• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Movies

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder when Capcom will ever think about doing DMC movies? Like with Resident Evil.... those that did live action. And those that did CGI.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wonder when Capcom will ever think about doing DMC movies? Like with Resident Evil.... those that did live action. And those that did CGI.
technically DMC was optioned in the 2000s by Summit Entertainment so maybe there is a pitch sitting in a draw somewhere gathering dust. The closest it got to being greenlit was 2011 because Kyle Ward (hitman) was attached to write a script based of DmC.

maybe DMC5's potential success would make DMC popular enough to greenlit?

Last edited:
technically DMC was optioned in the 2000s by Summit Entertainment so maybe there is a pitch sitting in a draw somewhere gathering dust. The closest it got to being greenlit was 2011 because Kyle Ward (hitman) was attached to write a script based of DmC.

maybe DMC5's potential success would make DMC popular enough to greenlit?

Seems likely. Would be cool to see a DMC movie. Done right.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The fact that the games are more standalone and have a case of the week structure would help in the script.

The only story i wouldnt adapt is the manga. Its not because its bad but basic there isnt a character arc for Dante nor do you learn a lot that would justify it. Whatever you learn about Dante and Vergil could be summed in a bit of dialogue. There is a fanfic called "Am i evil?" https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10917207/1/Am-I-Evil that covered the same ground better in a shorter amount of time.

As for a tv show i wouldn't do it unless we are focusing on Dante's early years.

Or a different character like nero or Vitale.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I could see it as a Netflix style season rather than a movie.

I've mentioned it in the past, but since "Garo" is basically the same concept done well in live action back in 2005 then I could see no reason why Netflix couldn't do it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I could see it as a Netflix style season rather than a movie.

I've mentioned it in the past, but since "Garo" is basically the same concept done well in live action back in 2005 then I could see no reason why Netflix couldn't do it.
Netflix might not have the budget of a big blockbuster so they might have to focus more on story. I'm not sure DMC could lend itself to a longform story after how disappointing the anime was.

But the idea was good so maybe they could try it again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom