• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta makes it into Super Smash Bros. 4 (3DS/WiiU)

Ixbran

Smashing~
The Protagonist of the series that is meant to be the successor to Hideki Kamiya's Devil May Cry series has made it into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. She has gained her spot in the games roster due to the Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, that had been opened a month after the games release back in 2014, and closed in October 2015.

She was voted #1 in Europe and was among the Top 5 in the U.S., and of the characters that were both negotiable and realizable, she ranked #1 Worldwide.

Announcement Trailer

Character/Moveset/Stage Breakdown Trailer

Official Character Render

Click for Bigger

Official Newcomer Poster

Click for Bigger

Costumes

Click for Bigger

Stage: Umbra Clocktower

Click for Bigger
List of Confirmed Music for Wii U version of Bayonetta stage:
*Note: We currently do not know what songs will be available for the 3DS version.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Neat though i'd rather have another Anarchy Reigns instead.
However since it's platinum i'm sure that'll be a nintendo exclusive too.
I could see them doing an HD collection with it being bundled with a Wii U port of the Wii game Mad World, since Anarchy Reigns is sort of a pseudo sequel to Mad World.

Could see them updating the bonus bayonetta guest appearance to be her Bayo2 appearance and move set, instead of her Bayo1, and maybe add the other playable characters from Bayo2's Tag climax mode.

That aside, I'm excited Bayonetta is making it into smash. she was my most wanted character in terms of newcomers for the game, so its finally great to have her get in. And, as the saying goes, always save the best for last <3

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
Bayonetta is on Nintendo because they're the ones that kept her alive.
Pretty much. Hideki Kamiya has stated in an interview they had gone to multiple publishers after Sega initially told them no. They were constantly either told 'no' as well, or potential publishers wanted to change aspects of the game, or have certain parts of it flat out removed, and PlatinumGames did not want to compromise their vision for the game so they decided to shelve the project. They happened to be working with Nintendo at the time on the game The Wonderful 101. When Nintendo herd about PlatinumGames issues with getting a publisher to fund Bayo2, Nintendo offered to pay for the entirety of Bayonetta 2's development. The game would flat out not exist if it weren't for Nintendo. If people have issues with Bayonetta becoming so famous with Nintendo, then they should direct their animosity towards Sega. None of this would be happening if it weren't for them refusing to fund Bayo2's development in the first place.

By the way, what is everyones thoughts on the song choices? Personally I've always felt that Bayonetta games has always had an awesome music selection. I wish they had "You May Call Me Father", "Fly Me to the Moon", and "Moon River", however the songs they did chose are still very awesome~

Last edited by a moderator:

Ixbran

Smashing~
In Celebration of Bayonettas inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 4 Nintendo and Sega will be re-releasing new print copies of Bayonetta 2. Since her announcement for SSB4 her game has seen a boost in sales, however copies of the original print are limited so that is why they are releasing this new series of physical copies. However the re-release comes with a catch, it will not include a physical copy of Bayonetta 1. To make up for this instead of the original $59.99 price tag, this re-release of Bayonetta 2 will only be $29.99.

CYskI2_WYAAe4Sy.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The reactions are what you'd expect from the return of Crash Bandicoot or something :)

I think I've found a new game for my dusty WiiU :)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That new print is actually just EU edition in NA. We had it since long time, and it costs about 15 € new in Germany.

Top Bottom