• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

It is an essential analysis of the series. DMC is about fighting. It is more honorable to die in battle than at home on the toilet or watching TV.

I don't understand your second sentence. They do use spaces in books. Is your spacebar broken?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^If it were a Visual Novel,I'm sure you wouldn't say this.It's not about just fighting.Dante's story has more to it.Also : "Don't Judge before the end."Death doesn't matter as much as life does.

They do?Never noticed it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;265167 said:
It is an essential analysis of the series. DMC is about fighting. It is more honorable to die in battle than at home on the toilet or watching TV.

I don't understand your second sentence. They do use spaces in books. Is your spacebar broken?

English actually isn't his first language, and his space bar can't be broken if he's putting them between words.

moseslmpg

Oh right :p I didn't notice that I wasn't noticing them between words.

Anyway, my point was just that dying on the battlefield would make sense given the type of game DMC. I'm sure a novel would be different since it is a novel and not a game, and novels serve to illustrate things peripheral to the main action of the series.

Briefly

Ok, so I made this profile to post this on the off-chance that someone from Capcom might take it into consideration.

So what do I think should be in the next DMC? For starters, explain and expand on Nero's background, please. Apparently he was an orphan but NO ONE noticed the ol' demon hand he had growing there? Is that image that floats behind him when he DTs Vergil? Is that Nero's arm Vergil's or something? Please Capcom, fill in these plot holes.

In the likely event we get to play as Nero again, he needs some flashier moves. The Blue Rose behaves too much like a handicapped Ebony & Ivory, and while the charged shots pack a satisfying punch, I'd like to see Normal Shot amped up a bit (as in, slower, louder, and more powerful). It looks like a Smith & Wesson magnum, so let's see it shoot like one, dammit!
The Exceed gauge is cool, but I think it needs a little more to it. Since the Red Queen's hilt looks like a bike's handlebar, why don't we build on that and make Nero summon a demonic motorcycle that he whips around as one of his maxed out moves?
And since Dante lets Nero keep Yamato at the end of the DMC4, how bout incorporating that into gameplay? Using it as a different style would give Nero's combat options a little more variety. Swinging the same sword 9/10 of the time as Nero got a little old for me.

And I think Dante should play some role in the next game, because it just wouldn't be Devil May Cry without Dante. Vergil, I don't know. DMC4 made many allusions to him (the most obvious being the presence of Yamato), so it feels like he's coming back somehow. I'd be excited for this if this meant getting to play as Vergil again, because I really enjoyed it in DMC 3's Special Edition.

I also think co-op would be super awesome, but I personally think it should be restricted to some sort of challenge mode. I'll point to Resident Evil 5 as an example. While I did have a blast playing splitscreen with my best friend, all the fans boohooed that it wasn't scary, and I think having a second player watching the others back really destroyed alot of the tension that other games in the series made. For Devil May Cry, I think it would cheapen some of the series' reputation for being challenging if the main campaign was co-op. However, some mode where one player is Dante and the other is Vergil would be incredibly badass. The boss battle with Arkham in DMC3 felt like a hint of what could launch the series to new heights, but at the same time it shouldn't replace the tried and true formula the series has stuck to for so long.

...And that's about all I can organize my thoughts into as of now.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Briefly;265277 said:
Ok, so I made this profile to post this on the off-chance that someone from Capcom might take it into consideration.

So what do I think should be in the next DMC? For starters, explain and expand on Nero's background, please. Apparently he was an orphan but NO ONE noticed the ol' demon hand he had growing there? Is that image that floats behind him when he DTs Vergil? Is that Nero's arm Vergil's or something? Please Capcom, fill in these plot holes.

In the likely event we get to play as Nero again, he needs some flashier moves. The Blue Rose behaves too much like a handicapped Ebony & Ivory, and while the charged shots pack a satisfying punch, I'd like to see Normal Shot amped up a bit (as in, slower, louder, and more powerful). It looks like a Smith & Wesson magnum, so let's see it shoot like one, dammit!
The Exceed gauge is cool, but I think it needs a little more to it. Since the Red Queen's hilt looks like a bike's handlebar, why don't we build on that and make Nero summon a demonic motorcycle that he whips around as one of his maxed out moves?
And since Dante lets Nero keep Yamato at the end of the DMC4, how bout incorporating that into gameplay? Using it as a different style would give Nero's combat options a little more variety. Swinging the same sword 9/10 of the time as Nero got a little old for me.

And I think Dante should play some role in the next game, because it just wouldn't be Devil May Cry without Dante. Vergil, I don't know. DMC4 made many allusions to him (the most obvious being the presence of Yamato), so it feels like he's coming back somehow. I'd be excited for this if this meant getting to play as Vergil again, because I really enjoyed it in DMC 3's Special Edition.

I also think co-op would be super awesome, but I personally think it should be restricted to some sort of challenge mode. I'll point to Resident Evil 5 as an example. While I did have a blast playing splitscreen with my best friend, all the fans boohooed that it wasn't scary, and I think having a second player watching the others back really destroyed alot of the tension that other games in the series made. For Devil May Cry, I think it would cheapen some of the series' reputation for being challenging if the main campaign was co-op. However, some mode where one player is Dante and the other is Vergil would be incredibly badass. The boss battle with Arkham in DMC3 felt like a hint of what could launch the series to new heights, but at the same time it shouldn't replace the tried and true formula the series has stuck to for so long.

...And that's about all I can organize my thoughts into as of now.

I have just one criticism. I think a co-op mode for the campaign would be great. And it's optional too, you don't have to do co-op if you don't want to. It wouldn't hurt the game at all, I think.

Other than that... I think you're pretty spot on with everything. Just that one minor gripe I had, is all.

Briefly

DreadnoughtDT;265278 said:
I have just one criticism. I think a co-op mode for the campaign would be great. And it's optional too, you don't have to do co-op if you don't want to. It wouldn't hurt the game at all, I think.

Other than that... I think you're pretty spot on with everything. Just that one minor gripe I had, is all.

Thank you, sir. :)
So you're suggesting something more along the lines of Halo 3, where you can play it by yourself or with friends?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Briefly;265390 said:
Thank you, sir. :)
So you're suggesting something more along the lines of Halo 3, where you can play it by yourself or with friends?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

And sir? Dude, I'm only 15. Being called "sir" is a bit... Unorthodox! XD

Vembumees

I'm a major fan of the Devil May Cry series, I am very eager to wait with what engine upgrade capcome comes up with in dmc5, since dmc4 engine is the smoothest and most beautiful engine I've yet seen, and I always pretty much play all the games which come out. Since I am hoping someone indeed from Capcom reads this forum (which is hugely douptful tho), I'll say what I didn't like the most in DMC4. Devil May Cry is my favourite game, to be exact, Devil May Cry 3, and that is, due to the boss fights, which are very well made and full of adrenaline. I still play Devil May Cry 3, and that is only because of the brilliant boss fights, which never get old. And the boss fights which don't get old, are Vergil's. Vergil fights are my all-time favourite bossfights in all games, fighting with Vergil is like fighting with a mirror, and Vergil is quick and has style. Vergil has offered me the most fun hours of gameplay ever, every time I reinstall DMC3, I just download a savegame, put dante must die on, pop swordfighter style, rebellion and switch mission 20 and fight for my life, fights lasting for ~30 minutes or even longer. Devil May Cry 3 was and is the most fun game ever in my list, and I believe I will keep playing it until PCs can't run it anymore. Devil May Cry 4 was a huge dissapointment for me, since it didn't offer any proper similiar epic swordfights, only boss because of who I play Devil May Cry 4 after finishing the game, is Credo (oh the amazing lighting in that bossfight!). And that one doesn't even offer half of the epicness as Vergil. And maybe it's just me, but Sanctus fights were the lamest boss fights I've ever had. So, what I'd like to see in DMC5, are some proper epic swordplay fights against humanic form demons, who play the same was as you, offering a great and fun swordplay challenge at the greatest difficulties. Even a doppelganger would be great, for example who has all the skills as you have and fights as a mirror, not like the doppelganger in dmc3. And please, procceed with the music style as it was in dmc3, that was some epic ****.
Make boss fights more epic and more interesting, less repetative (I didn't like dmc4 bosses at all, in dmc3 I liked all of them, except rudna and agnus, favourites - vergil, nevan, Beowulf).

Story goes as it goes, I wouldn't like to see anything what the fans want, I'd like to see the unexpected, and twists. And great music. But personally, I'd like to see an episode where it really goes downfall for the good characters, and that the evil side actually wins as well.

Briefly

DreadnoughtDT;265392 said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

And sir? Dude, I'm only 15. Being called "sir" is a bit... Unorthodox! XD

Haha! Well, politeness on new forums is a bit of netiquette I've picked up.

Briefly

Vembumees;265434 said:
I'm a major fan of the Devil May Cry series, I am very eager to wait with what engine upgrade capcome comes up with in dmc5, since dmc4 engine is the smoothest and most beautiful engine I've yet seen, and I always pretty much play all the games which come out. Since I am hoping someone indeed from Capcom reads this forum (which is hugely douptful tho), I'll say what I didn't like the most in DMC4. Devil May Cry is my favourite game, to be exact, Devil May Cry 3, and that is, due to the boss fights, which are very well made and full of adrenaline. I still play Devil May Cry 3, and that is only because of the brilliant boss fights, which never get old. And the boss fights which don't get old, are Vergil's. Vergil fights are my all-time favourite bossfights in all games, fighting with Vergil is like fighting with a mirror, and Vergil is quick and has style. Vergil has offered me the most fun hours of gameplay ever, every time I reinstall DMC3, I just download a savegame, put dante must die on, pop swordfighter style, rebellion and switch mission 20 and fight for my life, fights lasting for ~30 minutes or even longer. Devil May Cry 3 was and is the most fun game ever in my list, and I believe I will keep playing it until PCs can't run it anymore. Devil May Cry 4 was a huge dissapointment for me, since it didn't offer any proper similiar epic swordfights, only boss because of who I play Devil May Cry 4 after finishing the game, is Credo (oh the amazing lighting in that bossfight!). And that one doesn't even offer half of the epicness as Vergil. And maybe it's just me, but Sanctus fights were the lamest boss fights I've ever had. So, what I'd like to see in DMC5, are some proper epic swordplay fights against humanic form demons, who play the same was as you, offering a great and fun swordplay challenge at the greatest difficulties. Even a doppelganger would be great, for example who has all the skills as you have and fights as a mirror, not like the doppelganger in dmc3. And please, procceed with the music style as it was in dmc3, that was some epic ****.
Make boss fights more epic and more interesting, less repetative (I didn't like dmc4 bosses at all, in dmc3 I liked all of them, except rudna and agnus, favourites - vergil, nevan, Beowulf).

Story goes as it goes, I wouldn't like to see anything what the fans want, I'd like to see the unexpected, and twists. And great music. But personally, I'd like to see an episode where it really goes downfall for the good characters, and that the evil side actually wins as well.

I agree with you for the most part. The fights with Vergil were insane, and Credo ended up being my favorite boss in DMC4.

crash

They could make a whole new series about him. And the series would be named: NeroMayCry (we all saw it multiple times).Personally I don't care for his story nor I like his personality. And how the hell did he manage to stop Berial sword with his LEFT hand?? Isn't he suppose to be human? Another DMC with him as a main character? Honestly I would prefer playing as Kyrie... DMC is about Dante not some Dante wannabe kid. The only thing Nero is good for is getting possessed by Vergil xD Vergil and DMC1 Dante were the only characters that were well written in my opinion. I want Vergil to be back in DMC5 with his own story. Nero got the spot light in DMC4 while Vergil got some rubbish addon with no real story. We don't know anything about him. How did he survive when Dante thought him dead all this years? What did he do before he met Arkham? Why did he seek power? Although If they can't make a reasonable come back for Vergil he's better off dead. Nero got his chick, saved the day now he can go to wonderland to play family and leave the demon slaying to the grownups ;) Gameplay wise I want guns with limited ammo that actually do some damage. Seeing Dante reload from time to time would be refreshing :D

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
crash;266439 said:
They could make a whole new series about him. And the series would be named: NeroMayCry (we all saw it multiple times).Personally I don't care for his story nor I like his personality. And how the hell did he manage to stop Berial sword with his LEFT hand?? Isn't he suppose to be human? Another DMC with him as a main character? Honestly I would prefer playing as Kyrie... DMC is about Dante not some Dante wannabe kid. The only thing Nero is good for is getting possessed by Vergil xD Vergil and DMC1 Dante were the only characters that were well written in my opinion. I want Vergil to be back in DMC5 with his own story. Nero got the spot light in DMC4 while Vergil got some rubbish addon with no real story. We don't know anything about him. How did he survive when Dante thought him dead all this years? What did he do before he met Arkham? Why did he seek power? Although If they can't make a reasonable come back for Vergil he's better off dead. Nero got his chick, saved the day now he can go to wonderland to play family and leave the demon slaying to the grownups ;) Gameplay wise I want guns with limited ammo that actually do some damage. Seeing Dante reload from time to time would be refreshing :D

1. the biased, unreasonable, anti-Nero rant was totally pointless.

2. limited ammo would not fit dmc. it's a stylish action game. running out of ammo mid combo and having to run around and look for more bullets is not stylish. interrupting a SSS combo to reload E&I is not stylish. killing enemies with a few well placed shots is not stylish. if you want that type of gameplay Capcom makes a little seres called Resident Evil.

crash

darkslayer13;266639 said:
1. the biased, unreasonable, anti-Nero rant was totally pointless.

2. limited ammo would not fit dmc. it's a stylish action game. running out of ammo mid combo and having to run around and look for more bullets is not stylish. interrupting a SSS combo to reload E&I is not stylish. killing enemies with a few well placed shots is not stylish. if you want that type of gameplay Capcom makes a little seres called Resident Evil.

1. It was not totally pointless... It made me feel better :p Seriously how could someone suggest killing off Dante in a DMC game? If someone is to die it's the new guy.

2. Maybe. But shooting just for kicks is kinda pointless. The weapons need some upgrade and it needs to be balanced somehow.

"running out of ammo mid combo and having to run around and look for more bullets is not stylish"

Not necessarily. They could add some bullet time while reloading in a combo . The camera zooms to Dante, he reloads with some fancy move and blasts the enemies head off (or just continues the combo). Ammo can be found mid level or you could buy it from the statues at the save points.Pandora's box could still be unlimited... God I hope I see that weapon again.

envoyknight

Here's what i think- There should definitely be a 2-Disc set telling what happened to vergil after the fight with Dante, they could include Nero's past as well and focus on it a little more (that goes for vergil as well and he should be able to fight with Nero/Dante as well), and Sparta should have some play in this because all people ever did was talk about him (Let's see what he can do!), I think they should all have to fight Mundous in first dmc series- he would be accompanied with new minions/powers therefore causing Nero/Dante/Vergil and Sparta to get new powers. I believe this would be a great starting point in the storyline for DMC5. They should bring back Dantes action styles (Royal guard, trickster, etc...), He should be given pandora and of some of his weopons from DMC3....only they get a power boost or upgrade, and focusing on devil trigger should be a priority as well. This is strictly my fan-based opinion

Reading the Trauma

A prequel spanning from before Sparda Sealed the Demon World up, to Dante and Vergil being born, ending at his disappearence. Perhaps telling us what happened to him at that time.

Who can resist Dante and Vergil as cute children, anyway. <3

Vampi

envoyknight;267891 said:
Here's what i think- There should definitely be a 2-Disc set telling what happened to vergil after the fight with Dante, they could include Nero's past as well and focus on it a little more (that goes for vergil as well and he should be able to fight with Nero/Dante as well), and Sparta should have some play in this because all people ever did was talk about him (Let's see what he can do!), I think they should all have to fight Mundous in first dmc series- he would be accompanied with new minions/powers therefore causing Nero/Dante/Vergil and Sparta to get new powers. I believe this would be a great starting point in the storyline for DMC5. They should bring back Dantes action styles (Royal guard, trickster, etc...), He should be given pandora and of some of his weopons from DMC3....only they get a power boost or upgrade, and focusing on devil trigger should be a priority as well. This is strictly my fan-based opinion

Please use spaces inbetween your sentences. Nobody likes reading walls of text.

First, why 2 disc? Blu-ray could hold all of that content on one disc. And i'm sure a 2-layer DVD can hold that for the Xbox 360 version.

Second, Sparda should have no play on it except in flashbacks where there's no chance of failure cause Sparda is that damn godly.

Third, Mundus is sealed up. We won't see him for a very long time. Let it stay that way.

Fourth, I think the DMC 4 novel stated that Dante sells his DA's. So he should get brand new DA's instead.

Reading the Trauma;267975 said:
A prequel spanning from before Sparda Sealed the Demon World up, to Dante and Vergil being born, ending at his disappearence. Perhaps telling us what happened to him at that time.

Who can resist Dante and Vergil as cute children, anyway. <3

No. Don't let Capcom touch Sparda AT ALL! They would ruin his legend. And i'd only like to see young Dante and Vergil in a flashback...that's non-playable of course.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I honestly don't care.

It seems to me that DMC 4 is now part of the past. The future is DMC 5, which isn't here. Whatever happened before is of no concern to me. I would never base future story lines on past story lines. Stories need to continue. To start, and to end. And DMC has probably past its middle, imo. So we are near the end. If Capcom kill Nero or Dante, Idc. If they bring Vergil back, Idc. I just want the game in my 360, and a controller in my hand. At the end of the day, we all know what we want to see.

It'll either be epic, or sheer disappointment.

All I am saying is, be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom