• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Back for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Last time I was on here was in... September I believe? Thanks to all who gave me birtday wishes. It helped brighten my day. I have over come the stress of the loss of my two friends. They are in better places and someday I will see them again. :)

I'm going to be graduating from my nursing class November 22nd and I'm very excited! I have been offered positions at a local hospital and nursing home. Made good friends with students in my class and also some who were in the hospital, and I became close with 3 kind eldery ladies in the nursing home. I'm not gonna be there Saturday, so I came to give a woman who will be 92 Saturday a birthday present and visit before work.

The hospital stressed me out the most. I worked the rehab floor first day. The people on the floor and the patients were all so fun. They all had a sense of humor and the CNAs and Nurses took great care of everyone. Some floors I felt like there was not enough work for a CNA to do. My 2nd day and last day of clinicals at the hospital I had to put people in body bags. 1st one was an elderly man who had heart failure. I've seen bodies in caskets, but when they've just died it feels different... I walked in the room cause the nurse on the intercom called my name to go to the room to help the other CNA, and I thought he was asleep or something.

"Uh... No. He's dead." My partner freaked, and I did the least thing I'd think of say, "Oh, cool! I'll help out."

Only think I didn't like is that some blood got on my arm after we removed some tubes, but I washed it really good soon after.

Last day of clinicals I worked cancer ward which is really a hot spot for ghosts if you believe in the paranormal. Some of the nurses said that they knew that sometimes something was there, but it never seemed harmful. I had 3 people die the day of that clinical and had to stay and watch a woman die infront of me because we had to write down every change in temp, O2, and blood pressure until she eventually passed. That one actually got to me... But I did all I could to make her comfortable by changing her, repositioning her, and giving ice to put on her to reduce the temp. She passed away WAY late that night after I left.

This line of work really changed my outlook on a lot of things. I feel like I take stuff more seriously and want to really be with my great-grandmother as much as I can before she goes.

Ehh... Enough of the depressing stuff.

Just wanted to give an update and to let ya'll know I'll be popping by every now and then.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's great that you're back. ^_^ I never really got to know you because there really hasn't been any contact between us since I joined.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry for your loses. Seems like a lot of emotional stuff you've been through. Glad to have you back ^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That is one hectic career path. I can't imagine it being easy to watch someone pass away, or having to move them once they're gone. I've been faced with death a couple of times, and to me it was absolutely horrible because I was helpless to stop it. I think that's what got to me most, not being able to do anything to bring them back, I just kind of shut my mind off. Death is awful in every shape and form.

But my nana used to be a practising nurse, and she's still offering her services up (mostly to the elderly who are in need of an aid) and she's really good at what she does. It has its pros, I believe it's one of those jobs where when you put your feet up at the end of the day you can really say 'I did something good today' and sleep well that night. Helping other people is one of the greatest and most rewarding jobs there are, you won't easily find anything else like it. It's an incredibly good feeling knowing that you made someone happy that day, or you made their day better somehow simply by helping them with this or that. I mean when you know your number is up, you don't sit around moping about what ifs or going into deep depressions and complaining about it all. You make the most of what you've got left, I think.

Anyway, I think it's obvious I never knew you were a nurse. But then we never really chatted on the forum so...anyways, welcome back! Look forward to seeing you around a bit more ^_^

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
It can really take a toll on you. I've been majoring in art for years and it was very laid back. This career has got me on my toes a lot. Never a dull moment though.

A lot of people don't know about me switching my major and when I inform them that I'm a nurse there jaws dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom