• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry: The past.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
CHAPTER 5: Going in for the kill

Vergil was almost to his house he could see it just up the hill.
Vergil: yes. Now I will show those demons the true strength of Sparda’s son. no the true strength of VERGIL.
As he reached this house that was almost destroyed and that there wasn’t anyone inside he was angry.
Vergil: NO THERE ALREADY GONE. I cant keep searching for them forever I have to find them.
Before leaving Vergil decided to have a quick look around his house. The first place he went was for his mother and father’s room hoping to find something of use.
Vergil: father did bring a bag along with him I bet there’s some useful stuff for me in it.
Vergil looked around the room to find his fathers bag but it wasn’t easy finding it because the entire room was a mess because of the destruction.
Vergil: common where is it.
As he cleared piles of wood he saw a brown bag.
Vergil: yes here it is. lets have a look inside.
Vergil looked inside and found a journal it was sparda’s, a picture of sparda with his mother and a bottle that had water in it had holy water written on it and there was something else written under the name.
“sacred water used to kill all demons and evil spirits. Use when outnumbered or near death.”
Vergil: so my father became so weak that he had to use this to survive battles. I cant believe it. Lets see what’s in the journal.
Vergil opened the journal but have of it was torn apart. The rest of the journal was empty except for the page that he was on it was of today’s date.

21 December 1980
Today I will be returning home. Finally its been so long since I have seen my sons and my wife. Dante and Vergil have turned thirteen today it almost seems like yesterday when they were just three years old, the last time I saw them. I’m glad that im finished. The last follower of Mundus has been sealed away I hope that now I could live my life in peace with my family.

Vergil: Mundus….the prince of darkness that my father defeated. He had followers too.
Demon commander: yes and my master was one of them.
Vergil quickly turned around and pulled out his sword.
Vergil: YOU!! YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.
Demon commander: put that away little brat. You will only hurt yourself with it.
Vergil: YOU DO NOT REALISE THAT I AM THE SON OF SPARDA.
Demon commander: just because you’re the son of Sparda doesn’t make you as strong as him.
Vergil became furious and transformed into his devil form. The demon commander was shocked to see the little boy turn into a demon at such a young age. He saw Vergil’s eye’s as red as blood, the horns that came out from the side of his head, his body all black and scaly and coated with blue, his wings of the same colour and were very demonic, his talons on both his feet and his hands sharp as a blade and the look on his face. It was as if he would explode in anger.
Vergil: YES THAT AS TRUE I MIGHT NOT BE AS STRONG AS HIM BUT STRONG ENOUGH TO END YOU
Vergil’s voice sounded demonic.
Demon commander: how can this……..be. your just…..your just a child.
Vergil: NOW I WILL AVENGE MY MOTHERS DEATH. NOW YOU WILL SEE THE TRUE POWER OF VERGIL.
The Demon commander ordered all of his demons to attack Vergil. About 100’s of demons came out from the shadow’s. they were a lot to fight in a small area. Vergil needed more room. As one of the demon’s charged forward to attack Vergil in a very high speed his whole body smashed into the wall.
Demon: OW!!! What the…..he disappeared.
Demon commander: WELL FIND HIM.
Vergil: im out here.
Demon: what how did he get there.
Demon commander: never mind you fool’s go attack him.
All the demons leaped from the house high into the night sky. They were about to rain down on top of Vergil with their swords ready.
Multiple demons: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
As they were almost about to come into contact with Vergil he pulled his sword out as fast as lightning.
Vergil: BEGONE!!!!
With one slash all of the demons were in pieces. Blood of the demons came raining down from the sky and Vergil was fully covered by it.
The demon commander kept on watching in shock as Vergil was walking towards him, the sky looked red because of the blood that was raining down and then all the blood fell to the ground the night sky was back to normal but the commander could see Vergil get closer and closer to him. He was scared and he knew he would meet his end to Vergil’s hand. He fell to his knees pleading for his life.
Demon commander: no please I beg of you…..I beg of you let me live.
Vergil stood right ahead of him he draw his sword out slowly to increase the fear in the commander.
Demon commander: “PLEASE NOOOO.SHOW ME MERCY PLEASE SHOW ME MERCY.” he screamed.
Vergil: after what’s happened today after what you did to my mother do you think I would show you any mercy.
Demon commander: please just…just let me go…I’ll…..I’ll tell you anything.
Vergil: very well then. Are there anymore followers of Mundus left that I need to kill to avenge my mother’s death.
Demon commander: no.
Vergil: then I have no use for you
Vergil raised his sword in the air ready to strike.
Demon commander: NO WAIT THERE’S MORE.
Vergil stopped
Vergil: I’m listening.
Demon commander: your father….defeated Mundus 2000 years ago but he didn’t kill him. He sealed Mundus away. For centuries he devised a plan to eliminate Sparda and all who share his blood so that he may return. it was his order for us to kill you and your family so that he would return and he will return soon
Vergil: WHAT. WHERE AND WHEN IS HE GOING TO RETURN.
Demon commander: All I know is he is going to return soon in this centaury…. I don’t know where please just let me go I’ve told you all I knew.
Vergil: yes you have.
Demon commander: then you will let me go…right.
Vergil: No.
Vergil struck his sword and the commanders head was apart from his body.
Vergil: so Mundus is making his grand return and plans to bring hell along with him. He is the reason my mother died. So I still have to avenge her death. So be it. I defeat Mundus in his return not by just sealing him but permanently killing him. I do that im done avenging my mothers death and by killing him I would gain immense power.
Vergil regained his human form but this time he didn’t feel weak or like he was going to pass out he felt stronger. he headed back inside his house to wash all the blood off of him and get some clean clothes. When he was done he grabbed some supplies with him in his bag and was on the move. As he was walking away he had one last look at his house but didn’t stop for long and kept moving. He walked on and kept muttering.
Vergil: power…..I need more…POWER

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
very nice its good i like how you really put an image of virgil in DT into my head this is epic :)

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Vergil creeped me out in this chapter o_O But, great job though :D It was great ^^

DeamonslayeR

i promise i haven't forgotten about this and will continue it ive been busy for quite a long time now im gonna finish this story :)

DeamonslayeR

CHAPTER 6: ON THE RUN

The entire town was on fire and dante could only look on in horror. Today was a horrible day for him,on his birthday he had lost everyone and he had only to blame him self.he fell to his knees and couldn’t help but cry and scream in anger.
Dante: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA. YOU BASTARDS YOU HEAR ME ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL YOU ALL.
Again thoughts of what vergil had said kep going through his head.
Vergil: you are weak dante.you cannot protect anyone let alone yourself.
Dante: NO……..im not weak,I am strong and ill kill ever demon that stands in my way from this day on every demon shall my know my name,every demon will fear me and will never think of harming me or anyone near me ever again.i hate all of you demon’s and I even hate my self for being one but if I am one so be it I will destroy every demon there is and only then I shall live in peace.
Demon: hey he’s here I found him.
Ten demons surrouded dante on the mountain and left no openings for escape.
Demon:hehehehehehehe your pretty stupid kid trying to escape by climbing to the other side of the mountain.
Dante was still crying and stood there standing looking at the demons that surrounded him.
Demon 1: look at him hes crying HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Demon 2:I think he ****ed himself buhahahahahahaha
Demon 3: this kids just a pussy,at least his brother was brave and died fighting but this kid aint got any kids and all he can do is cry hahah.
Demon 4: awww the widdle kid is crying,you miss you mommy hmmmm to bad we sliced that whore hahahahahahahaha.
Dante: SHUTUP!!!!!! Im gonna kick your ass
Dante looked furious and he had also stopped crying.
Demon 1: HAHAHAHAHA did you hear that hes gonna kick my ass.
Dante: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Dante dashed with immence pace and stabbed the demon with such force that he smashed into a tree there was also a huge hole in his chest.
Demons: what? KILL HIM
All nine demons closed in to attack very fast.
Dante: COMMON YOU BASTARDS ILL SLICE YOU ALL TO PIECES
As the closed in dante went insane and kept swinging his sword left and right his attacks were very powerfull and one hit could instantly kill a demon but dante was careless and got hit by the demons many times but it didn’t kill him.
Dante: AHHHHHH!!! THIS IS ALL YOU GOT, THIS IS ALL YOU GOT ILL SHOW YOU WHAT I GOT YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS HAAAAAAAAAAAA.
With one swing dante sent all the demons around him into the air dante looked on high in the sky,as demons were about to fall dante also jumpes high in the air with his sword.
Demon: WHAT THE FUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
One by one dante kept swinging his sword at every demon it was as if he was juggling them in mid air. All of the demons were cut in pieces in only 5 seconds and dante’s feet met the floor.
Dante:WHAT HAPPENED CAT GOT YOUR TOUNGES? NOW IM GONNA KILL ALL THE OTHERS
Dante still was pretty angry but he controled himself and thought it was best to get out of town fast.
Dante: I gotta calm down im not used to fighting with a real sword,a real big sword that is and there are hundreds waiting for me back there it would be stupid to fight all of them,im not even trained well.even vergil ended up dead. right now I have to get outta here as fast as I can and get to the next town.
Dante ran all the way to the top of the mountain and crossed to the other side he was out of town and was out of sight from the demons.he was relieved but only for the time being because he knew that the demon would hunt him down and finish him,he was prepared for what was coming he knew now how important it was for him to train himself that he may kill the demons responsible for his families death.
It was dawn dante kept running on and on but he was getting tiered he had to find some place to rest.from far he saw a small village,he ran as fast as he could to get to the village so he could get food water and a bit of sleep he had been running all night and just didn’t have the energy he was also weak because of the injuries he had while fighting the demons and upon reaching the village he started to feel dizzy and fell to the floor and became unconcious.as he was lying there on the ground dante was dreaming about his family and how he had lost them,what haunted him most was his mothers scream.
Dante:mom please common we have to leave we cant do anything.
Eva:NO LET ME GO,LET ME GO I CANT LET VERGIL BE KILLED.
Dante:MOM HE’S DEAD AND WE WOULD BE DEAD TO COMMON.
Eva:RUN DANTE RUN!!!!!!!!
Dante: NOOOOOOOOOOO……MOM
Eva: DANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dante: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.
Dante scremed as he suddenly woke up but soon realised it was all just a dream.dante looked around and there was no one there,he was more surprised to see that he was on a bed in a room,his clothes awere changed and his wounds had healed but there werent and bandages or stitching on them.a man rushed in worried about the scream.
Old man: good heavens whats wrong….oh I see you are awake child.
Dante: who are you?
Old man: hey I should be the one to ask you that question? I found you on the ground this morning at the village gate you were covered in blood and badly injured so I brought you to my house to patch you up I almost thought you were gonna die.
Dante: oh yeah…ummmmmm I cant remember I came last night, I just didn’t have the energy to go on ive mustve passed out.
Old man: hmmmm….yes that would explain it .still you havent told me your name.
Dante: Oh sorry. The names dante
Old man:quite a fascinating name you got there fella..oh and my name is brian gibbs but you may call me Mr gib……
Dante: say old man you got anything to eat im starving.
Mr gibbs: hey its Mr gibbs to you kid and im not old I happen to just…….look old.
Dante: whatever old man you got anything to eat or what?
Mr gibbs: ITS NOT…*sigh*……dinners on the table downstairs.
Dante: ok I’ll be down in a sec.
as Mr gibbs went downstairs he whispered to himself.
Mr gibbs: old man,old man..huh..stupid little kid I aint old.
Mr gibbs and his family were at the dinner table waiting for dante.
Mr gibbs: hey donut how long are you gonna take..hehehehe
Dante: hey….the names dante.so whats for dinner?
Dante joined everyone on the table and Mr gibbs introduced his family.
Mr gibbs: well dante let me introduce you to my family, these are my two sons josh and jhon.
Josh: hey there
Dante: hi
Jhon:……..
Dante: whats wrong with the other one.
Mr gibbs: oh he’s just a mute.
Dante: umm…okay
Mr gibbs: and sitting right next to you is my little daughter Anna she just turned 12.
Dante: hey my name is Dante.
Anna:ummmm…..hi…my..name…..my name..
Mr gibbs: um Anna…so lets begin to eat shall we.here we go I made roasted chicken with some mash patatoes and some fresh bread dig in everyone.
Dante didn’t hesitate and started to eat straight away. He finished the first plate then a second then a third everyone was looking at him he was like a savage homeless man who hadnt ate anything since a decade.
Dante: oh that hit the spot….
Mr gibbs: my my boy you’ve got quite the appetite.
Dante: hehehe I sure do.
Mr gibbs: ummm..son if you don’t mind me asking. What actually happened to you I mean everyone in town was shocked to see you,you were near death,covered in blood and had very deep wounds.
Dante:yeah that reminds me who fixed me up.
Mr gibbs: no one I was amazed myself you healed very quick no other man can survive the way you did. What happened to you
Dante: yeah……..ummmm my town got attacked by some demons and well I lost my mother,father and brother I fought some of them to escape and had been running all night till I found this village I guess when I arrived I mustve passed out.
Mr gibbs: demons you say…are you…are you sure.
Dante: WHAT YOU THINK IM LIEING.
Mr gibbs: well no…its just that I heard tere was a fire and……
Dante: yeah they burned it down trying to find me.
Mr gibbs: trying to find you.. why who are you?
Dante: Im the son of the legendary dark knight Sparda.
Everyone:………..
Dante: which reminds me where is my sword and a journal that I had along with me.
Mr gibbs: you….you are lieing sparda is just a myth.
Dante got angry and slamed his fist on the table.
Dante: ITS NOT A LIE I AM THE SON OF SPARDA I AM A DEMON YOU SAW IT YOURSELF THE WAY I HEALED AND NO OTHER MAN COULD SURVIVE THE WAY I HAVE SO NOW TELL ME WHERE IS MY SWORD.
Mr gibbs: I……….believe you……… its in the basement along with your journal it was quite heavy it took me and both of my sons to bring it inside.
Dante:show me the way
Mr gibbs took dante to the basement.
Mr gibbs: there it is but I think your gonna need some help lifting it.
Dante: I can do it my self.
Dante easily picked up the sword and t put the journal in a a bag Mr gibbs was shocked to see a child of his age have so much strength.
Mr gibbs: that…….thats impossible.
Dante: I know. Thanks for everything old man but I thinks its best to leave now.
As they came up from the basement they heard screams from outside the house and as he opened the door many demons had surrounded the house waiting for dante.
Dante: OLD MAN CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME AND FIND SOME PLACE TO HIDE.
Mr gibbs was frightened to see the scary creatures.
Dante: OLD MAN….
Mr gibss: al.....alright.
He closed the door.
Dante: all of you again. You just don’t know when to give up do you humph.i wont let you hurt this family I wont let you all destroy the village.
Demons: foolish boy we are hundreds.
Dante: this could be a good work out for me ive been waiting to kick some demon ass. Alright then LETS ROCK HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Dante charged forward to attack.

Top Bottom