• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 ideas?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there was ever a new game after DMC4, how would they make the story better and all the clues are put together?

As for Kyrie.... they gotta do something about her. She should take Credo's place after his death.

incneet

I'll show how to use the power!!!
All characters playable!!! xD

xYbZUxX.jpg

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
this isn't that story related but anyway
i remember hearing here that in the books it says that Dante sells his devil arms to pay off his debt
a reasonable explanation why he only ever has rebellion at the start of games

but in DMC 4 Lady says the Order of the sword is collecting devil arms (for the hell gates most likely)

well since the worship Sparda and maybe to some extent Dante
what if after DMC 4 Dante is hanging with Nero and then Nero shows him the armory and BAM all of Dante's old devil arms are there
making all the previous weapons available for game play

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante is wiping out everything in the demon world.working his way towards a hell gate, nero is fighting on the surface working towards the same hellgate as yamato is needed to open it, lady is not hunting anymore as if it is set after DMC2 she is most likely too old amd trish is still doing her thing, so two campaigns all the combat from DMC4 but expanded and improved on and higher ddifficulties even than gmd

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ideally people would want some resolution to DMC2/DMC4 as most of the plotholes/unanswered questions come from those games so having DMC5 resolve those would be a great way to appeal to fans.

plus how those gets resolved has a lot of wiggle room so you can get really creative.

Creelien

True Spiritualist
Yes, give answers to the unanswered questions between DMC4 and DMC2. I'd like to see a Vergil-Nero reunion. :D

And there should be a DLC which would let us to play as Sparda for 11 missions let's say. That would take place in Temen-Ni-Gru in the past to seal away the portal to the demonic world. There would be bosses almost in each missions. Bosses like: Cerberus, Gigapede, Agni & Rudra, Leviathan, Nevan, Beowulf, Geryon nad Doppelganger. C'mon you're playing as Sparda the Legendary Dark Knight, you can face bosses after bosses. :D Defeating them would mean that Sparda succesfully sealed them into the tower. And in the end, you could defeat Mundus as the Final Boss of teh DLC, but he would have a human-sized form. The ending scene could be a moment of Sparda's life with Eva, Vergil and Dante. :D After completing the DLC, you could replay it with the other characters as well but of course that would mean an automatic cutscene skipping.

And of course all characters playable! :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
If they want to make the game another game with the story divided into more than one character how about not doing first half one and the second half another or even dividing it into equivalent parts for all playable characters, nor would I like it to go with one character one chapter the other the next, but rather I'd hope they'd get creative with the chapter distribution.

Let's say for example that the playable character are going to be Trish, Nero and Lady. Rather than go T, N, L, and again T, N, L til the end I would have it go T, N, L, N, N, T, L, T, T, T, N, L, N, L and so on in less organized manner more for story than uniformity.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Maybe they could do like TW3, where you got your main guy Geralt, but when the plot demands it you play as Ciri.

Frazz

General gamer
Honestly I would like a 40 mission campaign with 20 missions as Dante and 20 as Vergil. Mission 20 and 40 would be a boss done like DMC3 Arkham with two characters but you can switch between them on the fly and the other character is mostly AI controlled. That's what I'd like!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind multiple characters being playable/usable but i rather have the option of choosing them so you dont feel someone is forced on you (which happened with nero).

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Run and gun. It's pretty annoying how when you're locked on, your character moves at a snail's pace - severely contrasting with cutscenes. So, make our characters a bit mobile when locked on.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Lucia and Nero team up to get Dante out of hell. First 10 missions Lucia, last 10 Nero. Nero, using yamato, opens a hidden Hellgate. Upon entering, the two are immediately attacked by a group of lesser demons(tutorial.) Right after a short fight there is a boss battle with an overwhelmingly powerful blue demon. After knocking out Lucia, he then grabs Nero and absorbs the devil bringer and obtains Yamato. It is revealed to be Vergil who then talks with his son, revealing that he needed a safe place to store his power, and couldn't think of a better place than with someone of his own blood.

Vergil escapes through the Hellgate. Nero chases after him, telling Lucia to find Dante and he will return for them after he gets more answers from his father. After he leaves, the gate closes trapping Lucia inside.

With the devil bringer lost to Nero, his arm returns to normal. He can still grab enemies to perform finishers, but can no longer use snatch/grim grip. He also awakens his own devil within now that he can no longer summon Vergil's. Thoughts?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about new playable characters? I'm looking for those who can wield a sword.

We already got...

Dante - Zweihander
Vergil - Katana

What about a....
- Dao Sword
- Rapier
- Gladius

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Here's another idea: Get rid of ****ing Grim Grips.

Vergil and Lady can't traverse them worth a damn. I can't even keep count the number of times I died on the spot just because stupid ****ing Vergil hits that torture ceiling in mission 4.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Lucia and Nero team up to get Dante out of hell. First 10 missions Lucia, last 10 Nero. Nero, using yamato, opens a hidden Hellgate. Upon entering, the two are immediately attacked by a group of lesser demons(tutorial.) Right after a short fight there is a boss battle with an overwhelmingly powerful blue demon. After knocking out Lucia, he then grabs Nero and absorbs the devil bringer and obtains Yamato. It is revealed to be Vergil who then talks with his son, revealing that he needed a safe place to store his power, and couldn't think of a better place than with someone of his own blood.

Vergil escapes through the Hellgate. Nero chases after him, telling Lucia to find Dante and he will return for them after he gets more answers from his father. After he leaves, the gate closes trapping Lucia inside.

With the devil bringer lost to Nero, his arm returns to normal. He can still grab enemies to perform finishers, but can no longer use snatch/grim grip. He also awakens his own devil within now that he can no longer summon Vergil's. Thoughts?
its a good concept and a nice way to end the saga(or atleast give the series a soft close)

Top Bottom