• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DANTE VS KRATOS THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

who would win dante or kratos in an all out match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
The Phantarch;25441 said:
Yes but that was on Mundus. How many times do I have to say this? A god is more powerful than a demon, therefore a demonic blade cannot harm a god.

how the hell would you know a demon like mundus couldn't stand up to a god like ares, or that a demon weapon couldn't hurt a god?

besides, who are you referring to when you say a god, ares or kratos?

FOR THE LAST TIME, KRATOS IS NO LONGER A GOD, SO STOP GIVING HIM THE "GODS CAN'T BE BEATEN" ADVANTAGE!!!!!!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Kratos becomes a god at the end of God of War 1 and I don't have 2 so I just have to go with current knowledge. Anyway the question refers to Kratos as The God of war so revise your statement Blood Knight. Anyway Kratos has divine weaponry, which at no stage does he lose, which is one step up from demonic weaponry. I don't care what you say because depriving him of those is like removing all of Dante's weapons and then some so your argument has little validity. He could be killed either by another deity or one with Pandora's box as an asset and that is it. Also, Dante is only half Sparda so try to look at it logically, A god of war against a half demon human. Hmmmm I wonder who the winner would be (clears throat).

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
The Phantarch;25459 said:
Kratos becomes a god at the end of God of War 1 and I don't have 2 so I just have to go with current knowledge. Anyway the question refers to Kratos as The God of war so revise your statement Blood Knight. Anyway Kratos has divine weaponry, which at no stage does he lose, which is one step up from demonic weaponry. I don't care what you say because depriving him of those is like removing all of Dante's weapons and then some so your argument has little validity. He could be killed either by another deity or one with Pandora's box as an asset and that is it. Also, Dante is only half Sparda so try to look at it logically, A god of war against a half demon human. Hmmmm I wonder who the winner would be (clears throat).

1. i personally think that comparing them when kratos is a god is a little unfair. thats why i mentioned only a gameplay comparison earlier as being the only fair one. besides, i know he becomes god of war at the end of the first one, i was letting you know he isn't in god of war 2. we don't even see what he's capable of as a god in either game, so i see no point using his god state in the comparison. sound reasonable?

2. what divine weaponry are you taling about? you can't mean the blades of chaos. if so, i wouldn't consider those "divine" in any way, shape, or form (you might mean they were made by the gods, but that i not proven in the game. it just said they were forged in the fire of hades and i don't think that alone qualifies it). if you mean his magic attacks, they are good attacks, but i don't see what they have to do with it. pandoras box: again, i think would be an unfair advantage. although in the game, i think it just makes him bigger and not really more powerful in terms of gameplay mechanics

3. what do you mean by the weaponry he "didn't lose?" i don't get what you mean

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Blood Knight;25474 said:
1. i personally think that comparing them when kratos is a god is a little unfair. thats why i mentioned only a gameplay comparison earlier as being the only fair one. besides, i know he becomes god of war at the end of the first one, i was letting you know he isn't in god of war 2. we don't even see what he's capable of as a god in either game, so i see no point using his god state in the comparison. sound reasonable?

2. what divine weaponry are you taling about? you can't mean the blades of chaos. if so, i wouldn't consider those "divine" in any way, shape, or form (you might mean they were made by the gods, but that i not proven in the game. it just said they were forged in the fire of hades and i don't think that alone qualifies it). if you mean his magic attacks, they are good attacks, but i don't see what they have to do with it. pandoras box: again, i think would be an unfair advantage. although in the game, i think it just makes him bigger and not really more powerful in terms of gameplay mechanics

3. what do you mean by the weaponry he "didn't lose?" i don't get what you mean

1.Yes but I was only answering the question I was asked!

2. Hades is a God and if they are of a god it stands to reason to think that they posess otherworldly power. Also how about Artemis' Blade, surely the weapon she uses is very powerful if it CAN SLAY A TITAN!

3.I was talking about the gifts from the gods.

listen....your comparing greek mythology to the divine comedy. first of all you sound like a fool saying mundus is lower than ares(no offense to anyone) because in mundus terms he's higher than ares. secondly dante cant be killed my any weaponry and if you bring the divine crap then why is he able to use holy water?? also another note that dante has way more superior powers to kratos so to say kratos has this and that would just make me come and say well yea dante has this...ps dante can stop...yes STOP time and move at light speeds ......so .......you tell me::whistles::

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
about the blades, when i said they were forged in the fires of hades, i don't think it referred to the god Hades himself, but as another word for the underworld. i even read in a strategy guide that dante's devil arms from the first game were forged in the fires of the underworld too (just as a side note)

i don't doubt Artemis' Blade is powerful. i've seen i in action, and though its strong in terms of attack power, thats all its good for (since in kratos' hands, it was really slow and had very limited types of attacks). so in my mind, if all it takes to beat a titan is a really strong physical attack from a huge sword, i don't imagine it would be impossible for dante

and by gifts from the gods, do you mean the magic attacks?

i have a little more to say, but if i say anymore, i might be giving away some stuff about GOW2, so thats it until i hear a rebuddle

bluedemon

DARK SLAYER
The Phantarch;25459 said:
actually if you took all of kratos's weopens away he would have nothing. if you did the same thing with dante he could just turn demon form and wipe kratos out.

red queen

*inserts something*
There's no doubt Dante would defeat Kratos. First off, no matter how much Kratos damages Dante, Dante will heal himself, due to his demonic counterpart. Kratos is only a 'mortal', or a human to Dante. He is much weaker. Also, Dante weilds firearms, or 'devil arms'. Projeticles could finish Kratos from a distance since he doesn't have a weapon like that for himself.

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Ah come on Dante's a pro at taking out legendary demons, kings of hell ext.
Taking out a God of War is just he's daily routine.
So Dante wins either way...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
bluedemon;26739 said:
actually if you took all of kratos's weopens away he would have nothing. if you did the same thing with dante he could just turn demon form and wipe kratos out.

Not if Kratos is in his god state which is what the question is asking!

I know ppl here are partial to Dante but please WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

La Moda;25687 said:
listen....your comparing greek mythology to the divine comedy. first of all you sound like a fool saying mundus is lower than ares(no offense to anyone) because in mundus terms he's higher than ares. secondly dante cant be killed my any weaponry and if you bring the divine crap then why is he able to use holy water?? also another note that dante has way more superior powers to kratos so to say kratos has this and that would just make me come and say well yea dante has this...ps dante can stop...yes STOP time and move at light speeds ......so .......you tell me::whistles::

Check what you're saying first of all because I had a ******* of a time trying to decipher what the heck you're on about due to all of the spelling and grammatical errors here.
On a second note, holy water should hurt Dante, it's just (yet another) plothole in the DMC storyline, a factor which Capcom are infamous for.
Thirdly how on earth can you measure Dante's powers against Kratos. Dante might have more in the game but the time STOP power only works on Nelo Angelo (the time slow one works on all but use your common sense). If I sound like a fool comparing then how can you say that Mundus is higher than Ares. Also Ares is a god of destruction but he's not the antithesis of Zeus whilst Mundus is supposed to be the antithesis of God but how could Mundus destroy a being that controls destruction whithout the power of a deity? Tell me that!

Zeke Axel;26785 said:
Ah come on Dante's a pro at taking out legendary demons, kings of hell ext.
Taking out a God of War is just he's daily routine.
So Dante wins either way...

Kratos is not a demon.
Look you can't defeat a being that controls all destruction without the power of a deity and Dante is not a deity, he's a half human-demon crossbreed like Damien out of Omen except less evil.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
dude, god of war and god of destruction are not the same thing. there isn't even a god of destruction in greek mythology, so your mundus aries comparisno falls through.
what do you mean the time slow ONLY works on nelo? where do you get that logic?

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
OK, let's go through the steps. I have three big points about this fight
1) The Godly point
If there’s godliness involved you have to look at the concept. The Greek had polytheism, and thus Kratos being one of the, oh so many, Gods. Omnipotence is splitted between them all
And Christianity has one God and one Devil, which supposedly are two sides of the world making it go. God helps the good in heaven; the Devil punishes the bad in hell. And Dante comes from that kinda world, where I never saw the heaven side. So I guess there’s only the Devil in DMC, making it a monotheistic God with all god power combined. And lookie here, Sparda killed/sealed his own God. Then Dante did the same in DMC.
Thus I guess Kratos being one of many, and killing Ares only with the help of other gods (weapons, magic attacks) is just a great guy who did a good pawns job in the hand of other gods (Athena and so on)
And Dante is a descendent of “god”-killer and “god”-killer on his own. He didn’t get more than he had. Everything he does, he does on his own. So he could have the title of God of War + God of SSStylish Fighting + God of melee combat (he’s great with anything) + God of Firearms (Kratos don’t even know the word)

So that’s about who’s godlier

2) The battle spirit point
The main thing is battle spirit. Let’s look at Kratos…
- Filled with anger/hatred/bloodthurst and ext. He can be controlled through that.
- Suicidical
- Just attacks straight away
- Is tormented by his past memories

Dante
- “At first I didn’t give a damn, but now I know what’s important. I know what I need to do.”
I never heard Kratos say stuff like that. Dante has a head on his shoulders. And he does the “right” thing. Kratos just kills most he sees, unless he needs it for the mission.
- What ever happens to him, he always goes on, no matter how hard he gets hit. He never thinks of suicide
- Attacks with style!
- He treads lightly. He fights with a smile on his face. The smile almost never comes off. Some guy from a gaming journal even said: “Dante manages to look and act cool, even when he’s getting beat up.”

Anybody here know Gutts from Berserk? Well, paradoxically Dante is more like him in terms of battle spirit. You’d expect that from Kratos, but it’s Dante.

3) The Game point
- Kratos can die in the game, from normal undead hordes of zombies. (including GoW-II, where he has the God-title). So I suppose Dante’s not worse than any zombies and can kill Kratos.

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
i think what you all are missing here is that in order for kratos to beat ares, he had to use pandora's box, because he's a mere mortal. sure, with pandora's box kratos may stand a chance to dante, who is much more than a mortal. if both kratos and dante had the power of pandora's box, dante would win, no question.

an interesting question, if both dante and kratos were matched in power/strength, who would win based on technique and skill? im saying dante, he's been able to master every single weapon hes ever used, be it nunchucks, a sword, gauntlets, or a guitar

De-Buck-

Half manHalf amazin'
(hmmm...long time since i posted again...but what the hell :p)

Personally...at first, i'd say a tie...Kratos definatly can't match up to Dante's style and guns...but then again, there are NO better weapons than the blades of chaos/athena

BUT...if you look at the cutscenes in both of the games...you never see Kratos getting ripped open by some scythes huh???
Guess my vote goes to Dante

Sleeping Giant

I only voted for Dante because up until now he seems to be immortal no bullets, stabs......etc or anything can kill him, yet!!

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
Dante666666;23699 said:
yep. i agree

Sorry Dante but i've never seen you defeat a tower size god of war and never a god period. Not to put down on Dante hes defeated some badasses before but i have to go with Kratos.

You betrayed dante!!!
Dante would win!
How come he gets stabbed all the time and never dies?!
Kratos don't stand a chance.

Zeke Axel;27530 said:
OK, let's go through the steps. I have three big points about this fight
1) The Godly point
If there’s godliness involved you have to look at the concept. The Greek had polytheism, and thus Kratos being one of the, oh so many, Gods. Omnipotence is splitted between them all
And Christianity has one God and one Devil, which supposedly are two sides of the world making it go. God helps the good in heaven; the Devil punishes the bad in hell. And Dante comes from that kinda world, where I never saw the heaven side. So I guess there’s only the Devil in DMC, making it a monotheistic God with all god power combined. And lookie here, Sparda killed/sealed his own God. Then Dante did the same in DMC.
Thus I guess Kratos being one of many, and killing Ares only with the help of other gods (weapons, magic attacks) is just a great guy who did a good pawns job in the hand of other gods (Athena and so on)
And Dante is a descendent of “god”-killer and “god”-killer on his own. He didn’t get more than he had. Everything he does, he does on his own. So he could have the title of God of War + God of SSStylish Fighting + God of melee combat (he’s great with anything) + God of Firearms (Kratos don’t even know the word)

So that’s about who’s godlier

2) The battle spirit point
The main thing is battle spirit. Let’s look at Kratos…
- Filled with anger/hatred/bloodthurst and ext. He can be controlled through that.
- Suicidical
- Just attacks straight away
- Is tormented by his past memories

Dante
- “At first I didn’t give a damn, but now I know what’s important. I know what I need to do.”
I never heard Kratos say stuff like that. Dante has a head on his shoulders. And he does the “right” thing. Kratos just kills most he sees, unless he needs it for the mission.
- What ever happens to him, he always goes on, no matter how hard he gets hit. He never thinks of suicide
- Attacks with style!
- He treads lightly. He fights with a smile on his face. The smile almost never comes off. Some guy from a gaming journal even said: “Dante manages to look and act cool, even when he’s getting beat up.”

Anybody here know Gutts from Berserk? Well, paradoxically Dante is more like him in terms of battle spirit. You’d expect that from Kratos, but it’s Dante.

3) The Game point
- Kratos can die in the game, from normal undead hordes of zombies. (including GoW-II, where he has the God-title). So I suppose Dante’s not worse than any zombies and can kill Kratos.

Dante has a lot of guts.
"What do you think after looking at your fathers image?" "It's like staring into a backed-up toilet.
Who would have the guts to say that to the devil??

De-Buck-

Half manHalf amazin'
bluedemon;26739 said:
you're wrong there...If you can recall it correctly, Kratos can take an enemy, and just rip him apart with his bare hands
just to let you know :p

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
i'm not taking sides wih this comment, just making a point, so here me out. dante is definately tough, since he can take multiple wounds and still smack a demons head of. but kratos is pretty tough for dying and crawling and fighting his way out of the underworld, TWICE. ya have to give him some props for that.

also, (when he isn't a god) kratos is actually damn strong for a mortal. so its not like if thet were unarmed, it'd be a normal human versus a half demon. its a half demon versus a human who can lift and break a huge roman style pillar over a guys head

still, i say its a pretty even fight for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom