• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's last name?

Dante47

I'd imagine it's something straight out of the Super Mario Bros. Movie.
Dante Dante, and Vergil Dante. :troll:

Nekodark

You know I never thought of their last names...I always as default let myself think of it as Sparda...much easier that way.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Eh, like I said, I just go with Redgrave ala the novel, or Spardason, since they don't have actually given surnames in the series

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I assumed Sparda chose a human alias but nobody ever bothered to tell us what it was.

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
Sparda was the most used so far to seperate him from other Dantes(Dante's inferno,...etc) also ''Sparda'' could be a last name cuz many people call others by their last names. Thus Sparda was a noble demon, i think

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
but then again, Dante still sounds better, I'll go by that. Also no one in DMC has ever got a last name, except for Lady/Mary(her mother was Kalina Ann i think, so her name would be Mary Ann)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
but then again, Dante still sounds better, I'll go by that. Also no one in DMC has ever got a last name, except for Lady/Mary(her mother was Kalina Ann i think, so her name would be Mary Ann)

No, Kalina Ann was her mother's given name, it's likely her mother was from a southern or mid-western style family since that kind of name is common in those regions of the US. Considering how Vergil spoke to him, it's possible that "Arkham" was her father's last name, which would make Lady's original name Mary Arkham. Capcom gets kind'a weird like that.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Since L&O have the same inscription as E&I "for Tony Redgrave by 45. Art Warks" (including the same mispelling of "works") it is not unreasonable to guess that Sparda used the alias before Dante and since that is the only alias that Sparda has been hinted to use it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Sparda used that alias as his name for official purposes ( he can't exactly refer to himself as the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda on legal documents). Which would make Dante's last name Redgrave (assuming Dante's name didn't change at some point). Or I could be overthinking minor details.

seraphmaycry

I assumed Sparda chose a human alias but nobody ever bothered to tell us what it was.

no i remember he had a human name at some point ill have to do some looking but i should be able to find it somewhere
*looks at the massiveness of the internet and cries*

Calypso Dynamo

Since L&O have the same inscription as E&I "for Tony Redgrave by 45. Art Warks" (including the same mispelling of "works") it is not unreasonable to guess that Sparda used the alias before Dante and since that is the only alias that Sparda has been hinted to use it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Sparda used that alias as his name for official purposes ( he can't exactly refer to himself as the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda on legal documents). Which would make Dante's last name Redgrave (assuming Dante's name didn't change at some point). Or I could be overthinking minor details.
I like this, plus it makes the journal entries in Bayonetta more interesting imagining it was Sparda writing them.

Top Bottom