• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you like Devil May Cry anime ?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
It was... different. Dante seemed to be a bit calm, then again that just could have been the voice actor. He did a really good job, but I guess Dante... grew up? Nah. Dante will always be a kid at heart. I think I can tell from the additude in DMC4.

There were some episodes I was disappointed in, and some seemed random. I guess it was alright. >____> Don't kill me.

DarkHuntersInc

I wasn't really expecting a great deal from the anime, so I was satisified. Although I was pleasently surprised when the overall plot appeared towards the end, with there being stand alone stories with each episode. Although the last faceoff didn't reach its full potential.

But in all fairness when Dante can jump away from impalements, smirk and taunt, its kind of hard to give the man a worthy adversary.

*cough*Vergil*cough*

But with a second series (in my opinion anyway - if there was oe) they could recycle the characters and story from DMC2 since it looks like Capcom are going to forgot that game was ever made and make that plot into something more worthwhile. But if there was another series then they'd more likely have it as a prelude to DMC4, which could be very cool. Explore the Order, Nero/Kyrie, what the hell Dante is doing...

But these are just my random thoughts.

neochaos

Red Gunslinger
Well,it wasn't that bad was it ?
But you have to admit that the last epiosde, where Dante fights that big demon was pretty cool...
But I admit that some episodes really sucked.

neochaos

Red Gunslinger
Yeah, Patty was really funny. The really funny is at the end of episode 12, where dante left a small gift for her...hehehehe !!!!!!!

Stillborn

Devil's heart
Im so dissaponted to this anime. I expected a lot more from all episodes. Some episodes just seemed so random and some didn't even have any place in the main story. And the last fight... that was just too easy. I expected just a little bit more than "Graah! 'n Boom!"

Okay, I did enjoy this anime, but I still can't handle their work. Dante is more than anime let understand.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I just love the DMC anime! Just that, there isnt too much action in it as said before. But it was cool when Patty hit Dante with the mop and threw the bucket on him and ran outside! Hehe.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
DarkHuntersInc;50957 said:
I wasn't really expecting a great deal from the anime, so I was satisified. Although I was pleasently surprised when the overall plot appeared towards the end, with there being stand alone stories with each episode. Although the last faceoff didn't reach its full potential.

But in all fairness when Dante can jump away from impalements, smirk and taunt, its kind of hard to give the man a worthy adversary.

*cough*Vergil*cough*

Spoke my mind.

I liked the anime in general, but it had SOOO much ptential and did not manage to fulfill it. And I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the voice of Dante :mad: ,he totally ruined Dante's character with his non expressive voice. I hope they have Reuben to dub for the english version.

Dark Yamato

Dark Slayer
I really like the Anime it been good drawn but i missed more action on a fight and it should be more episodes.....i think the Anime is great

X_nick_X

Sorry but that was pretty awful.
The visuals looked great and the music was good and i don't understand Japaneses so I'm not bothered with the voice acting(like they needed one for dante).
But man the demons were just black blobs you had the odd colorful demon but there wasn't much imagination.
Then we have dante the cool looking silent type...(silent type???dante???)He's meant to be of the rails spouting Hollywood lines.Yet we get strawberry sundae(do what?)eating cool guy.

I suppose i had my hopes up a little to much and after episode 1 which looked great and had action and all sorts it just went down the toilet for me.

Aliya A. Mayuri

Beginner Devilhunter
Hmm... I liked the anime series, but I think the chief monster in episodes 11-12 could be more frightening - and he laughed like a drunk horse ;) and Dante could be more cheerful and he could act more lively - kinda in DMC3 game? But anyway, I liked anime. I hope it will continue.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
The anime ver. of Dante bored the crap outta me. D:

I too was expecting his DMC3 additude. He was just way to calm for me.

Ryujin

DARK SLAYER
same here dante seemed toooo lazy but i did like this line "strawberry sundae" i just luv it when he says tthat but he was a lazy bum in the anime we could have had some type of connection between the games

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Ryujin;52645 said:
same here dante seemed toooo lazy but i did like this line "strawberry sundae" i just luv it when he says tthat but he was a lazy bum in the anime we could have had some type of connection between the games

He wasn't lazy. He was just resting. >_> Kidding.

Yeah. He was pretty much a downer. Thankfully Patty and Lady kept things interesting and brighter.

Top Bottom