemy sneak in and disrupt my combos when I don't notice them was annoying as hell.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly I'd dather just see some sort of elemental weakness by enemies, like in DMC3. That way you can beat them easier by using right weapons or harder by using any weapon anyway. I think the only game where color-coding worked for me was Lords of Shadow, and even than mostly because how little enemies attacked you at the same time.

Goldsickle

Dunno if they'll stick to elemental attributes.
That would mean Nero's Exceed abilities would be weak or useless against fire elemental enemies.
I think that's probably the reason why elemental attributes are completely ignored in DMC4.

Dante's gauntlets usually come with an element, like fire or light but Gilgamesh has no elemental attributes.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dunno if they'll stick to elemental attributes.
That would mean Nero's Exceed abilities would be weak or useless against fire elemental enemies.
I think that's probably the reason why elemental attributes are completely ignored in DMC4.

Dante's gauntlets usually come with an element, like fire or light but Gilgamesh has no elemental attributes.
that's why Nero now has mechanic arm. We already saw some lightning attacks so they may add fire etc as well.

Goldsickle

that's why Nero now has mechanic arm. We already saw some lightning attacks so they may add fire etc as well.
If he can alternate between fire and lightning, then elemental attributes may return.
Fire-elemental enemies might resist Exceed, prompting players to switch to the lightning arm.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If he can alternate between fire and lightning, then elemental attributes may return.
Fire-elemental enemies might resist Exceed, prompting players to switch to the lightning arm.
I think it wil be enough if it just has more impact on enemies. I don't think we must get punished for picking wrong weapon.

Goldsickle

I don't think we must get punished for picking wrong weapon.
I dunno, I find it interesting when some enemies require different strategies, like how using a sword the wrong way on Shadows or Sins will screw you or how using Agni & Rudra against Abyss will be less effective.
That's what made Devil May Cry interesting for me to begin, when you're prompted to approach the enemies with care.

But maybe that's more suited for Devil May Cry 1, where it's more of an adventure game with slightly deep combat and even includes other aspects like swimming or shoot-em up sequences.
By DMC3 & DMC4, it feels like it's all about the combo.

But again, I wouldn't mind if they made some enemies strong against certain attacks/elements.

Top Bottom