• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Is the Devil may cry novel just fictional crap or does it really fit into the storyline?All i know about it is that depicts Dante in a pre-DMC 1 venture,where he is known as Tony Redgrave & Vergil also appears in the form of a bandage wrapped man named Gilver.If any of you guys know what it is really about,or is it worth bothering, let me know.:)

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
last i heard about it, it has some backing from capcom but it still has some bits that arnt in line with the story but hopefully we will find out in the next couple of DMC games and novels IF they turn it into a series.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Maybe it happenned after DMC3 but before DMC1,and Vergil was already controlled by mundus & on his way to becoming nelo.

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
ether way we will soon see hopefuly it will awnser some of our questions about the series!:) i think it will be writen like the resident evil book series if u compare them to the game theres many difrences that are just made up but were officaly sanctioned by capcom so this novel may well turn out that way too

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
I thought the Devil May Cry novel didn't come with an official sanction, but that the Manga formed a part of the DMC canon.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I heard that Devil May Cry was based on another book (can't remember the name, sorry) but what the games series did was that they took all of the characters and changed their lives pretty much only keeping their names. I'll be willing to bet that wikipedia will have something on it just look for Devil May Cry and one of the characters names (probaly safest choosing Dante or Vergil). There is a DMC comic however.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Kodanshi;5043 said:
I thought the Devil May Cry novel didn't come with an official sanction, but that the Manga formed a part of the DMC canon.

hhmmmm....................thats odd isnt it??? o_O

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Well what I read from wiki I think it's just bull****.In the novel,Vergil kills some old woman who gives Dante his guns(Ebony and Ivory) when she died.Now he already had those in DMC manga!So Dante would have to younger than he is in DMC manga(less than 18)in the story,which he definitely isn't.

Ether101

Seeker of Pi
IloveVergil;7685 said:
Well what I read from wiki I think it's just bull****.In the novel,Vergil kills some old woman who gives Dante his guns(Ebony and Ivory) when she died.Now he already had those in DMC manga!So Dante would have to younger than he is in DMC manga(less than 18)in the story,which he definitely isn't.

Whaa?!!! Ok, now listen here child and I'll set you straight. The noval was the original, offiicial and canon prequel to DMC. DMC 3 knocked it out of the time line though. Pluse I noticed a couple similarities between the two. If ya' got any more questions jest ask.

Plus I already tould you this in the http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=350

:ninja: :pirate:
Pi

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Dude.................dont be angry Donald
there are ore interesting to post than be angry about a novel

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Ether101;7686 said:
Whaa?!!! Ok, now listen here child and I'll set you straight. The noval was the original, offiicial and canon prequel to DMC. DMC 3 knocked it out of the time line though. Pluse I noticed a couple similarities between the two. If ya' got any more questions jest ask.

Plus I already tould you this in the http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=350

Pi
WTF are u trying to say?I think u don't understand what I' said.I KNOW that the novel was offiicial and canon prequel to DMC but since it fails to explain some things,I think it no longer fits into the storyline.If u think otherwise I'd be happy to hear why.And can u answer my question about Ebony and Ivory and tell me how old is Dante exactly there?

Ether101

Seeker of Pi
That is what I'm trying to tell you the book is no longer canon, but Nell Goldstein may still be a canon character. In DMC 3 Dante is in he's late teens early twentys, he is mose likely 19.

P.S.-The novel is worth geting it single handily KILLS the Vergil is deid and isn't coming back theory. :)

Pi

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Ether101;7721 said:
That is what I'm trying to tell you the book is no longer canon, but Nell Goldstein may still be a canon character. In DMC 3 Dante is in he's late teens early twentys, he is mose likely 19.

P.S.-The novel is worth geting it single handily KILLS the Vergil is deid and isn't coming back theory. :)

Pi

:D So we have the same opinion but been fighting for nothing lol
Anyway Dante is 19 in DMC3 as confirmed by the director of DMC3 but what I wanna know is how old is he in the novel?

Ether101

Seeker of Pi
In the novel Dante is in he's late teens early twentys. :lol:
DMC 3 seems to take alot of things from the noval.

Pi

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
old Enough to slay some girls lol
just kidding mate :D
my Uncle has 32 and he is addicted to his PC and he dont let me to go to the PC
thats y i cant play Bloodly Palace to see how far can reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom