• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Inspired Clothing

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Angel, this is just my new strategy for playfully poking fun at the other members. But if an admin wishes for me to stop, I will.
might be best unless the object of your attention doesnt mind. just prevents potential flaming, yeah? appreciate it :)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
tumblr_mo328do5j41ryfipvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo328do5j41ryfipvo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo328do5j41ryfipvo4_1280.jpg

t01.jpg

And so it was done.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Aaaah, yeah that makes sense xP Didn't think of it since he barely ever had it on in the game... a pity :<
That would have been cool to see it more in the game. I was thinking maybe in the exchange scene. The mask looks kinda creepy to me, and it would fit with what happens in the exchange, plus it would be practical so that no one could see his face.

Sunaka Marién

That would have been cool to see it more in the game. I was thinking maybe in the exchange scene. The mask looks kinda creepy to me, and it would fit with what happens in the exchange, plus it would be practical so that no one could see his face.
It was actually pretty careless of Vergil not to wear it there, now that I think of it. I mean, just before, he was all happy to know that Mundus knew nothing about him exept for his name, and then he's just causing a ruckus there with his face for all to see :/

IncarnatedDemon

I know they do a lot of it in China. They sell it on ebay. All you have to do is send your measurements to them...only thing is, the cosplay is not always the best quality.
Honestly i wouldn't go to a tailor to be insulted.

I would march into a clothing expert /tailor, and say "Here is the drawings and here are my measurements"
+ give pictures of what i want the clothes to look like and not look like. I.e it must look real and not like a gimmick.
+ Possible help out with picking of fabrics and colours

And then say with a Borat voice "How Maach?"

And if the designer gives me a gimmick cosplay cloth i will take back my money.

Sure it will be expensive, you may have to pay 1000 dollars. But AT LEAST your 1000 dollars will grant you clothes of your favourite character that is really unique and of high quality.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It was actually pretty careless of Vergil not to wear it there, now that I think of it. I mean, just before, he was all happy to know that Mundus knew nothing about him exept for his name, and then he's just causing a ruckus there with his face for all to see :/
Considering Mundus has security cameras everywhere, I'm surprised there were no cameras at the dock. I guess it's just a plot convenient omission.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Considering Mundus has security cameras everywhere, I'm surprised there were no cameras at the dock. I guess it's just a plot convenient omission.

Really, there are tons of plot holes there I didn't get

If Mundus is such a strategic and in control BAMF, why couldn't he properly rescue a hostage like the FBI and SWAT do almost all the time.
Better yet, why didn't he just send a giant platoon, scratch that, a whole freaking army, of demons just to kick Dante's ass.
Instead he just sends a single SWAT team.

What, he wasn't willing to risk his army which has clearly been shown to be expendable from square one.

If he was anywhere near as smart as they made him out to be, he probably would've stormed the area with SWAT members THROUGHOUT THE AREA.
Even funnier than that
images
Kat, earlier in the game says "Hunters are brutal fighters", WHY NOT JUST SEND MULTIPLE OF THOSE THINGS TO KICK DANTE'S ASS. HE BARELY COULD HANDLE THE ONE!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

If Mundus is such a strategic and in control BAMF, why couldn't he properly rescue a hostage like the FBI and SWAT do almost all the time.
Better yet, why didn't he just send a giant platoon, scratch that, a whole freaking army, of demons just to kick Dante's ass.

What, he wasn't willing to risk his army which has clearly been shown to be expendable from square one.
The best part of that was that Kat, who Mundus hoped Vergil would want to rescue, meant nothing to Vergil. If it wasn't for Dante, Mundus would be like this:
1_zps36b56a39.png

2_zps99a50c94.png

3_zpsea04cd60.png

Seriosuly, Mundus' whole plan to get Dante hinged on the hope that Vergil would care enough about Kat to give away Dante. Also, if Mundus did think Vergil cared about Kat, didn't it ever occur to him that Vergil would kidnap someone close to him as payback?

Then there's the whole thing about Mundus caring about his heir, and actually wanting an heir. The guy is an immortal demon king. Sure, immortal doesn't equal indestructable, but it's still a bit strange that he would want an heir when he could potentially live forever so long as the hellgate was in tact.
Also when Dante sends the return message with the exchange for Lilith...why did Mundus care? He could have just gotten another lady pregnant. Vergil did imply that there was more than 1 woman around Mundus. Heck, the way Lilith acted when Mundus mentioned the succubus made me think he was having a thing with that too.>_<

And good point about sending an army to Order HQ instead of SWAT. He could also have just bombed the place to bits as well.

aoshi

Hmmmm...Clothes barely resemble wat was in the game. Especially, vergil. Jus the buttons across a normal coat. Or should i say jacket. They could have atleast added the blue leader patch on his left arm.>_<

Sunaka Marién

Seriosuly, Mundus' whole plan to get Dante hinged on the hope that Vergil would care enough about Kat to give away Dante. Also, if Mundus did think Vergil cared about Kat, didn't it ever occur to him that Vergil would kidnap someone close to him as payback?
Nobody knew that he actally had somebody close to him, though, if it hadn't been for Phineas.

Then there's the whole thing about Mundus caring about his heir, and actually wanting an heir. The guy is an immortal demon king. Sure, immortal doesn't equal indestructable, but it's still a bit strange that he would want an heir when he could potentially live forever so long as the hellgate was in tact.
Maybe he was bored? :troll: That's something I was wondeing about aswell. Maybe started to get a bit worried afterall since Dante was still around and needed a plan B? Or maybe he just wanted to 'share' his, uhm, "kingdom" with? I mean, what's the reason for one want to take over the world in the first place? :blink:

Also when Dante sends the return message with the exchange for Lilith...why did Mundus care? He could have just gotten another lady pregnant. Vergil did imply that there was more than 1 woman around Mundus. Heck, the way Lilith acted when Mundus mentioned the succubus made me think he was having a thing with that too.>_<
Maybe he especially picked her? Like, maybe there was somthing in her gene material the others didn't have?

And good point about sending an army to Order HQ instead of SWAT. He could also have just bombed the place to bits as well.
Guess that was to not make the citizens of Limbo City worry too much. Plus, they were just generally searched terrorists, so the raid on the Order HQ might have not been directly guided by Mundus, but by the police - if there's still a difference >_< And that raid was rather successful, now wasn't it? They seem to have killed pretty much everyone exept for our three heroes. Now that I think of it, it was actually rather smart to not bomb the place, because with everything still intact they would have had access to the Order's data and maybe find out more about Vergil and Dante, and, as Vergil said, would have known about all their plans, which is why it was so important to Vergil to destroy the place.

If he was anywhere near as smart as they made him out to be, he probably would've stormed the area with SWAT members THROUGHOUT THE AREA.
Even funnier than that
images
Kat, earlier in the game says "Hunters are brutal fighters", WHY NOT JUST SEND MULTIPLE OF THOSE THINGS TO KICK DANTE'S ASS. HE BARELY COULD HANDLE THE ONE!
He drank too much of his Virility :troll: Idk, but, maybe he was just so worried about his child that he didn't want to take the risk of it being killed if there was a fight to occure between Dante and the demons? What I find much more strange is that they didn't position any sharpshooters at the scene of the trade, I mean, isn't that something they acutally do in real life?
I never really felt that he was being portrayed as all that smart, for some reason. Maybe he's just good with financial stuff and otherwise as dumb as bread :p

Anyway, CLOTHES. Ehem. Yes. I'd like the t-shirt with the weapons on it. Looks kinda cool. Reminds me that I wanted to make a shirt with Eryx on it and that "because flaming Hulkfists are always stylish" quote from that DMC fashion watch thingy :p

IncarnatedDemon

Looking at the page again with the clothes kinda **** me off. Its just normal clothes that have few similarities with the characters clothes.

I mean i could skim through a big list of clothes and probably find clothes with more similarities in a fashion site.

Great things take time.
Making a cloth that resembles Vergil's coat by 95% isnt impossible. And i think all cosplayers who want to be unique should have that standard of quality.

Its not about curing cancer...
Thats something else.

Its about making a quality garment for a cosplayer.
If i was to make one i would do following:

Get the BIGGEST size of pictures of the cloth
Get the character model with the cloth (big picture)
Visit the creators (NT in this case), talk to them about fabric and ask if they can give you a "overview" of the clothes. Even offer money for the request.

Take all that stuff with me,
Fabric types
Overview of the clothes in clear detail

And start making the garment.

It may take alot of time, but in the end youve created a quality cloth that people will admire and you yourself can be proud of.
And later you could take requests from people and possibly earn some money creating for other people too-

Sunaka Marién

While I am also rather displeased about the fact that these clothes have barely anything in common with DmC, as that makes it just seem like a rip-off, I believe that there is a misunderstanding.
These clothes are not intended for cosplaying purposes, but as something to wear in everydaylife, just inspired by the aesthetics and style of DmC - which, imo, they failed a little to capture. Exept for those "Dante" pants. They're awsome.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Mh, idk for the rest, but as for the heir I think that maybe Mundus wans't exaclty planning on having a heir, but since it, well, happened, now he is protective of it. I think it may be a matter of pride too, not simply a matter of needing an heir (as you say, it's quite questionable that he needed one in the first place): no one should dare touch the baby of the powerful demon king...

...And NO, I don't want to go to bed with the image of Mundus with the succubus, thank you very much... >_< Bleh.
I'd rather dream of Vergil or Cesare. Better of both. :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Mh, idk for the rest, but as for the heir I think that maybe Mundus wans't exaclty planning on having a heir, but since it, well, happened, now he is protective of it.
Don't tell me he didn't know how babies are made:lol: And if it's true that he wasn't intending to have an heir, then I guess the reveal went like this.
Lilith: I'm having your baby, my darling.
Mundus:...:blink:
Lilith: Deal with it. :troll:
I think it may be a matter of pride too, not simply a matter of needing an heir (as you say, it's quite questionable that he needed one in the first place): no one should dare touch the baby of the powerful demon king...
It would look bad if his child was attacked. Maybe it would give others the idea that he could be attacked too. Plus, I guess he would be very proud of his genetics...so there's also that reason for wanting to protect his heir.

EllDawn

As was said before, no one knew about Lilith and that she was pregnant. Mundus didn't advertise anything about his personal life, so it would have been easy for him to keep her and the baby secret.

As far as him caring about his heir, I kind of think it was something unexpected. Maybe it's not easy for him to get a woman pregnant, so finding out Lilith was made him want to protect the baby. If it's a rare occurrence he's not going to just want to throw it away and try again like it's nothing. He's going to want to keep what he has and protect it however he can.

Bombing the place would have been an overreaction where the rest of the city was concerned. At that point he was still trying to keep the illusion of everything being normal. And he probably knew Dante wouldn't want to harm Lilith, so he was willing to trust that in him. He was right to believe that about him. It was Vergil he shouldn't have trusted. Vergil was more than willing to sacrifice anyone for his own goals, so shooting Lilith and putting Kat in danger would have seemed like a requirement for his plan.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
The best part of that was that Kat, who Mundus hoped Vergil would want to rescue, meant nothing to Vergil. If it wasn't for Dante, Mundus would be like this:
1_zps36b56a39.png

2_zps99a50c94.png

3_zpsea04cd60.png

the reason they didnt go back for her was because like all great artists her brutal death would have sent sales of her mechandise sky rocketing.

ok now for serious: This is why Mundus's plan was not that bad at all.

He thought that Vergil was a human, with wants love desires etc. So as such when he saw Kat had all these feelings for him he imagined that since humans are so simple that Vergil harbored similar feelings for her. Which he could use against both him and Dante. He didn't realise that Vergil knew about the existence of his heir nor that Dante would be strong enough to capture him/it/whatever.

Now Mundus wants an heir the same reason any king wants an heir, to take up the throne when hes done/bored of it. He is a flesh and blood demon, he desires to spawn an heir just as much as any other creature. Not to mention it meant having an immortal ally who would always be on your side because family and what not. Furthermore, we know he has/had many concubines but it seemed only Lilith got pregnant. Probably because it is difficult for such powerful demons to conceive a child . (a human is 100X less fertile than a monkey let that sink in). So getting an heir would have been a big thing for him. Hence why he was willing negotiate with Dante and why he sent in SWAT rather than a bomb to take care of it as he didnt want to risk hurting it.

Top Bottom