• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Or he is just bluffing.Capcom is doing this in order to gain time and to warm up fans for a possible sequel.( Don't quote me on this)

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
OH S**T. OH. OOOOOH!

*catches breath*

ooh.

What does the teaser trailer mean? Are they going to add stuff that'll explain Nero better -- so will it make DMC4 more complete somehow? Is it just a costume for Dante, and maybe one or two for Nero, along with some goodies? Either way, I will get this, because Vergil's awesome, and added stuff is nice. More DMC! Yiss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think the best guess is that it's the same deal they did with DMC3 back in the day.
Simply adding a new character to the roster, without many cutscenes. I really don't think Capcom is going out of their way to create new Campagin for Vergil, especially not for a game from 2008. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I think the best guess is that it's the same deal they did with DMC3 back in the day.
Simply adding a new character to the roster, without many cutscenes. I really don't think Capcom is going out of their way to create new Campagin for Vergil, especially not for a game from 2008. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Well, it would still be pretty nice. I really liked DMC3's Special Edition, so I wouldn't mind the same type of thing for DMC4 :D

GregaMan

Hey guys, GregaMan here. I know info on SE is super sparse for the time being, but I hope today's announcement made every Devil May Cry fan pretty happy. 2015 is immediately the best year for stylish action in a long, long time. The spotlight is on DmC Definitive Edition for now, but we'll have lots more info on DMC4 SE a little further down the line. Sit tight and be excited.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I really hope Capcom doesn't let us down this time! Our hopes are heavy on their shoulders!
Anyway, thank you for being here personally!

Dominus

Sooo curious what kind of weapons and moves they'll give Vergil. I mean c'mon, it's pretty much a given that the "Special Edition" will have playable Vergil - it would be silly not to. People would riot in the streets. Or at least they should.
This isn't Square-Enix we're talking about here..

TonyRedgraveDMC

I've already narrowed it down. Either A. Vergil will be a Dante and/or Nero skin. B1. He will be playable a la DMC3:SE and have the necessities to complete all of Dante & Nero's missions. B2. He will have a short storyline mirroring his role in the DMC4 novel with additional material (Vergil definitely did more than just encounter a younger Sanctus) C. SOMEHOW Vergil makes a playable appearance in the story due to deus ex machina level writing.

Kishido

Hunter
BTW

Gregaman from Capcom Unity

Hey guys, GregaMan here. I know info on SE is super sparse for the time being, but I hope today's announcement made every Devil May Cry fan pretty happy. 2015 is immediately the best year for stylish action in a long, long time. The spotlight is on DmC Definitive Edition for now, but we'll have lots more info on DMC4 SE a little further down the line. Sit tight and be excited.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Vergil...?
tumblr_inline_ngmxeqFrQw1rzglo0.gif

Top Bottom