• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 ending?

Which should DMC5 be based on? (Not the reboot)

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly, I didn't like how Capcom left us in the dark about Nero's origin, and, yes, I did enjoy Dante, Lady, and Trish as a team at the end of DMC4, but I still feel a bit cheated that they just stopped and did the reboot. I like the reboot, but still. I hope Cpacom continues with the rest of DMC or atleast finishes it if the series was truely suppose to die at DMC4.
This is what I mean:

I mean I like what they're implying about Nero apperantly being something of a "Vergil-poser" (No hate entended), and him taking Dante's place and all, but to me, it felt like;

Dante: Alright kid. I'm going on vacation for a while, don't let my throne be dirty, alright?

then there was the second ending:
After seeing that, I expected Dante, trish, and Lady to team up and kick demon ass again; a mix of DMC1 and DMC3. Something amazing to continue, the old son of Sparta saga that could lead to something big, hell something after DMC2 or so...but instead, they did this;

I have no problem with it, I mean I'm an open DMC fan, and love DMC to a point, but when the first DmC 2010 TGS trailer came out, I was a bit dissapointed in Capcom. That's like you, just about to have sex and you are so close to it, but then her ugly friend comes in and screws it all up. I mean I like the reboot personally, but you know what I mean. I just hope they do a DMC5 at least to finish it.

Thoughts?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^ the main problem I did have with four was you could have answered those questions in the game itself rather than save it for a sequel.

his might be in the wrong section.

Why cant i have Dmc5 that does all of the above?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm disappointed too. They should've shown all answers behind Nero.

Of course... Nero would've paid Dante a visit and Kyrie brand new and hot.

Kyo

medicated insanity
This came as a disappointmen to me aswell. so many unawnserd questions and like what a member posted above me, i figured they would keep going with the sotry they left us at instead of a reboot. to be honest, i haven't heard of the reboot since i recently came back last week, since than i have read up on as much as i could and i must say i am disappointed.

Although i will not be arrogant enough to go ahead and judge this new "Dante" I hope if vergil is in the reboot, they atleast leave him alone.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This came as a disappointmen to me aswell. so many unawnserd questions and like what a member posted above me, i figured they would keep going with the sotry they left us at instead of a reboot. to be honest, i haven't heard of the reboot since i recently came back last week, since than i have read up on as much as i could and i must say i am disappointed.

Although i will not be arrogant enough to go ahead and judge this new "Dante" I hope if vergil is in the reboot, they atleast leave him alone.

I hope they don't change Vergil too much. Better yet, they COULD just keep him out of the game. Dante, I can understand the new look, but Vergil? Noooo...

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Wow! I haven't played this game from beginning to end since 2010.

Anyways, when I last played DMC4, finally completed the game and watched the ending, I thought there was another mission to go through since the ending scene seemed 'incomplete'. I mean, I still don't know who that tanned woman is (the one that looks like Gaga). Is she the enemy? I'll never know. I wish they could have revealed the answers in the game. I mean, since the ending left us all (or at least me) in confusion. Now that DMC (5?) is going to be released, it feels like they are going to leave the previous game on a cliffhanger. Great.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Wow! I haven't played this game from beginning to end since 2010.

Anyways, when I last played DMC4, finally completed the game and watched the ending, I thought there was another mission to go through since the ending scene seemed 'incomplete'. I mean, I still don't know who that tanned woman is (the one that looks like Gaga). Is she the enemy? I'll never know. I wish they could have revealed the answers in the game. I mean, since the ending left us all (or at least me) in confusion. Now that DMC (5?) is going to be released, it feels like they are going to leave the previous game on a cliffhanger. Great.

Gloria is Trish. We see her change before we get to use Dante.

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Oops! That just shows how I hardly remember the game from two years ago :/ I watched the scene on YouTube and I never noticed it in the game. Odd. Now I feel like a total noob. Sorry about that but thank you for the answer!

Top Bottom