• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Blacknerds DmC review

Terrutas

Pretty solid review. Fine work on the editing except the music's too loud at times, making us or at least me try hard to hear what you're saying. I do have so disagreements but I'll keep those to myself. Good job.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Where did you get the DmC in-game cutscenes from? Did you rip them direct from the disc? Just wondering because of how good the quality is. ^_^

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Solid review. I think you could have cut down alot of time by not always showing trailers and such. I'm interested in your review, not videos I have already seen. It's a bit weird pacing too when you spend 30 seconds talking and then cut off to another 1 minute video. Another thing, I don't agree with everything you said about the game but that is my opinion.

Otherwise, pretty good.

Blacknerd

Where did you get the DmC in-game cutscenes from? Did you rip them direct from the disc? Just wondering because of how good the quality is. ^_^

Recorded them in game with fraps.
Solid review. I think you could have cut down alot of time by not always showing trailers and such. I'm interested in your review, not videos I have already seen. It's a bit weird pacing too when you spend 30 seconds talking and then cut off to another 1 minute video. Another thing, I don't agree with everything you said about the game but that is my opinion.

Otherwise, pretty good.

Noted and thank you :p

Dante94513

Great review. Very spot on. Though I wish that you had cut the cutscenes and trailers shorter, and there were times where I didn't agree with you (like the bad dialogue with Dante and Succubus which I actually made me laugh, I had fun with the color coded enemies...despite them being annoying at times). But your review well analyzed and you had your ups and downs instead fully praising it nor downright hating.

This is the problem for me. I love this game so much that I would give it a 9.5/10, but I couldn't review it on time. It would be described a unbiased and I have very little problems with the game. Besides 5/6 bosses being underwhelming for me (yes, I thought fighting Vergil was awesome), and some audio problems. Mostly of problems people were talking about, I can easily get over.

Blacknerd

Great review. Very spot on. Though I wish that you had cut the cutscenes and trailers shorter, and there were times where I didn't agree with you (like the bad dialogue with Dante and Succubus which I actually made me laugh, I had fun with the color coded enemies...despite them being annoying at times). But your review well analyzed and you had your ups and downs instead fully praising it nor downright hating.

This is the problem for me. I love this game so much that I would give it a 9.5/10, but I couldn't review it on time. It would be described a unbiased and I have very little problems with the game. Besides 5/6 bosses being underwhelming for me (yes, I thought fighting was awesome), and some audio problems. Mostly of problems people were talking about, I can easily get over.

I didnt mind the succubus scene but I used that for comedy sake in terms of saying it sounds stupid. Which I thought it did sound stupid lol but in a hah hah kina way.

Honestly the color coded enemies bug me when it gets mixed together. I.e. The witch and two rages of both colors.

but thanks :) ill def make the vergil review shorter than this.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just thought, did you make a recording of your first playthrough? That would have been interesting to hear your initial reaction to the game while you were playing it.

IncarnatedDemon

cuz then people who like that approach will enjoy game more.I hate most reviews. Because most people lie about DmC and judge it without taking into account if the gameppay is new, equal to or better than previous games. and theyramble on and make fe
w points that are shallow. They do same with Rising.
And its seems many people give their user experience instead of review.

ur review is not like that.

Her is something to think about: if u dont judge DmC gameplay based on Best iteration of DMC, then most standard games will be 9/10 irelevant if they arebinnovative or not.
I judged Risingcombo depth based on DMC, even though Rising is brand new HnS. BUT because Rising is going for combos its a right thing for me to do. But that doesnt mean Rising is bad. It wud be better if it had more combo depth

Blacknerd

Just thought, did you make a recording of your first playthrough? That would have been interesting to hear your initial reaction to the game while you were playing it.

lol no I beat it multiple times on PS3 before hand

Top Bottom