• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc: Catacombs Of Hell

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 4, pg 38

"Good. I'm glad to see we can agree on one thing" Michael said.

"Is that all sir?" Claude asked.

"Yep. You have no further questions?" Mike said.

"No. Okay, I'll get back to you as soon as possible on that other outbreak" said Claude.

"All right. See you later" said Mike; as the agent packed his files and fiddled with his tie whilst leaving.

"Leave the door open Claude" said Mike.

"Why? Are you expecting anyone else?" Claude asked.

"I should be" Mike said, hopefully.

Roger made his way into the building. What use to be his house once. The place had been converted into an Agency Base Of Operations, of which he had become an exclusive member of.

"Excuse me sir. Can I help you?" said the lady at reception. Roger walked over to her and read her name tag.

"Yes you can Janice. I'm here to see Michael Greyhound" Roger said.

"Well he was busy. But if you don't have an appointment" she said.

"Hey look. I am a member of this place, isn't that enough?" Roger replied, angrily.

"Well. Michael can only take time to speak with important agents. Or those who have an appointment. May I see your ID card sir?" Janice said.

"Yes. Here it is" Roger said, pulling it from his pocket and shoving it straight into Janice's face.

Her face suddenly turned from normal, to pale.

"I am awfully sorry sir. I had no idea you were his father. Michael is right this way sir" she said, as she got up and made her way up some stairs.

"His room is on floor 4. It's the room at the end of the corridor sir" she said.

"Thanks. But I do remember where my son's office is" Roger replied, as he made his way up the steps.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 4, pg 39

Meanwhile

Back at the science facility; Toni, Dante and Vergil had been killing some smaller demons that had appeared out of nowhere.

"Where do they all keep coming from?!" Dante asked, whilst fighting them off.

"Man!! This is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Do you have a bigger challenge Toni?" Vergil said, in a rather cocky tone that didn't suit him.

"Don't you start getting cocky!" Toni replied, as if to say it didn't suit him. "Hang on a minute, I might just take you up on that challenge" he added, as his attentions turned to bigger things.

His eyes had spotted a nearby hangar, that had a sleeping menace inside of it. It was a huge black dragon, held to the floor with chains.

More on this soon... I promise ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thank you little_d :)

Chapter 4, pg 39 continued

"This creature is a black dragon. They hate to be woken from their sleep, and they hate humans" said Toni.

"So? Let's just leave it alone. It's not doing anything" Dante said.

"It's still a threat Dante?" Toni replied.

"How? It's in chains" Dante stated, pointing at the huge chains tying the beast down.

"Well not if I take them off" Toni said, smirking.

"Is this because I said I wanted a challenge? Because if it was, I was kidding" Vergil said.

"Right then, you have learnt your lesson. Don't be cocky" Toni replied.

Beings as Toni wasn't going to take the chains off, the three left the dragon. But the beast growled, and the three turned around quickly to see what was happening.

It appeared that a few demons had taken the chains off, and had woken the dragon in doing so. Before the dragon attacked anyone, that thing flapped at its wings.

"Why was that thing tied up in that hangar anyway?" Vergil questioned.

"I think it's suppose to be there to scare people away" Toni said.

"Yeah, as if the two ugly demons at the gate weren't enough" said Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thanks Devil-Bringer +rep

Chapter 4, pg 40

Vergil laughed, but Toni watched as the beast's eyes fully opened.

The dragon noticed the demons standing near the chains, and figured that they had woke it. The black dragon's mouth gripped around the small demons. And then with a clash of its teeth, it bit into their bodies and picked them up. Finally, with a lash of his head he threw them into the air and they landed into its mouth; to be crushed and chewed to pieces by its huge jaws.

To the dragon, that was merely a snack. The main course would be the three humans standing before it. Unbeknownst to the beast, that they weren't human.

To Toni's, Dante's and Vergil's misfortune; that meant them. The dragon charged out of the hangar, and Vergil ran to the left of the beast. The dragon's tail swooped for Vergil, who grabbed onto it but was then flung into the air. Just like before, the dragon waited for its victim to fall into its open mouth.

"Oh no you don't" Dante said. He reached for Ebony and Ivory, and open fired on the dragon's chest.

Dante certainly got the dragon's attention, as the thing came charging towards him. Vergil, however, landed hard on the ground. Picking himself back up, he rejoined the fight.

"Like before, we split and attack different parts" Dante could hear Toni say in the background.

The dragon stopped chasing Dante, and became airborne. It began to rain fire on the ground below it.

"We can't fight it with swords, not when it reaches height like that" Toni stated.

Dante, who was still holding Ebony and Ivory; shot away at the dragon's large wings.

The dragon started losing air, and slowly came back near ground level. Its wings had been shot up, so it pained for it to go airborne.

With the creature hovering slightly off the ground, Vergil too had an idea.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 4, pg 41

He summoned two large whips, and with them he hit both of the dragon’s feet. The whip dug deep into the feet, and curled around. Will all of his strength, Vergil tugged and pulled. He managed to bring the dragon right to the ground, and he let go of the whips; and stuck the Force Edge sword into the dragon’s tail. Its blood spurted onto Vergil’s face, but he dug and dug the sword into the ground.

The dragon was confined to the spot. In one last attempt to do some damage, it bellowed out and sprayed fire everywhere. Dante and Toni dived out of the way.

“Let’s put this thing out of its misery” said Toni, and he summoned a long skewer. Pulling his arm back fully, he threw the skewer and it went straight through the dragon’s heart.

The dragon toppled over to the right and hit the ground with a hard thud. Blood still pouring from its heart and tail.

“Nice thinking Vergil” said Toni.

Vergil smiled, as he pulled the sword from the ground. Dante helped, as Vergil seemed to be struggling.

“I didn’t know I had dug it in so hard. Must have been thanks to this vile you gave me” Vergil said.

“Hey!! I haven’t had any of that yet bro” Dante stated.

“Here, you can have some now. Only take a little” Vergil said, passing Dante the bottle.

Dante looked at the bottle, “A little? It’s half empty Vergil” Dante said, annoyed.

“It tastes very nice. I couldn’t stop drinking it” Vergil replied.

“Well you should have, it’s very rare” Toni informed the twins.

“Hmm. Well it makes me feel stronger” Vergil told Toni.

“So I’ve noticed” said Dante, as if jealous of his brother’s strength.

“It takes ages to get this stuff. We have only a few bottles of it, here and there” Toni replied to Vergil’s comment.

“Aw, can I have some more?” Vergil asked, in a serious manner.

“Bottles? No” Toni said, bluntly.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 5: The Flames Of Hell, pg 42

"I was kidding" Vergil explained.

"Uh, well what next? Now we're inside the Grounds, I guess we should head into the Facility" Toni suggested.

"Why did a bunch of demons manage to get so close to one of your Bases? And stay undetected for so long?" Vergil asked.

"Well we hadn't been expecting an Opening to be so close to one of our Bases you see. And we were mainly busy on tracking you down, that they got under our noses for this long" Toni replied, in answer to Vergil's questions.

"I want to know how many Bases you have" Dante said.

"Well demon outbreaks aren't a regular occurrence as of yet. It takes a while for us to find out if one will be happening soon, so we only have a few" Toni answered.

"How many would you say you have? In this country alone" Dante asked, curiously.

"In all, we have about 100 Bases" Toni responded.

"Quite a few then" Vergil stated.

"Man! That's loads" said Dante.

"Yeah. Well we need to monitor demonic activity" said Toni, as they had reached the door to the Lab.

"Hey, this thing has a panel. You need some sort of card to be allowed access" Vergil pointed out.

"How are we going to get in? Without a card?" Dante said.

"Don't worry. If my knowledge is correct, as I am sure it is. My member card should allow us access" Toni said, and he put his card into the slot.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 5, pg 43

Meanwhile, inside the facility a man was sitting at his computer. Another man entered, looking worried.

"Mark, they know we are here" he said, with fear in his words.

The man swivelled in his chair quicker than lightning can strike, and stared back at his co-worker.

"Well!" he said, in a calm tone of voice. "Put the area on security lock down. Nobody is getting in here alive" Mark replied; casually resuming his work.

"Please, show me the screens Clyde" Mark asked, as he got up from his chair and walked with Clyde into a room with hundreds of television screens. On two of these screens were people they did not recognise.

Back with the gang

"Well Toni, is it letting us in or what?" Dante asked, ever growing more impatient by the second.

"Not yet! For some reason our access is being denied. Something is stopping my card from allowing us access" Toni said, as to which Dante sighed with boredom.

Back inside the facility, Mark was explaining a strategy he had to Clyde; who was listening to every word carefully.

"What we do is we wait for them to enter, and act as if everything is normal. Then, when they are safely inside; we lock the place up, and then we release the flame demons. We'll see how they like that" he said.

"Great plan Mark, but you're forgetting some vital things about all of this. That is no ordinary man, and neither are those two goons at his side" said the bald headed man who had just entered the room.

Mark looked around, "Sorry Boss! But are you saying we don't give them access to the facility?" he questioned.

"Precisely. Listen to my words carefully. Do not!! Under any circumstances, let them in. And if they do manage to gain access, you'll know where to find me" said the man. As he turned the others nodded, and resumed their positions.

"It's not opening" said Toni, and he removed his card from the panel.

"What's that sound?" said Vergil; as he looked around he noticed what it was making the noise.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 5, pg 44

It was a camera, positioned sneakily into the corner between the wall and the huge steel door.

"We're being watched!" Vergil informed Toni and Dante.

"Someone's inside then, perhaps allies?" Dante hastily assumed.

"Can't be allies, or they would of let us in. It must be as Mike suspected, he's been harping on about something for quite some time now" Toni replied, making Dante appear foolish.

"Then why didn't you check it out earlier on?" Dante inquired.

"Don't ask me! Michael should have inspected things more closely; As I was off tracking down you two" said Toni, trying to defend himself.

"No, they must be demon worshippers. My guess is they're pros" he continued.

"Yeah, well I'm camera shy" Dante replied, as to which he turned towards the camera.

"Shows over" he said, as he shot the camera screen with Ebony. The screen smashed, with bits of glass flying straight off it.

Inside the facility, the group of demon worshippers were just sitting back and relaxing.

"Hey, remember what the Boss said? That these men aren't human, or something" Clyde said.

"Yeah, what a load of nonsense. He's just saying that to make us more alert" Mark said.

"You think?"

"Of course. No-one is getting in, it's secured too tight. Even if they did, they wouldn't last five seconds" Mark replied, as he kicked his feet up onto the table and laid back.

"Who are we waiting for anyway?" Clyde asked, curiously.

"Ah, some demon. The Boss says that it'll take a while until he arrives, but in the end we'll get our reward" said Mark.

"Which is?"

"Beats me. Probably money. That's the only reason I've been helping the old man. No, once I get paid I am out of here" Mark replied, this time looking a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah, me too. If we do get paid that is" Clyde said, in an unsure manner.

"I'm sure we will" Mark said, reassuringly.

Top Bottom