• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DC or Marvel

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
The age old question.

Who is better?

Personally, I think DC makes more iconic characters and better storylines.

Plus they have THE GODDAMNED BATMAN, MOTHERFUCKING ROBIN/NIGHTWING, and Raven.

(side note: I like Raven for completely character, platonic non sexual reasons! Swearsies!)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!:lol:

I really like both DC and Marvel.

I like Marvel because they have Spiderman, Thor, X-men and characters like Daken, X-23, Wolverine and Deadpool.

Since the New 52 redo, I really like Batman, Nightwing, Batwing Red hood, Catwoman, Batwoman and the Suicide squad (got Harley in :p). At first I wasn't sure how this new 52 was going to be, but I really like how it's going. I like the artwork, the writing and the character development in all of those comics.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I like them both equally. I think they are both just absolutely fantastic. I love comic book superheroes in general so I can't get bias here.

However, Spider-Man is my favorite superhero of all time hands down. I've been with Spider-Man for as long as I could remember.

TerrorA

I like the artwork, the writing and the character development in all of those comics.

So, you liked them turning Superman into a whiny hypocritical entitled asshole, Wonderwoman into a sociopath/Superman's girlfriend (depending on which comic you read, . Her own series or Justice League) resetting Conner Kent back to emo x100 and flat out erasing fan favorites like Cassandra Cain, Wally West and Obsidian and Jade (son and daughter of Alan Scott, the golden age green lantern). Also, Booster Gold is gone since the aforementioned Supes/Wondy hookup.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So, you liked them turning Superman into a whiny hypocritical entitled asshole, Wonderwoman into a sociopath/Superman's girlfriend (depending on which comic you read, . Her own series or Justice League) resetting Conner Kent back to emo x100 and flat out erasing fan favorites like Cassandra Cain, Wally West and Obsidian and Jade (son and daughter of Alan Scott, the golden age green lantern). Also, Booster Gold is gone since the aforementioned Supes/Wondy hookup.

Superman doesn't interest me, so I wouldn't know about what they did to him. Same goes for Wonderwoman. I just like the ones I listed.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
New 52 is hit and miss. DC did drop the ball a couple of times already with it though.
For example:
screen-shot-2011-09-22-at-1.51.48-pm.png

TerrorA

Superman doesn't interest me, so I wouldn't know about what they did to him. Same goes for Wonderwoman. I just like the ones I listed.

Well, the New 52 Bat family is still readable, so yeah. Good taste there.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I enjoy then both.

I've always been such a huge fan of ironman and War Machine, War-Machine has always been awesome. Spider-man, Batman, Wolverine, X-23...I love them to death.

But don't even get me started on how much I love Colossus. Seriously, don't.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I like DC a little more then Marvel.

Their are guys that beat DC badly and these are few (In my opinon)

The Void:
Void.gif

and who cannot forget:
tumblr_m76f4bYFoP1qj9sdto1_500.gif

and thats just a few Marvel beats DC at.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i don't pay a lot of attention to DC so i am only really aware of the really well known DC superheroes ( well i might have heard of a few of the less well known ones but i don't know much about them) but out of those the only one that has really drawn my attention at all is Batman.

Marvel on the other hand has a large number of characters that have drawn my attention including less well known ones.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DC has Batman and Marvel Spiderman.. hard to choose but i'd go for BATMAN !!

The line of good & bad is more blurred & it's easier for them to ignore the sense of right & wrong.
Batman has it all never really liked punisher IMO he was such a batman rip-off.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Archie.

No seriously, **** both DC and Marvel, they've both gone to ****, if i had to give props to one of the two then i'd give it to DC for the "Death of the Family" stuff they did.

I'd rather read the "Worlds Collide" crossover over at Archie then anything either company has going though.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
I haven't read many comics, but I LOVE the X-Men and the Avengers (beyond just the movies- i look up stuff about things I'm interested in) so i tend to prefer Marvel
My favorite superhero overall however is Batman. I just got Batman: Arkham Asylum for my Ps3

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I generally like the majority of marvel heroes more. But my most favorite hero of all time is Batman but that's not saying much since i haven't read or watch many of DC comics works besides superman, batman and spawn.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I generally like the majority of marvel heroes more. But my most favorite hero of all time is Batman but that's not saying much since i haven't read or watch many of DC comics works besides superman, batman and spawn.
Spawn would be more in Image's territory. I know Batman and Spawn crossed over but he really isn't a DC property.

TerrorA

Wait, Al Simmons or the new Spawn?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Batman is like the only reason why DC is so popular IMO
That's totally not true. That's being very narrow minded. Sure Batman is popular but LOTS of DC characters have fans. And LOTS of them.

I love Batman just as much as the next person but, I'm a bigger Green Arrow and Flash fan.

DC comics wouldn't be around if Batman was their only killer app. Like him or not, Superman is one of the most popular comic book superheroes of all time.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well, superman is basically like a walking god but there are several writers who had been able to make him compelling.
Hopefully, Man of steel would be a good remake.

Spawn would be more in Image's territory. I know Batman and Spawn crossed over but he really isn't a DC property.
Didn't knew that lol

Top Bottom