• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I know you guys have had a lot of spammers lately, and I was thinking...
Maybe you can try having a week long delay on the postings for new members, to keep spammers at bay for a while...
Just a suggestion, since they still seem to be flocking in...:mad:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Wouldn't really change the real situation. The spam bots will still register, and sooner or later they'll still post, so it would be kinda like postponing the problem rather than dealing with it. Now we shoot them dead the moment we encounter them, so I'd say that works better.

Not to mention that some spam bots don't even post. I'm not even sure why they are registering if they're not going to post their stuff but something tells me I'm better off not knowing.

Chimera Khaos

Wouldn't really change the real situation. The spam bots will still register, and sooner or later they'll still post, so it would be kinda like postponing the problem rather than dealing with it. Now we shoot them dead the moment we encounter them, so I'd say that works better.

Not to mention that some spam bots don't even post. I'm not even sure why they are registering if they're not going to post their stuff but something tells me I'm better off not knowing.

I had a feeling you'd say that, but is there no way of stopping these spammers cuz it's really ****ing annoying to the point where you wanna go all whoop@ss on em.

Actually, I do has a question though, mainly directed at Dark Drakan:
Is the lead singer of Stone Sour the same guy that does the vocals for Slipknot, cuz I'm confused.:blink:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I had a feeling you'd say that, but is there no way of stopping these spammers cuz it's really ****ing annoying to the point where you wanna go all whoop@ss on em.

Actually, I do has a question though, mainly directed at Dark Drakan:
Is the lead singer of Stone Sour the same guy that does the vocals for Slipknot, cuz I'm confused.:blink:

Yeah we are deleting hundreds of them daily and tie that with server issues and you have a real pain brewing.

Yeah that is indeed Corey Taylor from Slipknot who fronts Stone Sour.

Chimera Khaos

Yeah we are deleting hundreds of them daily and tie that with server issues and you have a real pain brewing.

Yeah that is indeed Corey Taylor from Slipknot who fronts Stone Sour.

I thought so, would you recommend the album? I know they're releasing the second part sometime next year...

Chimera Khaos

Its a good album yeah, havent listened to it enough yet to be able to pick my favourite tracks but Absolute Zero is a great track.

That's the very first track I heard from them and loved it, as well as Gone Sovereign which apparently both of those songs are meant to be heard together, which makes sense...

Dark Drakan

Admin
That's the very first track I heard from them and loved it, as well as Gone Sovereign which apparently both of those songs are meant to be heard together, which makes sense...

They have 4 albums and they are all good and heres the track together. His vocal talents are showcased more in Stone Sour than Slipknot which is why people are often confused if its the same guy from Slipknot.

Dark Drakan

Admin
4 albums already? Wow, I only knew about the House of Gold and Bones one...
So if Corey's piloting Stone Sour, what about Slipknot?...

Actually, I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7dHBjXnbtk this onebetter, just cause it's live and it shows them...

He does both, they alternate with each other. He does projects with Slipknot then they take a break and all the members have other bands and projects and work on them. Then they reform again and work on Slipknot projects again, Stone Sours first album came out in 2002 but they were around in 1992 and performed for years before going on hiatus and coming back with new lineup (as they are now).

Ive seen both Slipknot and Stone Sour live and they are superb, Corey is a great front man and knows how to work a crowd.

Im at work so had to find a video quick so I wasnt spotted. :p

Chimera Khaos

He does both, they alternate with each other. He does projects with Slipknot then they take a break and all the members have other bands and projects and work on them. Then they reform again and work on Slipknot projects again, Stone Sours first album came out in 2002 but they were around in 1992 and performed for years before going on hiatus and coming back with new lineup (as they are now).

Ive seen both Slipknot and Stone Sour live and they are superb, Corey is a great front man and knows how to work a crowd.

Im at work so had to find a video quick so I wasnt spotted. :p

I think I do remember reading somewhere that Stone Sour's first album came out in 2002, but it was only recently that I heard them on the radio.
Wow, you've seen them live? Dayum, they must be good if you think he's superb.
Haha, typical, I think everyone who's at work always goes onto something else to occupy themselves lol...

Edit: Actually, the one thing I love about Stone Sour is the guitar solos, gotta love it...XP

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think I do remember reading somewhere that Stone Sour's first album came out in 2002, but it was only recently that I heard them on the radio.
Wow, you've seen them live? Dayum, they must be good if you think he's superb.
Haha, typical, I think everyone who's at work always goes onto something else to occupy themselves lol...

Edit: Actually, the one thing I love about Stone Sour is the guitar solos, gotta love it...XP

Yeah theres something commanding about a man in a mask, he simply walked out and stood there and said nothing while gesturing to the crowd with the air raid siren going off and everyone went crazy. Then he told everyone to sit down and when the music hit to 'Jump the f*** up'. Ive never seen 100,000 people all sit down in unison so fast before, he had everyone in the palm of his hand. When the music hit it was just crazy...

They seem to have upped the Guitar solos in this album from what ive heard, Slipknot and Stone Sour have always been quite experimental with their styles which is refreshing.

EXPLICIT WARNING

I was there in that crowd.​

Chimera Khaos

Yeah theres something commanding about a man in a mask, he simply walked out and stood there and said nothing while gesturing to the crowd with the air raid siren going off and everyone went crazy. Then he told everyone to sit down and when the music hit to 'Jump the f*** up'. Ive never seen 100,000 people all sit down in unison so fast before, he had everyone in the palm of his hand. When the music hit it was just crazy...

They seem to have upped the Guitar solos in this album from what ive heard, Slipknot and Stone Sour have always been quite experimental with their styles which is refreshing.
I was there in that crowd.​

The fans must really love them then, I know I'd be jumping until I couldn't feel my legs...
That's great with the new sound they're bringing too, sometimes I think to myself when I listen to Stone Sour, that does not sound like Slipknot at all...which is funny because of Cory singing in both bands...XP

I thought I saw you in there somewhere DarkDrakan, can't miss that sharp dressed man in his suit now can ya?...:p

Dark Drakan

Admin
The fans must really love them then, I know I'd be jumping until I couldn't feel my legs...
That's great with the new sound they're bringing too, sometimes I think to myself when I listen to Stone Sour, that does not sound like Slipknot at all...which is funny because of Cory singing in both bands...XP

I thought I saw you in there somewhere DarkDrakan, can't miss that sharp dressed man in his suit now can ya?...:p

They have quite a dedicated fan following and ive noticed with some tracks you forget that its Corey and Jim Root also of Slipknot in the band and other tracks like Absolute Zero where it blends into a Slipknot sound in parts.

:lol: not very often im in suits besides special occassions.

Chimera Khaos

They have quite a dedicated fan following and ive noticed with some tracks you forget that its Corey and Jim Root also of Slipknot in the band and other tracks like Absolute Zero where it blends into a Slipknot sound in parts.

:lol: not very often im in suits besides special occassions.

Yeah, it wasn't until they mentioned that the singer of the band was Corey of Slipknot, it's like "really?"
But it's not until you know or someone tells you that you compare the voices and recognise it...

Well that must've been one special occasion then!:w00t:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah, it wasn't until they mentioned that the singer of the band was Corey of Slipknot, it's like "really?"
But it's not until you know or someone tells you that you compare the voices and recognise it...

Well that must've been one special occasion then!:w00t:

Weddings and Funerals mainly. :lol:

Top Bottom