• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry "What If" Ideas.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well each time vergil strived for power, it was at a large cost to human lives

So if he won entirely, and beat mundus later and unlocked sparda dt etc, i don't see him caring about humans. In fact if they attacked him, he may even take em out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Inspired by Morgan's post in the DMC5 dissapointing story thread.

What if Nero was Vergil's humanity? V could wander into Fortuna during the 1 month after 5's prologue. V could work with Sanctus in order to see if he can get his power back without merging back with his demon self. Or Urizen is working with Sanctus and V debates helping Dante stop him when he pops up at Sanctus's sermon?

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Or just change it so mundus manipulates trish since birth to think she is his creation/child and sparda and his family are traitors who tried to wipe him out

Trish can still lure dante the same way, and then change the dialogue where trish takes the attack for dante and have mundus reveal she is his sister and that actually lends more weight to dante unlocking sparda dt

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Or just change it so mundus manipulates trish since birth to think she is his creation/child and sparda and his family are traitors who tried to wipe him out

Trish can still lure dante the same way, and then change the dialogue where trish takes the attack for dante and have mundus reveal she is his sister and that actually lends more weight to dante unlocking sparda dt
I'd say she would have a bigger role with Vergil in 5. You could lean into what their relationship was like as kids. If she grew up with Mundus, she would recognize V's summons.

If she worked for Mundus, would she know about Vergil's time as Nero Angelo?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What i meant was she was taken as a baby, could even have it as what drew sparda away from eva to never be seen from again when vergil and dante were young

So they grew up with no knowledge of her, maybe just that she was born and her name and then she was taken

It could even reinforce vergil's drive for power to protect, as eva was powerless to stop it happening.Then after 3 she would likely find out who vergil was after his defeat to mundus, but they may not have interacted once he became nelo angelo.

Just an idea i had that would give her a bigger role

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"What if Vergil was reincarnated?

It would be funny to see a new character react to a bunch of Vergil's terrible memories. You could do a more serious take where Vergil tries to live a normal life as a human and he twists this guy's life because he still wants power.

You could even try an redemption attempt where Vergil tries to become a devil hunter but has to rely on magic as his new human body isnt that strong.

When he died is up to you but i think Dante killing him in 5 would be the most fun. This could work as apart of the What if Dante killed Vergil pitch from the earlier post.

Last edited:

windleopard

What if the twins were taken in and raised by Matier after Eva's death?

What if after Mundus was defeated, Trish remained in the underworld to take over and help keep the demons under control while Dante and Lady dealt with ones that had already crossed over into the human world?

What if Gloria wasn't Trish but a member of the Vie de Marli?

What if Lucia fought Argosax in Dante's place?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
What if Gloria wasn't Trish
This is something I've often wished was true. Such a cool design and potential in DMC4's story that was wasted just because the devs wanted Sanctus to have the Sparda sword and used Trish as a vector to get it there. :(

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What if dante and vergil never got split up
What if mundus was good
What if sparda was the demon emperor
What if abigail was dante and vergils mother

windleopard

This is something I've often wished was true. Such a cool design and potential in DMC4's story that was wasted just because the devs wanted Sanctus to have the Sparda sword and used Trish as a vector to get it there. :(
That entire plot point was a waste of time.

I'd have made Gloria one of Nero's personal allies.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'd have made Gloria one of Nero's personal allies.
The fact that "Gloria" was acting flirtatiously towards Nero in their first meeting is amusing in retrospect as that means that had Nero responded in kind, he'd have flirted with a woman who (in her normal appearance at least) is modeled after Nero's grandmother. :ROFL:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What if dante and vergil never got split up
What if mundus was good
What if sparda was the demon emperor
What if abigail was dante and vergils mother

I think Abigail was a dude. So what if Abigail was Dante and Vergil's's father?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Following my train of thought, I guess you could do a "what if Dante was the son of a villian?" story. It's unlikely Eva would fall for any of the demonic villians so Dante might've been a product of rape.

That might give for a darker dynamic to Dante's adventures and lean into the rebellious angle 3 and the reboot had.

Ironically Sparda wouldn't change but he'd be more of a mystery.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What if Nero was Brad and Julia's son?
What if Nero was Baal's son?
What if Baal and Modeus was involved in DMC2?

Inspired by @ef9dante_oSsshea 's post in the fix DMC2 thread-
What if Dante was Sparda's Twin?

Last edited:
Top Bottom