• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's face model

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So this is Dante's face model
25979a46b1a8f133d29de061f1259116--business-men-adam-cowie.jpg

His name is Adam Cowie and he's a model. Some are saying that this is bad because it's not Reuben's face.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, we know. I posted a link to his post where he talks about his involvement in the project on the news and media thread and we talked about him in the Dante's new look thread. You ever get that feeling people don't listen to you anymore? (That's a joke, by the way)

Anyway, I don't recall Dante ever having Mr. Langdon's face. Why the complains now? Actually, aside from the width of the head this guy has a few similar features to DMC4's face. I don't know if Dante will look good with that much facial hair. It makes him look way old in the trailer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC4 Dante looked more like Reuben Langdon than the previous entry because they used the "dots in your face" technology to capture facial animations, which required then to model his face a bit more around Langdon's, even though not to the point of a perfect match.

Though I don't understand if this guy is solely the model for Dante's face or if he's also the mocap actor. I know he's not the voice cause that in the trailer was unmistakably Langdon. Unless this dude is an awesome impersonator.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Honestly, I wouldn't be too fussed either way. Yeah, Reuben has been Dante's voice (and his mocap actor) more than any other up to this point, but if for some reason he opted out of it or they chose someone else, it really wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Reuben in all of his wacky, alien-obsessed glory, but I'm also open to the torch being passed. After all, actors have other aspirations, and no matter how much fun they have while doing a certain project or how grateful for the opportunity, they'll need to move on to other things eventually.

That said, a face model is still not the same as a mocap or VA. It could just be as simple as this guy having good facial structure, and them wanting to utilize that and only that.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
not liking him, but i like dante 5's looks, and both this model and dante 5 still has dante 4 facial features.. this is good for a continuity..

but i wonder why nero's face changed so much

I think if we're following the logic of maturity over game design, it's because Nero is no longer a kid. He probably would've been, what, 18 or 19 in DMC4? Even at that age, people are still physically changing. I know I don't look much like I did at that age. ^^;

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I think if we're following the logic of maturity over game design, it's because Nero is no longer a kid. He probably would've been, what, 18 or 19 in DMC4? Even at that age, people are still physically changing.

although he changed too much from his 4 self, i could accept that, rather significant years judging from dante's looks.. but i'm betting they won't addres how many years after..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
7-10 years after DMC4? So Dante should be 45-48, and Nero's 26-29 then

I base this on comments by the producers, Dante was 8 when his mom died, the manga was 10 years after, with DMC3 a year after that, making DMC3 Dante 19 (Which fits with the producers claiming DMC3 Dante is a teenager).

Nero was likely born roughly around the events of DMC3, is said to be DMC3 Dante's age in DMC4. Which would make Nero 19 (Which also fits as it means Vergil would've had to have visited Fortuna 20 years before the events of DMC4, which fits the "A few decades ago" in Vergil's DMC4 cutscenes) and Dante 38 in DMC4 (Which also fits producer comments that Dante in DMC4 is in his 30's and approaching 40)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Where did people hear 7 years after 4 from? And where was it stated to be a few years after 4? Conflicting information.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I've lost count of how many times I've said it, but Itsuno said it's a direct sequel to DMC4.
Really? that sounds very crystal clear but i've not heard that one before. Just this vague "It takes place after some years of DMC4", just how many years apart is DMC2 anyway? the timeline is just super messed up at this point. They should just declare DMC2 to be an alternate universe.

Top Bottom