• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom releases DMC 5, will you support it (buy at mid-high price)?

Will you support DMC 5 by buying the game at a mid-high price?

• I will buy it when its below 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pirate it if there is PC release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Sure, but it'll have to be INCREDIBLE to get me to do it at full price.

I'll vote assuming it is even though i doubt it would be in reality.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
That's prejudice. Just because they got into DMC through DmC, they can't vote?

As for me, it's a maybe. Capcom have yet to prove they can make a good DMC game with both quality and quantity. All I ever get out of DMC as a series is a crap story, dull characters that pale in comparison to Dante, unmemorable locations, and a Dante that's either boring, or an annoying douchebag, or in DmC's case both.

But who knows, maybe they'll hire better writers and designers to do a DMC5. So for me, its a maybe.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

As for me, it's a maybe. Capcom have yet to prove they can make a good DMC game with both quality and quantity. All I ever get out of DMC as a series is a crap story, dull characters that pale in comparison to Dante, unmemorable locations, and a Dante that's either boring, or an annoying douchebag, or in DmC's case both.

But who knows, maybe they'll hire better writers and designers to do a DMC5. So for me, its a maybe.
He's not that bad in the originals. He just changes that's all. That's why I always think of them as different characters just with the same names.

And for me, a maybe too.

Bazilican

He's not that bad in the originals. He just changes that's all. That's why I always think of them as different characters just with the same names.

He is to me though. His character is so inconsistent with each other. I can understand the transition from 3 to 1, but suddenly 4 he aged backwards, and in 2 he aged even more forward? Now, I don't like DmC's Dante at all, but at least with that Dante, he actually HAD a consistent character. Sure he started out as a boring, stereotypical wanna be bad boy, but at least his character changed into wanting to do something about the demons instead of just doing whatever.

IncarnatedDemon

If you didn't know what DMC was until DmC appeared then i dont think ur qualified for the poll.
DMC had four games. If you missed all four of them and only got to know if it because of DmC, then i dont need to consider you a DMC fan on same level as others.

EDIT:
And i havent excluded DmC fans from this thread. I said just to comment instead of voting.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
He is to me though. His character is so inconsistent with each other. I can understand the transition from 3 to 1, but suddenly 4 he aged backwards, and in 2 he aged even more forward? Now, I don't like DmC's Dante at all, but at least with that Dante, he actually HAD a consistent character. Sure he started out as a boring, stereotypical wanna be bad boy, but at least his character changed into wanting to do something about the demons instead of just doing whatever.
That's what I mean by viewing them as different characters, they're never the same. With the timeline thing it's because they did a reboot/prequel after DMC2 with DMC3, fans liked that version of him and they stuck with it in DMC4, rather than keeping consistent by bringing back more of his mature side from DMC1.

And I don't think they did nothing. Dante's goal is stopping demons. DmC's good since it developed more stuff behind why and what could lead him to go into the demon hunting business. But it's like I said in the past, of the original Dantes, DMC1 is my favorite, even if that game is dated now by today's standards. After 2, it got too show off and over the top at times. Still fun but it is different.

Bazilican

If you didn't know what DMC was until DmC appeared then i dont think ur qualified for the poll.
DMC had four games. If you missed all four of them and only got to know if it because of DmC, then i dont need to consider you a DMC fan on same level as others.

EDIT:
And i havent excluded DmC fans from this thread. I said just to comment instead of voting.

Level? Now there's a level to being a DMC fan? I thought all who enjoyed Devil May Cry as a whole were fans, not "you're a fan but there's higher a anarchy of fans".

aoshi

Capcom have yet to prove they can make a good DMC game with both quality and quantity.

First, DMC is a capcom copyright franchise. They don't have to prove anything cuz they own the franchise and they can do hell with it. If you want your own DMC game, produce it yourself and stop blaming capcom for your distaste on the franchise.

All I ever get out of DMC as a series is a crap story, dull characters that pale in comparison to Dante, unmemorable locations, and a Dante that's either boring, or an annoying douchebag, or in DmC's case both.

Bitch please.
rsz1funny.png

Bazilican

First, DMC is a capcom copyright franchise. They don't have to prove anything cuz they own the franchise and they can do hell with it. If you want your own DMC game, produce it yourself and stop blaming capcom for your distaste on the franchise.

It's Capcom's fault for not delivering up on making DMC a truly great game series. I'm just making note of it. no big deal.

Bitch please.
rsz1funny.png

Don't call me a bitch just cause you can't take my criticism.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i will only pre-order it if i see something that is supercool, like if bloody palace had more arenas or if there were more costumes available. or if i pre-order i could get super dante or start out with more moves. maybe even if it came with extra concept art in the art gallery. other than that, i'll do what i usually do and wait for the game to drop a few bucks ($5-10 maybe)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If you didn't know what DMC was until DmC appeared then i dont think ur qualified for the poll. Why should it be that people who got into DMC because of DmC can't vote? I know a few who bought the HD collection because of DmC.
Don't start with fans and 'levels' of fans. A fan is a fan regardless. No one sets rules who is a fan. Or are we on about this 'true fan' nonsense again?
EDIT:
I'm a fan of DmC, but been playing DMC ever since 1 came out.
Anyway, if DMC5 came out, it would be a preorder for me because I'd want to get it on release day, plus I hope there'd be bonuses for preordering. So, that's what I voted for.
Besides, it wouldn't be $60 where I am...more like £35-£40 which is reasonable for a new game.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I think I'd buy it only once the price got a bit down, but that's because I am quite broke, sadly... In this period I have to spend my money in different things sadly.

I came to knew DMC some years ago, and fell in love with the game. I played DMC1, 3 and 4 in rapid succession, and I felt I couldn't get enough of them. I had been a hater of DmC before it came out. I then changed my mind, but I still think that DMC is a great game. I have always respected those who were willing to engage in civilised discussion in this forum, and I have great respect for DMC fans who don't like DmC. Some of my favorite posters here are DMC fans. And I think I always tried to be civilised and respectful in my discussions here, and tried to praise both series each for their merits.
I say that now, before anyone may think that what I'm going to say next is caused by a biased perspective of a DmC fan.

I think that excluding fans who got to know the franchise from DmC is really unrespectful. Even more so if it is justified by saying that you don't consider them fans at the same level of "older" fans. Being a fan is not a matter of merit, nor of years spent playing a game. Being a fan is simply a matter of loving a franchise, no matter how one comes to love it.
If so, then I should never listen to what my best friend says about, for example, Game of Thrones, simply because she came to know those fandoms later, and through the tv series instead of reading the books first. Or I should never be entitled to speak about those games because I do not know the gameplay mechanics to their depth.
This is a free forum, that is designed to be open for free discussion (obviously, until is conducted in a respectful manner). No one here is more entitled than others to express his opinion on a matter, provided that he does so in a respectful manner.
So I would really like you give me a really good explanation of why a DmC fan's opinion in this matter is not relevant, an explanation that does not include judgements of "lower" and "higher" levels of being a fan.
What if a DmC fan says he would buy DMC5 at pre-order price? Would it not be a signal that, although he got to know it "only" because of DmC, still the DMC series really struck a chord in him? That he really liked it? Is he not a fan like all the others, since this is a signal he came to love the DMC series, like all DMC fans do?

I am sorry for this wall of text, guys, but I didn't appreciate at all Incarnated's post, and I thought I should give an explanation. That said, I do not want to start a flamewar, and I hope my post does not come out as too offensive. I respect you, Incarnated, as a person and a fan, but those words you said... I didn't like them at all. Sorry. I find them quite lacking in respect.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Hey, get your head out of your butt so you can actually see what you're typing.

IncarnatedDemon

I apologize. Things came out wrong.

Why the poll isnt for the fans who became fans after DmC is because DmC fans were never attatched to DMC games or characters prior to DmC announcement or release.
Therefor they did not go through same thing as a DMC fan.

A DmC fan who enjoyed DmC or is for DmC, isnt right person to ask. Because DmC fans (speaking of DmC fans only now) never went through the thing that a DMC fan did.
DMC fan had something they like rebooted.

Dante was rebooted
Even the gameplay was changed up

Hence my poll is directed at DMC fans who have gone through reboot, and asking if they would still support Capcom after what they did to DMC i.e reboot it into DmC.
Whats even more excluding is that the poll is meant only to be answered by people who are fans of DMC only.

When i think about it the poll isnt meant to be answered by a DmC fan, or a fan of DmC + DMC, only by a DMC fan.

It's not about exclusion. Its to see if DMC fans and again DMC fans only, not a fan of both DmC and DMC, would still support Capcom after the reboot.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
This poll is for DMC fans. So if your a DmC fan who got to know DMC because of DmC, then please dont vote in the poll, however you can express your thoughts with a comment.
I repeat: PLEASE dont vote in poll if you werent a DMC fan prior to DmC!
And by fan i mean someone who liked alot of DMC.

So this poll is directed at DMC fans. So fans go ahead and vote in the poll.

i am a strange case. i had already played DMC3 and DMC4 but haven't played DMC1 or 2. I became aware of DmC just as i was getting into devil may cry. so am i unqualified to vote?

IncarnatedDemon

i am a strange case. i had already played DMC3 and DMC4 but haven't played DMC1 or 2. I became aware of DmC just as i was getting into devil may cry. so am i unqualified to vote?
Anyone who played DMC games, at least 1 game and considered themself a fan and was attatched to the character or the gameplay, is qualified to vote.

+1 restriction
- You cant be a DmC fan

Which means if your fan of both the original and reboot, then you shouldnt vote.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Anyone who played DMC games, at least 1 game and considered themself a fan and was attatched to the character or the gameplay, is qualified to vote.

+1 restriction
- You cant be a DmC fan

Which means if your fan of both the original and reboot, then you shouldnt vote.

does that mean i have to hate DmC? i mean, i don't like it as much as the classics but i don't think we should burn it with the fires of hell either. oh the conflict

Top Bottom