• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's face model

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
they can distance themselves from DMC2 however they like.. just, acknowledge how awesome dante looked in that game and bring him back, i mean what exactly is the problem here for them?

06d91e0ee61470fd6e952cc7f8792c1ab040c866.jpg

btw, i just notice, he looked vampiric more in 2, least the persona of a vampire.. must be the iris

berto

I Saw the Devil
The model for Dante said he's "playing" Dante, I thought Langdon was back, that certainly sounded like him in the trailer.
Yes, he is.

Motion capture and facial capture are different things. Watch the video.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yes, he is.

Motion capture and facial capture are different things. Watch the video.
I have watched the video before, it's just Adam Cowie posted confirmation he's playing Dante(in some form) and I haven't seen any confirmation from Langdon anywhere.

It's all a bit confusing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have watched the video before, it's just Adam Cowie posted confirmation he's playing Dante(in some form) and I haven't seen any confirmation from Langdon anywhere.

It's all a bit confusing.
Remind me, have you been absent for a bit? If so you can find a whole history of evidence in the DMC general discussion section where over the years we've seen evidence of the game's production being on full swing. Mr. Langdon and Bosch tweeting a picture together in motion capture suits, Langdon and Southworth lifting director Itsuto, a few off hand comments by Langdon. All the evidence is there, though it will require a bit of digging.

Edit:
Wait. You've seen the video before? Did you post it? You been holding out on us?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Remind me, have you been absent for a bit? If so you can find a whole history of evidence in the DMC general discussion section where over the years we've seen evidence of the game's production being on full swing. Mr. Langdon and Bosch tweeting a picture together in motion capture suits, Langdon and Southworth lifting director Itsuto, a few off hand comments by Langdon. All the evidence is there, though it will require a bit of digging.

Edit:
Wait. You've seen the video before? Did you post it? You been holding out on us?
I saw the mo cap suit pic, but I thought that was confirmed as part of that pachinko game. Though I never saw the one of them holding up Itsuno.
I did see Langdon's video of him getting hyped at DMC5's reveal which pretty much told me that yeah he's back.
But after I saw this video and saw that the face model said he's playing Dante, I got a bit confused.

I saw the video shortly after it uploaded, it just never occurred to me to post it here, apologies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like that they picked Adam Cowie (I mean look, David Beckham in his younger days would have been a bloody good call too y'know) but I'm very undecided about the model they used for Nero. I could only watch that video up to 5:08 and then I had to take a moment.
....Okay so maybe Karlo isn't a bad pick.
Okay, no he's not a bad pick, okay.
But deeeeemn they gotta work on Dante's face in the game man.

Oh, yes, and also this:
I unironically want DMC5 dante to be a crazy Alien obsessed guy who cracks dad jokes all the time. All Ruben would have to do is play himself.
I'm so 100% on board with this! :laugh::laugh:

berto

I Saw the Devil
You all know that using real models for this is not necessarily a good thing. It's the reason we'll never get an OniMusha ramake or remaster. Takeshi Kaneshiro was the first man to be put on a video game and now, if they wanted to use his likeness for Samanosuke again, even in a rerelease, they would have to redraw a contract and pay him for his likeness. If it 10 years there is this whole thing where they remake games in 12K DMC5 might face the same issues as OniMusha.

Top Bottom