• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Defend It - DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Simple, DmC in general is a good game. But like the witness guy said, really at their core the two versions of Dante are the same character, and everything else, which people prefer, is simply a matter of taste.
It's like comparing a Burton Batman movie, to a Nolan Batman movie, in that regard (FYI I love Burton AND Nolan's Batman movies)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly this video is pointless, neither of those arguments fail to convince either side. IT wont make its fans like it any less or those who don't like it think any better about it. Desperate excuses or attacks after 2 years of release is really pointless since everybody have their own opinions already and rest just don't care about it from any stand point.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It was a fun video but I stopped paying attention near the end. Its just I've heard those arguments better elsewhere and its been two years so we already made up our minds on it.

I just saw it as being in the same boat as DMC4 with some people hating, others liking it and most just in the middle.

I would say the witness make some sense to me as DMC3 and DmC Dante aren't that different to me. Maybe the disconnect between all the Dantes are do to different writers with different inspirations/skills? Or the reason why people don't like Nero and Kyrie is because they outgrew shonens?(how I feel about KH for example and could be applied to anything really)

Hard to say as most people just go with their gut when it comes to what they like. (sorry if my post rambles)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't think it's the case of needing to 'defend' it. At this point, everyone knows where they stand on whether they like it or not. I doubt much is going to change now in that regard.

However, regardless of all that, there's nothing wrong with still voicing your opinion.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yatzee sucks at action and fighting games. I can't trust someone who can't jump cancel telling me about DMC. But he is funny :)
He was still on point with DMC 4. You don't have to be an all star player to see how flawed it is. And the thing is, he does give the combat a passing grade, just not really anything else. It's legit. He's pretty much one of the only people who was actually fair when it came to these two games in particular.

Khundy

Berserker
He was still on point with DMC 4. You don't have to be an all star player to see how flawed it is. And the thing is, he does give the combat a passing grade, just not really anything else. It's legit. He's pretty much one of the only people who was actually fair when it came to these two games in particular.
Did you not watch the video I posted? it talked about the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom