• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Donte be cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
What is it with these "Vampires" we have these days?
They are immune to sunlight and they don't need blood to survive and they don't live in a castle or belong to a noble house!

...And they sparkle in the sun.
Honestly, I bet the guys who wrote these things can't make a decent trade.
Don't forget the lack of a certain accent.

OT:
Rice_straw.jpg

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
They are immune to sunlight and they don't need blood to survive and they don't live in a castle or belong to a noble house!

Dracula himself was not hurt by sunlight in the original novel ( it did prevent him from using his powers but he could still freely wander around during the day.)

i have never heard of a vampire that doesn't need blood (if you are referring to Twilight with this one you are incorrect)

the vast majority of vampires throughout legends, folklore and fiction have not been nobility.

the sparkling... alright i admit that the sparkling is terrible but the movie made it a lot worse than in the book.

one topic: ... there isn't really anything to say on topic other than that his name is Dante ( he says it himself in the first trailer so there isn't really any room for confusion.)

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Pale imitations of the first and best, lacking in originality and doomed to never catch on in anything but the tiniest circles

Much like Donte himself ( ̄ー ̄)

All Stars > SSBB. SSBB doesn't even have any combos LOL.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

hi, id like to introduce you to my good friend Alucard
Hellsing_OVA_2_screenshot_by_damagecom.jpg

he isnt weak against sunlight and walks in the day casually infact he considers any vampire who IS hurt by sunlight to be "weak pussies". he doesnt drink human blood out of any harsh, painful twisted desire he just does it as it keeps him in tip top murdering condition. he does live in a luscious mansion...but is merely a servant of the master of the estate. Vampires arent any weaker these days. you just gotta know where to look :D

IncarnatedDemon

Considering allstar is most about characters...id say smash is better. Whats point with allstar if allstarz arent in it.
my point i wud buy game like that mostly for the characters. Otherwise i can go play a better fight game

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Considering allstar is most about characters...id say smash is better. Whats point with allstar if allstarz arent in it.
my point i wud buy game like that mostly for the characters. Otherwise i can go play a better fight game
Smash is the better game. It does hold depth and stands on its own as a great fighter overall. Not to brag but, I'm a really good Smash Bros. player as I even compete in tournaments. The ones that host hundreds of players. Won before as well. Anyone who says Smash isn't one of the hardcore fighting games is dead wrong. They don't play with players like us.

I've always been a fighting game fan and it's the only genre I go to when it comes to tournaments. Can't compete like I use to with a part time job and school. I'm kind of just babbling now.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Consider the following:
4d54549865b0d.jpg

Dante has quite a habit of crossing over into other games; he's appeared in Viewtiful Joe, the much beloved Shin Megami Tensei series, and most recently Marvel vs. Capcom 3: one of the largest and most popular games in the fighting game community. All of this, of course, is on top of his own series of games that set a new standard for their genre.
nocturne-dante.jpg

His weird cousin who sits by himself at lunch, Donte, is less prolific; having appeared in his own game which failed to reach the heights of success that Dante's worst missteps did, and...
468px-Bkg_homewiki.jpg

that one game that did so poorly Sony cut all ties with the devs after a couple weeks

Could Donte simply be cursed to appear in failures? Or worse, is there just something about him that attracts financial ruin? So far he's 2/4 down; but we'll need to see his performance in a JRPG and a side scroller for conclusive results.

Discuss amongst yourselves. 'v'

As well as Capcom going back to internal development and as DmC fans are saying "Blaming western devs for declining in quality".

Yeah I would say DmC and DmC Dante is either cursed or has extremely bad luck.

Maybe its because its video game reboot and those rarely ever work out.

Game reboots either go 3 ways.

1. They're so bad and so hated and so poorly recieved they not only bomb but kill the original series too (Bomberman Act Zero).
2. They're hated or not so well recieved to the point they go back to the original series (Bionic Commando).
3. They do well both in reception and sales/fans that they continue it....well usually not really (Tomb Raider).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As well as Capcom going back to internal development and as DmC fans are saying "Blaming western devs for declining in quality".

Yeah I would say DmC and DmC Dante is either cursed or has extremely bad luck.

Maybe its because its video game reboot and those rarely ever work out.

Game reboots either go 3 ways.

1. They're so bad and so hated and so poorly recieved they not only bomb but kill the original series too (Bomberman Act Zero).
2. They're hated or not so well recieved to the point they go back to the original series (Bionic Commando).
3. They do well both in reception and sales/fans that they continue it....well usually not really (Tomb Raider).
Don't even humor this guy. This original thread topic is stupid and doesn't make any sense. It just screams butthurt. Another person just upset things didn't go his way.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Don't even humor this guy. This original thread topic is stupid and doesn't make any sense. It just screams butthurt. Another person just upset things didn't go his way.

I really don't care what his thread is about. I can reply to any thread I want whether it makes sense or not.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

he isnt weak against sunlight and walks in the day casually infact he considers any vampire who IS hurt by sunlight to be "weak pussies". he doesnt drink human blood out of any harsh, painful twisted desire he just does it as it keeps him in tip top murdering condition. he does live in a luscious mansion...but is merely a servant of the master of the estate. Vampires arent any weaker these days. you just gotta know where to look :D
Thank God someone brought HIM up. :D

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton

634.jpg

I would like you to meet someone who is more badass them him.(In my opinion)

I Make The Devils Cry

Doesn't change the fact he doesn't mind some blood every now and then, and not just because it keeps him on his game,].

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
634.jpg

I would like you to meet someone who is more badass them him.(In my opinion)

In my honest opinion, nope.:p

No offense, but Alucard would murder Kain.

Not that kain is not completely badass, because he really is, just not as badass as Alucard IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom