• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Hey guys, since the thread I started, concerning an anomaly with Nero's EX Streak I would like help with, didn't get any answers except an advice to try it in this one, I would like to ask if anyone here experienced the same thing as me.

I have encountered Nero doing more than the standard 3 spins when doing a level 3 EX Streak on multiple occasions and wanted to know if there are any people who also had this happen in their playthroughs and if anyone could tell me how to do it, since I can't do it at will for the life of me.

Happened to me like twice or so, don't know how to reproduce it though.

Happened to other people too, so yeah it's in the game...

Khundy

Berserker
Happened to me like twice or so, don't know how to reproduce it though.

Happened to other people too, so yeah it's in the game...
The new tweaks are a little glitchy, but its cool finding new things. I've notice that Guard flying is way easy to pull off compared to vanilla.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm guessing that's a computer thing and, since I'm not a computer gamer, really, can I ask what that means? :unsure: -lost-

GeForce Experience is a software made by Nvidia, which you can choose to install when you install a driver or download separately from their site.

Basically what it does is detecting your hardware and regulating a game's graphics options to the most appropriate setting. Obviously it only works with desktop Nvidia graphics cards.
It also incorporates Nvidia ShadowPlay, a recording program which has very little impact on framerate.

DMC4SE is sold out on G2A.

28v5biw.png

It truly is doing good, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I can't be the only one who finds this game boring to no end, what with the bland backgrounds and music that gets boring after one playthrough. Welp, fortunately with the new gen we can fix one of the two, and I've certainly taken advantage of the music player on my PS4. I've made two playlists for DMC4, one action oriented and one for a horror atmosphere. I gots to says, it really makes the game more bearable and I'm kinda envious of the PC owners who can actually switch the tracks for other music so everything plays on cue rather than just making a playlist. Anyway, I'm curious, what do other people have on their playlists? I might give it a try, too.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I can't be the only one who finds this game boring to no end, what with the bland backgrounds and music that gets boring after one playthrough. Welp, fortunately with the new gen we can fix one of the two, and I've certainly taken advantage of the music player on my PS4. I've made two playlists for DMC4, one action oriented and one for a horror atmosphere. I gots to says, it really makes the game more bearable and I'm kinda envious of the PC owners who can actually switch the tracks for other music so everything plays on cue rather than just making a playlist. Anyway, I'm curious, what do other people have on their playlists? I might give it a try, too.
i am A BIG DMC Fan but I am having more fun with Sengoku Basara 4 than DMC4 SE
honest to God endless fun

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
That's nice but not really that relevant to my question.
  • DMC1 Soundtrack ("Public Enemies", "Flock off!", "Super Public Enemies", "Lock N' Load", "Final Penetration")
  • Bleach: Hell Verse Soundtrack (Incantation Part 3, Sakkaku)
  • Berserk - Golden Age Arc II: The Battle of Doldrey Soundtrack ("After the Battle", "My Brother", "Hundred Years War")
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Score by Patrick Doyle ("The Story Continues", "Golden Egg", "Black Lake", "The Maze")
  • F-Zero GX/AX Soundtrack ("Wings for My Way", "Night at Big Blue", "Red Canyon")
  • Epica Album by Kamelot ("Center of the Universe", "III Ways to Epica", "March of Mephisto")
  • Biohazard Remake Sound Mix ("Safe Zone", "Lisa Trevor", "Dead Kitchen", "Zombie Attack")
  • Biohazard 5 Soundtrack ("Majini XI In Flames", "Wings of Madness", "Sad But True")
  • Berserk Millenium Falcon Arc OST ("All Beginnings", "Great Numbers Attack", "Absolute", "Band of the Hawk")
  • Inhuman Rampage by DragonForce ("Through the Fire and the Flames", "Heroes of Our Time")
  • GENJI Score ("Benkei", "Young Power", "Hiraizumi's Town", "Shunkenten")
  • Misc. Songs by Susumu Hirasawa ("Forces", "Take the Wheel", "Indra", "Sign II", "Venus", "Bandiria Travelers", "Philosopher's Propeller")
  • Scarface Soundtrack ("She's on Fire", "Rush Rush", "Push It To the Limit")
I believe that should suffice.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
''I can't be the only one who finds this game boring to no end''

I had that with DmC -- it depends on your tastes, I guess. That, and DmC had really boring platforming and shallower combat than previous games. I will say that DMC4 is of course the second worst DMC game, after DMC2. It's a shame that they didn't just stick with their original idea of bringing Nelo Angelo back (from what I could tell from a poster) and making Dante the main character, and possibly continuing the DMC storyline. No ''Vergil's son'' bullcr@p -- if that's what Nero is... it still hasn't been confirmed, there was only one scribble in an artbook by a former Capcom employee. When looking at all the hints in DMC4, it'd make more sense for Nero to be connected to Sparda more than Vergil. But anyway, I'm more concerned with gameplay than backgrounds and music, and in that respect DMC4 and DMC4 SE really deliver.

@WolfOD64 What about Kamelot -- When the Lights are Down, or Karma? Still love those from the DMC3 combo videos The Elohim and The Elysium on YouTube.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Enigma
Just a little reminder: when you edit a post adding a quote or a tag, the quoted/tagged person will not receive an alert for it. You can only succeed in getting that person's attention if he/she sees your post after you edit it.

If you wanna make sure he/she gets an alert, the only way right now is to double post.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I gotta tell you, I'm digging the remix for All the Little Things by Oingo Boingo. I thought I was the only person who liked that song. I bugs me, though, how no one knows the name of that other song, it's not complicated, Confusion by New Order, just add remix and google will know, but everyone just calls it the Blade song.

I had that with DmC -- it depends on your tastes, I guess. That, and DmC had really boring platforming and shallower combat than previous games.
Well, I could go on a tirade about the last two DMC games and how they are my least favorite but I still play them, but to keep things short and simple lets just leave it at simply saying it's the little things, too many little things that just make the experiences less enjoyable.

So, then am I the only one that likes to add a more horror ambiance with the game? I mean, I have a have a huge action playlist with other DMC game songs and pieces, and I just added the HR/HM arrangements to the list and even some of the DMC4 Pachinko songs.
And I do have some other game OSTs on my list.
I had some Rammstein in there at one point but I wasn't feeling it. Also have one or two DMX and Snoop Dogg songs, A little Molotov for a Mexican rock flavor, Some Japanese techno and rock. And I still add and remove stuff from it every now and then.

Still one of the reasons I loved the original DMC was the ambiance and that was severely missing from the last 2 games, 2 and 3 at least tried to create a horror setting but 4 and DmC just flat out dropped even bothering to try. So every now and then I play the game with a more horror oriented playlist, which I thought that it wasn't really going to fit that much at first but it actually works rather well.
Good horror music is hard to find. Yeah, there's Akira Yamaoka but I wish there was more (I don't actually have this one on my playlist but it's the sample they have on their page). Video games have some good ambiance music but I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it horror, not sure I'll keep it in that playlist. Fortunately every now and then the music and supernatural sections of 4chan have a decent list of scary music, so it's not as though it doesn't exist.

I actually also have a classical playlist, which I just when I get in the mood for classical but I doubt anyone else is going to care about that list.

Top Bottom