• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Timeline

Handsome Devil Sparda

you can argue all you want, in the beginning of 4 as Nero assembles red queen he states “the guy just came back from hell and he’s got to hit a couple of tourist sites”

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Technically he said "Guy just came from Hell, he's gotta hit up a couple tourist sites."
This is in reference to Nero thinking Dante was just a more powerful demon from hell and not a Devil Hunter.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
N

o that he assumes Dante is just a strong demon from hell because they know who he is because they even tried to capture Dante for their savior ritual
But it technically doesn't correlate with DMC2. It just happens to be a throwaway line that luckily fit into the shift in entries like a glove. DMC4 was made back when it was the original timeline. of 3142, so at that time, it could easily be seen as Nero thinking Dante's just a human-looking demon from hell who came to play, and not the guy who rode a motorcycle through hell and somehow came back to Earth.

Handsome Devil Sparda

But it technically doesn't correlate with DMC2. It just happens to be a throwaway line that luckily fit into the shift in entries like a glove. DMC4 was made back when it was the original timeline. of 3142, so at that time, it could easily be seen as Nero thinking Dante's just a human-looking demon from hell who came to play, and not the guy who rode a motorcycle through hell and somehow came back to Earth.
No proof no point but here’s mine
The chronological order of the Devil May Cry series does not follow the release order of the games. The first game in the time line is Devil May Cry 3, followed by Devil May Cry, then Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry 5.
Fandom › wiki › Devil_May_Cry_(...

Devil May Cry (series) | Capcom Database | Fandom

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Densetsu no Makenshi
It's not hard to understand. Recently Capcom moved DMC2's place in the timeline but DMC4 is from 12 years ago, back when they had no plans to do that whatsoever.

So that line has no correlation with the new shift in DMC2's place. It's a coincidence. It happens to fit this new timeline order, like Dragon said, but that was not the intent and meaning behind it, because it was written back when Capcom had no idea that would happen and the order was still 3142 and in their mind, when they came up with that dialogue, that's how it was gonna stay. Therefore Dragon's interpretation is correct.

Also I don't know what you mean by "you can argue all you want". Everybody acknowledges that the new order is 31245. Some may not be happy about it, and question its sensibility, but they don't deny that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
When dmc 4 came out capcom confirmed that it was set between dmc 1 and 2

When dmc 5 was announced dmc 2 was also set after dmc 4 but some months before release capcom changed his mind and put dmc 2 before 4

That quote From nero didn't main anything, dante come back from hell in dmc 1, 3 and the anime too, so by you're theory nero could have been referring to this games

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
However to be actually fair there are some references to dmc 2 in the dmc 4 prologue, but it's more a reference for the player and a joke, it doesn't mean that 4 was set after 2 when it came out...

In the first part of the prologue dante is completely mute he dosent even talk during gameplay when you fight him as Nero, neither when he taunt you or use stinger or other moves, he only begin to talk later in the prologue and nero say something like: " i thought a cat eat your toungue"

This is all a joke and a reference to dmc 2 dante personality, since he never talk and was mostly mute during the whole game

I think some at capcom confirmed that in an interview, I'll try to find it if i can

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't mind the change.

There are a few theories I could mold around the new timeline, but I don't feel like going over them with anyone who may or may not disagree with them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't mind the change.

There are a few theories I could mold around the new timeline, but I don't feel like going over them with anyone who may or may not disagree with them.
Just post it bro.

We could use something new to talk about. Fan theories are what fan forums are for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom