• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Deaths in Devil May Cry 5?

SwordofSparda

So do you think one of "the good " people should die? Unexpected like in Game of Thrones ?

I absolutely love the idea of Dante dying in Devil May Cry 5. Its the last chapter for the Sons of Sparda Story that would be the perfect way for passing the torch and make a cut.

I love Dante but storywise it would be the best?

Opinions?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I thought you were talking about fatalities like in DMC1 and 4.

To answer your question, I already said in another threat, but if they kill Dante, I start swinging.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I can't see them killing off Dante.

Capcom have been very resilient against letting go off their iconic franchise characters as seen in series like Ace Attorney where in AA4 the director wanted to start fresh with a completely new cast but the higher-ups twisted his arm into not only putting Phoenix Wright into the game but also making him a main character.

So yeah, I would be very surprised if Dante dies or even retires by the end of DMC5.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I can't see them killing off Dante.

Capcom have been very resilient against letting go off their iconic franchise characters as seen in series like Ace Attorney where in AA4 the director wanted to start fresh with a completely new cast but the higher-ups twisted his arm into not only putting Phoenix Wright into the game but also making him a main character.

So yeah, I would be very surprised if Dante dies or even retires by the end of DMC5.
They mentioned that they had planned on killing off Chris at the end of RE6 but it felt too cliche and they thought killing Pierce would be the better dramatic choice.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I do think Kyrie's gonna die, or at-least get injured. I actually hope they don't kill her, not cause I'm fond of her myself (I'm in-different to her for the most part), just cause I'd feel bad for Nero.
As for Dante dying and fully passing Nero the torch. If they do it right, and give Dante a decent send-off, I'd be open to it. It be cool having Nero honoring his uncle's legacy. (It's yet to be said in game, but come on. We pretty much all know now Nero's Vergil's son)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Vergil is going to die, i'm calling it! Vergil is going to sacrifice himself to save either dante or nero and Nero will use Vergil's soul to unlock a new Devil Trigger one that isn't incomplete.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil is going to die, i'm calling it! Vergil is going to sacrifice himself to save either dante or nero and Nero will use Vergil's soul to unlock a new Devil Trigger one that isn't incomplete.

Vergil is going to die?

You mean, again?

Nah, I don’t see Dante, Vergil or Nero dying in 5. They’re bringing all the characters back and adding new ones. They might kill someone off later on in the series, but I’m not seeing it happening in 5.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
kyrie and vergil is more likely..

Kyrie can be a good character development cause for nero, not to mention his battle theme's lyrics, but he doesn't seem to be hurting in the trailer..

As for vergil, i second @ROCKMAN X idea. There's no better ending to a character's arc such as vergil --considered antagonist/anti-hero-- to ended being dead for a somewhat noble cause

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Kyrie's going to be one killed off just to p!$$ off Nero. I've never seen Nero any more ****ed off than he was in DMC4, but I am interested in seeing that side of Nero. I say the same for Dante, I've never seen Dante ****ed off or angry, just this careless person. I like Dante's humor, or dark humor or whatever you call it - but I also want to see his development. As for Vergil, I think we've seen some of his emotion, especially in some of his conversations with others. When he seemingly kills Arkham, I felt a little bit of an emotion from Vergil. In the battle(s) against Dante, he shows emotion not once, not twice, but three times or more. If Capcom kills off Dante or Vergil, fans will rage. And it points to the end of the series as a whole. You can't continue the series after killing off 2 of the most well known names in gaming. That's just how I see it.

[That is, if you use "they're demons," as an excuse to bring them back.]

I do see Mundus returning, or Sparda returning. Like, who's that demon in the beginning of the trailer, next to the world tree?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos - You’re right about hardly seeing Dante angry. Except for in DMC 1 when Trish was attacked by Mundus.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
As for vergil, i second @ROCKMAN X idea. There's no better ending to a character's arc such as vergil --considered antagonist/anti-hero-- to ended being dead for a somewhat noble cause
Yeah, i think that'll give some closure to Vergil's character arc and will act as a passing on the torch moment to Nero as well.

Vergil always had an obsession with power because of his childhood trauma, his character arc will come to an end when he finally gives up his mad quest for power and helps his family. I don't see Vergil being evil or possessed by Mundus for any future games. This game is definitely the completion of Vergil's character arc.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
This game is definitely the completion of Vergil's character arc.

in relation to the thread, it does sound scary for fans.. but i have this feelings too, just, something feels big with this upcoming title..

like how many times have we had a devil may cry poster with angle from the back of the protagonists, don't remember any.. and the way how dramatic it was posed

i'm just reading this from design perspective, dunno if i interpret too much..

windleopard

@Carlos - You’re right about hardly seeing Dante angry. Except for in DMC 1 when Trish was attacked by Mundus.

Or when Trish betrayed him or when Mundus killed Gryphon.

I could see them killing Trish and using the fact that she resembles Eva as a way of forcing him to relive the moment of losing his mom all over again.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Killing trish would be weird move, especially that they played that card already in DMC1

windleopard

Killing trish would be weird move, especially that they played that card already in DMC1
Well it wouldn't be the first time this franchise repeated itself. We've had three games were the villain was a human who wanted a demon's power, and three were the main setting of the action was on an island.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well... in the end, everybody dies.

So do you think one of "the good " people should die? Unexpected like in Game of Thrones ?

I absolutely love the idea of Dante dying in Devil May Cry 5. Its the last chapter for the Sons of Sparda Story that would be the perfect way for passing the torch and make a cut.

I love Dante but storywise it would be the best?

Opinions?
How dare you suggest such blasphemous ideas! :laugh::laugh:
But no, really, I don't want them to kill off Dante.
Then I can't boast about him being invincible anymore. :':)'(

Top Bottom