• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Carlos @Vergil95
I think you guys are over complicating a very simple situation. I don't think any of what you guys are speculating is true. This is simple port that got modded to add fan requested features and a few small additions. These additions can, and have, been done by mods for years. If the company that made the game couldn't make the simple additions here it'd be embarrassing. The fact that you can't even edit your loadout or that co-op is limited to local shows that this is a pretty simple and barebones mod. The bare minimum to pull this off. It's nothing more, nothing less. Certainly don't think they needed to get the assets from 5 to pull it off. What for? Mods have been doing it for over a decade without having to resort to such a complicated approach (plus, if anything, they'd be better off using 4), nor do I think they are testing waters for 6 when the game is not doing anything that 5 already has. You guys are overthinking this whole thing.

Switch Master Race.
Now, are you implying that the N. Switch is the master race or that there is a race for who will become the style switching master?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was hoping for the later. As much as I think the style system needs to go I thought it sounded fun. I am also actually enjoying it here in DMC3 so a contest for he who has mastered to style switching ala shounen manga sounded like pointless and silly fun.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Bought it earlier tonight and I'm loving free style mode. Ironically, it makes the game harder to level up all of your style if you constantly switch between them. So that means I am mostly going to have to stick with Swordmaster if I want to get it at max level. The Switch version has in-game achievements since the console itself does not have system achievements like XBONE or Playstation 4.

Goldsickle

Ironically, it makes the game harder to level up all of your style if you constantly switch between them.
This, I totally overlooked...

Due to playing DMC4 & DMC5, I forgot that the Style System in DMC3 was more like an "XP" system.
Could they have changed it so that you upgrade the Style with Red Orbs?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Could they have changed it so that you upgrade the Style with Red Orbs?

You would think, but they gotta justify that XP for some reason. If you want a quick grind, Bloody Palace is unlocked from the start. So there's that.

A quick bonus: Dognuri has already posted a video and it only took one week for him to do it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wonder what DMC4 and DMC5 on the switch will be like? If they change anything at all for it. Watch they decide to put a playable Vergil in DMC5 Switch lol

Also, I know its a long shot, but I DO hope they put DmC: Devil May Cry on the switch. Maybe add in some small details here and there.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wonder what DMC4 and DMC5 on the switch will be like?
4 isn't a big deal. If it can play on a PS3/360 then a bit of optimization is all you need. If they do it for the SE they'll have to lower something, either frame rate or resolution. 5, though, that one is a graphics heavy game and it'd require much, much downgrading to perform well on the system. Too many particle effects, too high a polygon count, too big a textures, too much graphical demand, basically. Look at what they had to do to the Witcher 3 to play on it. Then they'd still have to make it playable on handheld mode.

Also, I know its a long shot, but I DO hope they put DmC: Devil May Cry on the switch.
Same as with 4. They'd have to drop something to make it work on the switch if they're going for the DE but if RE5 & 6 work on it then they should be able to make DmC work on it, too.

Goldsickle

Question on the Switch (or any recent) version of DMC1:

Can you throw a Round Trip with the Alastor and then switch to Ifrit to attack the enemy while the Alastor is out spinning at the same time?
Or was this already made possible before (didn't think to try it).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Can you throw a Round Trip with the Alastor and then switch to Ifrit to attack the enemy while the Alastor is out spinning at the same time?
I haven't tried. I'm at work and I didn't bring my switch so I can't test it out but if nobody does by the time I get home I'll try and let you know.

Goldsickle

It's revealed that the Switch version of DMC3 has a brand new Style for Dante.

Where he intimidates the enemies to death with his T-pose....

Turns out to be some weird glitch if you "load Free Style Dante into co-op with Vergil as Player 1".
The game will crash if you Devil Trigger and it corrupts Dante's save data, erasing most Devil Arms, multiple Guns and every Style except for Trickster.

It has been patched out as of writing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not sure what it is but there is a listing for a Switch DMC1 thing to be announced. The game, to be specific.
https://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry/13/70cp0h (US/Americas)
https://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry/13/70cp0n (Asia)
https://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry/13/70cp0l (Jpn)
https://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry/13/70cp0j (Eurp)

At first I thought they were finally going to release the game physically worldwide but, then, why have a Jpn one. The trilogy already released in Jpn. I'd know, I own a copy. Not a remake, it'd be too expensive to only release on one system. Maybe another HD port? But one so soon after the first doesn't seem financially sound. Welp, maybe it's nothing, maybe it's something. Will just have to wait and see.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Question on the Switch (or any recent) version of DMC1:

No, Dante has an unarmed 3-hit combo while you have Round Trip active. Does about as much damage as Alastor slashes, so it's a viable melee option if you're cornered.

Goldsickle

No, Dante has an unarmed 3-hit combo while you have Round Trip active. Does about as much damage as Alastor slashes, so it's a viable melee option if you're cornered.
Nowadays, pressing the Sword or Style button while Round Trip is active will automatically summon the sword back (whether it's Rebellion or Sparda).
I guess they didn't think an extra melee move is necessary with the quick, real-time weapon change mechanic.

Dante did have a special Thrust Kick while Sword Pierce is active.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nowadays, pressing the Sword or Style button while Round Trip is active will automatically summon the sword back (whether it's Rebellion or Sparda).
I guess they didn't think an extra melee move is necessary with the quick, real-time weapon change mechanic.

Dante did have a special Thrust Kick while Sword Pierce is active.

They expanded upon it with Trish in 2, and later in 4:SE. In 2, while Round Trip was active, or if you pressed a button combination to plant the Sparda into the floor, Trish had an entire unarmed moveset. In 4:SE, that unarmed moveset was made more accessible as her Triangle attacks, with Sparda mapped to Circle, giving her the ability to use both at once instead of picking Sparda or unarmed.

Goldsickle

They expanded upon it with Trish in 2, and later in 4:SE. In 2, while Round Trip was active, or if you pressed a button combination to plant the Sparda into the floor, Trish had an entire unarmed moveset. In 4:SE, that unarmed moveset was made more accessible as her Triangle attacks, with Sparda mapped to Circle, giving her the ability to use both at once instead of picking Sparda or unarmed.
Forgot all about Trish =w=

That's a nice idea where it revolves around doing a whole new moveset while Sparda is off her hands.
But with how Sparda is absorbed into Dante, I wonder what Trish is gonna do now.
There's a discussion in another website about how Trish should pick up the Alastor, especially since Alastor is lightning-based, compatible with Trish's Devil powers.

Top Bottom